Revel Systems

revelup.com

Revel Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Lisa Falzone

Amazing future potential for real growth

ProsProfessional growth is supported by senior management when aligned with company direction. I feel valued by my manager and senior management. I never have a boring day at work and thrive because I am provided the flexibility to own projects and solve problems! The consistent flow of innovation coming out of engineering is mind blowing. Very good benefits/perks for a small company.

ConsGiven this is a true start up/ small growth company, it is not for everyone. If you function best in a stable, static environment and/or need a very clear directives to work from, you would not be happy at Revel. As with other start ups I have worked at, there aren't many others performing the same function so I can't truly be off-grid for very long.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into adding a 401k plan.

Believe me this company is the next big thing in the startup world

Technical Support (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros170 employees and growing fast,
    work hard but as the song goes "work hard, play hard" is our motto here at Revel.
     I just moved to SF office and I love it here. So much to do in this city and I am grateful that Revel is giving me a chance to succeed in life.
    Cool toys to play with all the time.
    Whole staff on support is always helping one anther and it is great team work here.

ConsRevel POS keeps changing all the time, so it is hard to stay up and up on all of the features.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate more and get more senior management as you are working yourselves to hard. I see the CTO running all over the world and he needs help.

Revel is undervalued like most of the POS industry

Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThis company is worth a lot and the faster people understand that the faster people will realize what the founders are doing. I wonder if any of the bad reviews came from people that got fired? I have a lot of respect for the founders and what they have pulled off is amazing! With square taking a dive in the press Revel is finally coming into the light even more. I noticed the buzz around the office is building into something amazing. People are saying the three letter word a lot more (IPO). In our last company meeting the founders said they are taking Revel to IPO. I believe they will do it to.

ConsOnly lunch Monday, Wednesday Friday, they should have it every day catered.
    Lots of work but I guess I am not here for vacation
    Some times have to work on the weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and keep hiring good people we need them.

Revel Systems CTO Co Founder responded to this review

Jun 11, 2014

You are right about Revel the buzz around the office as Revel is heading to new heights bigger and brighter then before! I hope everyone has their ears wide open since there is a lot going on and ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An Evolving Business

(Current Employee)

Pros- Plenty of challenges. I very rarely have a chance to get bored as I have to switch gears quite often.
    - Fantastic coworkers as I really enjoy working with my team.
    - Good benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, catered food, etc.
    - A product I can talk about without being embarrassed or having to bend on my morals. I really like technology, I truly believe we have a good product that we are still investing in, and we are focusing hard on customer experience. I'm a huge believer in good customer service so I really feel well about our direction.
    - Training for all new hires in the product from a support standpoint. Everyone that works here must know at least the basics of the product.

Cons- Growing pains as we progress from a start-up to a more seasoned company.
    - Some issues with management over time. There have been a couple problems here and there, but this happens as the company grows. I can say that when problems are discovered, solutions are found.
    - We are generally on the low-end to average for salaries, depending on the specific position though benefits and options help mitigate this situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to employees, customers, and the industry direction. While we have had some amazing success, this industry is rapidly evolving and we don't want to be left behind. In addition, continue to invest in our employees. We've really stepped up on the customer support experience and we need to be sure we make a similar investment in our personnel.

Operations

Operations (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsExtremely grateful for getting this position. After working in the banking industry I see what the cool factor in tech is. Unlimited PTO, work from home, stock options, catered meals and health benefits are some of the biggest perks I have experienced so far. Having a super cool manager and coworkers compound that. This is a successful and growing company that allows you to speak out and make decisions on things that are usually made on your behalf in other companies. Also located at a great downtown location. This company is growing at a fast rate with a solid outlook.

ConsWorking in operations I had first hand knowledge of the issues the company was facing, which was that the program was buggy. Within a few short months Revel hired more QA and developers which released consecutive builds within a short time that made this program clean. This group is now building upon the software to include more perks and useful material for the customer.

Working for a new company requires the employee to be really good. The resulting turnover for the sales team was high for awhile due to this. Currently there is a new Sales Manager that is bringing stability by hiring great people and coaching them appropriately which in turn is increasing revenue for the company. Keep it up!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the job environment fun! - Which it is - Giants game on Friday!

Revel Systems CTO Co Founder responded to this review

Jun 11, 2014

We are pleased that we have so humble employees and that you like our unlimited PTO plan and options. At Revel we try to have a great environment where employees can grow and prosper. We are over ... More

Stellar

Operations Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIncredible product with unique angle on market

Unlimited opportunity for increased responsibility and growth

Management is accessible and encourages employees to innovate and create change

ConsThe company has grown faster than certain systems, so there's a lot of work to be done! But that's the reason I love being here. The opportunity to build and create what didn't previously exist.

Revel Systems is a really great company, with friendly and enthusiastic employees.

QA Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Great working environment
    - Flexible schedule
    - Fast growing
    - Stock options available
    - Opportunities to grow professionally
    - Unlimited paid vacation
    - Very prospective company
    - Nice office in SF Downtown

Cons- Basically there is no downsides
    - Expensive parking because of office location
    - Luck of team building (people know each other by departments)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing great. Keep it up!

Great Opportunity

ProsThe opposite of the movie "Office Space": real, hard work with great coworkers.
    Tons of opportunity for growth, I have been able to work on any project that interests me, and senior management takes my ideas seriously.
    So much food! Plus drinks, swag, and everyone gets a macbook air.

ConsTempers (clients and staff) sometimes run high.
    Clear growth plan for the next 1-3 years not communicated to staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your staff to do good work. If they can't be trusted, replace them with someone more professional, even if it costs more, it will be worth it.

Company is amazing and always going to new heights!

Operations (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI've worked for revel for over 6 months and seen it through series B financing. I've seen some bad hires be made and then reversed to the out the right people and I'm really happy with my direct manager and it's really exciting where the company is going.
    Read good things about them and bad, as if you have doubts don't work here as you will get fired for doing bad work. But if you are good Its like a rocket ship and a lot of fun.
    Fun happy hours and full of for the most part dedicated and smart people
    Lots of opportunity to move up if you want to.

ConsSometimes people are put into positions that are beyond their skill level
    They fire everyone that is not a fit in one month and sometimes it is sad to see your new friends get fired but always for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, REVELUP!

Exciting Company

Technical Support (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI work in tech support and it's a pretty cool job with an awesome team. Manager is awesome and so much better than my last position. Really cool startup vibe. You do have to deal with some tough clients though. Love the vision of the company.

ConsLong hours. Some angry calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job with product and execution. Could communicate more often with staff.

Worked for Revel Systems? Contribute to the Community!