Revel Marketing (Washington)

Updated October 27, 2014
Updated October 27, 2014
3.1

Alesha Spacek

Fun and exciting career with exceptional growth opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Marketing (Washington) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training is amazing and very focused for the individual. I like how I am able to learn everything I will need and continue to use it throughout my career here. The position cross-trains me in several different areas, which makes me well-rounded as an individual.

Cons

Yes, this position is challenging. It does require a passionate and dedicated person to work here. If you have determination to succeed and a hard work ethic you will fit right in!

Provided me with a great opportunity

Current Employee - Team Leader in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Washington, DC

Pros

Revel Marketing is unlike any other place I have worked. They really empower their team members to be successful as individuals and as a team. They offer an intense training program that can help you move up in the company at a faster pace if you have the drive to do so. I am a hard working person so I was up for the challenge.

Cons

It is a difficult job int he beginning because you have to put in the effort to push yourself at whatever pace you want to go. I personally wanted to move fast, so I worked long hours to hit my goals. I didn't take no for an answer! I worked hard because I knew the opportunity would pay off in the end.

Love the opportunity you provide people to eventually run their own office. It is something so many people wish they could do, but never get the chance. Thanks for giving me the chance!

One of the best, most challenging and educational experiences of my life.

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Revel Marketing (Washington) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you're interested in learning marketing, sales, how to run a business, etc... There's no better place to learn all of the above than Revel Marketing. Being a prior business owner myself, I was able to relate to everyone there- driven, smart, motivating people that loved to come to work in the morning in order to get one step closer to their long term goals. Some wanted to open up restaurants, others wanted to launch record studios- it's the entrepreneurial melting pot that most have only heard about but have never had the pleasure to experience first hand. I was there nearly a year, so I got to see the in's and out's of the business and the true character of the CEO. These people will take you under their wing and bring you into the Revel family immediately. They will go above and beyond to teach you everything they know and help push you towards your goals. If you want to learn any aspect of entrepreneurship or business, you better submit a resume. But, if you're not willing to work hard and do what it takes to be successful- if you're not driven and just want a free ride, you'll be sadly disappointed. These people are the real entrepreneurs- they give their best and expect only the best from everyone around them.

Cons

The cons regard any standard business. It's hard, and you have to have a work ethic, but welcome to entrepreneurship. I don't have a negative thing to say about this business. You walk in there and see the caliber of people and their beamingly positive attitudes and it's merely a reflection of their leadership. "Attitude reflects leadership," and you won't regret walking in the door.

Keep up the good work, Freddy. Miss you guys already.

Great experience for any passionate individual

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

This company is super fast-paced and motivating. They begin every day with a meeting to hype up the team and increase energy in the office. It is such a great way to start off every day. This pumps you up for your time in the field. The field is hard work but it pays off in bonuses and moving up in the company. My goal was to become an office owner because I couldn't wait to lead a team. I was promoted in just 6 months after working super hard towards my goal. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything.

Cons

It is a tough job that requires dedication and effort. It pushed me to push myself beyond any capabilities I thought I had. I loved the challenge and the experience.

Keep up the incentives and team building activities. Those were so awesome!

Misleading, Disorganized company

Former Employee - Honestly, Not 100% Sure in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Honestly, Not 100% Sure in Seattle, WA

I worked at Revel Marketing (Washington) part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Honestly, it is hard to find one. My time with Revel was one big con.

Cons

There is a lot to list here, so I will make it easier for you to read:
    Never knowing your hours, the boss would write the hours on a piece of paper Monday morning before you had to head off to the sites.
    You weren't compensated for gas, and when confronted about it they would list some BS government reasons
    The pay was awful, plus the commission never seemed to be calculated right
    The products you sell are awful, and you have to push them in Costco's, Sam's Club, QFC, etc for 10 hours a day.
    There is a huge cult mentality, the people that drink the kool aid make you feel like you are the crazy one and that every business is ran like this, which is far from true.

All in all, I lasted about 4 months before bailing, and that's because I needed the money. Don't work for Revel people, keep searching. There are better jobs out there.

Close your doors? Get into a real industry that is so scammy.

Believe the hype -- Revel Marketing is a wonderful place to work!

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Seattle, WA

Pros

Ranked # 1 small company to work for in Seattle in 2013 and even people expecting awesomeness are surprised by how it exceeds expectations. Lots of really nice, smart people; a leadership team that wants to provide a productive and happy workplace; perks like no other!

Cons

Company is growing fast so there are the occasional growing pains (i.e. needing more office space and lots of new folks to train!) but this also means lots of opportunity for personal advancement and specialization. The leadership team is quick to address any issues and is impressive with their strategic vision.

Keep up the great work!

Great company culture and growth opportunity

I have been working at Revel Marketing (Washington) full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and team environment. I'm always excited to get up in the morning to go to work. I started to get my foot in the door in events and marketing; I gained so much experience in marketing, sales, events and dealing with people on a daily basis. I love the fact that if I put in the hard work I am able to advance in the company and train others.

Cons

I have not ran into that many negatives with working with revel.

I receive much more than a paycheck from Revel Marketing.

Current Employee - Campaign Management in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Campaign Management in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Marketing (Washington) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My time with Revel Marketing has been rewarding in ways that have nothing to do with what I earn. Even in my earliest of days, I noticed to solve a difficult problem or provide an innovative idea with shape gave me a huge feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. Hearing from team leaders and others that my contributions were truly appreciated only added to that. I have learned so many things with this company that if I were to change jobs I know that I could get a job anywhere. I have learned patience, accountability and responsibility in such an amazing short period of time that has grown me personally and professionally. This position has made me a stronger and a more prepared person for whatever life throws at me.

Cons

There is no real secret to success in Revel, just hard work and determination. Always be responsive to constructive feedback. Do these things and good things will come.

Team based recognition programs are great motivators. Everybody seems to give more effort when they know that everyone benefits from their hard work.

Great company structure and great people!

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Seattle, WA

Pros

No matter where you are in life at this point, everybody starts out at the field.
    And, even though you are progressing within the company, you would still have to be on the field to train others and remind yourself what it's like working hands-on. I personally believe that every employee in any company should be scheduled to be on the sales field, every other week. This way, he/she would know what the customers need and how to meet their needs in the best possible way through the field experience before they actually make major business decisions and executive/innovative strategies moving forward.

Overall, I would say that Revel Marketing Inc. has the following values as a company:
    - Great teamwork and culture
    - Great work environment
    - Organized company structure
    - Equal Opportunity, diverse group
    - Training & Retraining available
    - Travel Opportunities available
    - Systematic C2C & B2B Approach
    - Great learning experience for starters
    - Career Advancement Programs available

Cons

If you are not passionate about people or/and have a hard time keeping an open mind to learn or/and controlling your attitude... Then, Revel Marketing is not for you - simply because this company is filled with people with passion, big dreams, and positive attitudes, as well as energetic morning meetings...
    A job at Revel is more than just theories about sales, marketing and advertising - but, it involves life training as well, which involves relationships building, communications, leadership, and character training.

Overall, I would say that Revel Marketing Inc. has the following stepping stones as opportunities to grow:
    - Better Health Benefits
    - More Roadshow Events
    - More travel opportunities

I would say that this is a great marketing agency overall.
    So, I would have it no other way, except many more leaders on board!

I liked the people, I hate the poor management.

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Revel Marketing (Washington) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Fun people to work with
    -Sales experience
    -Travel (possibly some of it paid for)
    -if you exceed sales quotas you can make decent money

Cons

-Horrible pay
    -Misleading job description
    -No benefits
    -No real training beyond sales
    -Lots of travel with little to no notice
    -Make you feel like everything is your responsibility and thus your fault
    -Instructs employees to fill you time cards in a way that is potentially fraudulent
    -Weekly schedules can change on a daily basis
    -Cult mentality
    -High employee turn over
    -No real days off (always required to be at daily meetings)
    -Get in lots of trouble if you are ever anything less than positive

You need better training and to improve the toxic office environment.

Revel Marketing (Washington) Response

Aug 27, 2014Owner

Revel Marketing is appreciative of you positive and negative feedback. We work to provide a positive atmosphere that supports upward growth for all of our team members. We also offer travel ... More