Reverse Mortgage Solutions

Updated December 14, 2014
2.4

Reverse Mortgage Solutions CEO Bob Yeary
Bob Yeary

Ground floor opportunity with expanding company

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Reverse Mortgage Solutions full-time

Pros

People, growing business segment, product

Cons

Sales people have to build their business then they see the fruits of their labor. It's a career, not a quick hit and on to the next mortgage company

Keep it up!

Recruiter - Contract position (2 Month Contract)

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Reverse Mortgage Solutions

Pros

Great team, very professional atmosphere. The people are all friendly and will help with any questions you have.

Cons

Limited space for employees, which makes the work place very congested.

The environment could be better if there were more space availability for employees.

Not good.

Former Employee - Title Curative Specialist in South Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Title Curative Specialist in South Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Reverse Mortgage Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company offers decent benefits. It is a sister company of Green Tree. However, you should review Green Tree's reviews to get a more complete overview, since it is run by previous Green Tree management. Great co-workers, knowledgeable Supervisor.

Cons

Little to no actual training. Bonus structure that elevates as soon as you reach it. These bonuses were part of the hire-on motivation, and changed from we're going to give you a certain $ minimum, to being, oops "that was actually the MAXIMUM" after they have you hired. Dishonest, and a very poor way to treat those who work hard for the company (illegal, or just unethical?). Employees are set up to fail. Management claims knowledge, but ultimately is nearly as clueless as the new trainees. Zero organization, yet extreme micromanagement.

Respect the talent you hire, offer relative compensation. Maybe, don't lie to good people.

Good company undergoing a lot of change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Reverse Mortgage Solutions (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of work to do, good opportunity to work on various tasks and projects, enhancement schedule for proprietary systems is frequent and directly from requests made by users, good benefits package

Cons

Company is undergoing transition (growing pains) which is difficult for many employees. Large variance in employee knowledge base and expertise found in many levels of employment.

After showing employees what the company target goals are help employees to understand WHY the company is working towards that goal and emphasize HOW individual employees contribute to the company attaining the goal.

Current employee

I have been working at Reverse Mortgage Solutions full-time

Pros

Work/life balance
    Location
    people
    Laid back at times

Cons

Management is all over the place no one communicates and lots of layoffs

Very disorganized, and high turn over rate.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

I have been working at Reverse Mortgage Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get paid money to work.

Cons

Upper management is very unorganized. Everyone's train of thought is illogical, and management will continue to say they never said something they said prior for direction. Always get what management is advising for procedure changes in writing(email). Coworkers are not helpful, everyone is only worried about themselves. Management is very pro-team work, but it all falls short.

Hire people who actually want to work. When I worked there I constantly saw people just talking to other people at their cubical's for a long period of time.

Give people pay raises where it is deserved.

Stay Away!!!

Former Employee - Software Support Specialist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Software Support Specialist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Reverse Mortgage Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of the employees are down to Earth, and there are times when there are warm sodas in a kitchen cabinet. Those are the only pros I can think of.

Cons

I can only speak for the one department that I worked in, the HERMIT Help Desk. The subject matter is pretty complicated and THE TRAINING IS EXTREMELY POOR!!! The documentation of procedures is even worse!!! And then comes the constant, constant, constant threats and criticism. Nothing but finger pointing and feeble attempts to get people in trouble with upper management all day long. And most of the time they're flat-out wrong!!! That's it! That's all they know! The leadership is the worst I've ever encountered at any company I've ever worked for. Period.

With such a high turnover rate, It really makes a person wonder why the upper management continues to let it go on.

Proper training!!!! Proper documentation!!! Leadership that treats employees with respect!!! All of these things are missing from the HERMIT Help Desk.

Horrible

Former Employee - Applications Support Specialist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Applications Support Specialist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Reverse Mortgage Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This Customer Support department fo which I worked had poor leadership, little access to development team and had no training.

Cons

No structure, training or future

Treat contract to hire personnel with respect and dignity, eliminate those who do not adhere to your posted principles.

Great people, poor pay

I have been working at Reverse Mortgage Solutions

Pros

Great people it's like a family at work, can eventually move up within the company no glass wall. It's a small growing thriving company.

Cons

Terrible pay, management awful, no positive recognition. Required overtime and work some Saturdays.

It would be nice to have positive reinforcement, maybe after tracking how many claims we do correctly and quickly some kind of reward or a type of commission based pay for quality and quantity.

Originate and Process Reverse Mortgages

Current Employee - Reverse Mortgage Originator and Processor in Acworth, GA
    Current Employee - Reverse Mortgage Originator and Processor in Acworth, GA

I have been working at Reverse Mortgage Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy assisting seniors that this program assists. I have a high attention to detail in a very fast paced environment. It involves multi-tasking, extensive knowledge of how the reverse mortgage program works, gathering all information after the broker has approved the reverse mortgage to the senior. The information must be in order with all documents in order to send to the bank and the senior to finalize the reverse mortgage.

Cons

The market is saturated and I do not feel secure in a future career as I am not certain where the Reverse Mortgage is going due to FHA guidelines and the changes that occur at the spur of the moment.

I would suggest that the help desk needs to be more enthusiastic and there should be bonus incentives as this is the first stop of the senior to ensure that they do in fact qualify. The old leads need to be removed as it is a waste of time to continue trying to contact people from 6 months to a year ago and focus on the new leads. Ensure that the help desk is cleaning up the old leads by checking the numbers that are disconnected through yellow pages and if you cannot find additional information on the senior delete the lead as a bad number. It is a complete waste of time for the contractors that are considered dialers to call these numbers when the new numbers are ignored!