Revlon
www.revlon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Revlon Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014
Revlon – Las Piñas – “Revlon cosmetics sm southmall”

Not yet rated.

Lorenzo Delpani

An unprofessional company - simply due to lack of communication skills as cursing and screaming doesn't qualify.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsConvenient office location and that is about the only pro I can assess.

ConsNot a very ethical company to work for...!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake Management 101 course - this may help them lead/manage the company/teams in a more professional format.

would look elsewhere if you want a company that will appreciate your hard work

Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosgreat product and great marketing

Conssenior management detached and unfocused. Very political organization. Don't expect to get ahead based on ability, talent or hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. You are getting rid of the people that were dedicated and have some talent and keeping those that tell you what you want to hear. Revlon used to be well regarded, but that is no longer the case.

Collaboration, more like Isolation

FPA Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Pros- The pay is competitive compared to other similar firms.
    - They try to work to provide employees with a work-life balance.
    - International company with a strong brand.

Cons- Most of the work provided is mundane and repetitive. There is no real innovation at the company. Known to be a status quo company.
    - Employee advancement is ridiculously limited. I met employees who have worked for the company for 35 years are still Senior Analyst and have not been provided the opportunity to move up within the firm.
    - The company has a strategy of working separately and then throwing the separate parts together to create the product. There is not much collaboration between the departments in the company to create more innovative ideas to help grow the company.
    - Honestly, I hear employees spend more time complaining about working for the company than actually doing work for the company. It's the saddest form of productivity ineffectiveness I have ever seen.
    - Management is good at selling the company and its positions, but the pitch is a lot stronger than what they have to actually offer. A company with a brand this strong cant crack the Fortune 1000, there is a reason for that. Not where you want to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementGroom and grow. Stop picking people from other companies that have no idea about your product and strategies. Also pay closer attention to your current employees and reevaluate their effectiveness and cut the fat. Get younger, and innovate. Stop being status quo. Don't believe me look at their financials for the last 5 years, always between 1.0-1.3B

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Revlon needs to and must change their ways they treat the employees.

Machine Operator (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsIt's a job to go for right out of school when you do not have any work experence. But get out when you have a chance.

ConsThere is not any fairness. They dont consider any family matters as important. The pay raises are very, very low. If you get any at all. The benifits are average. It dont pay to be there long term. No room for advancement. Not a good place for some to make a career out of.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up. Listen to your employees. Dont get rid of your valuable employees. You want to try and keep them as long as possible. They are the ones that make your business grow and prosper. To many people in management and not enough workers.

Early experience good, but now all decisions made at very senior level

ProsGood interaction with people, high energy levels and enthusiasm

ConsHigh staff turnover, frantic pace at times, disempowerment

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and engage with your employees to increase your chances of getting stability within the company

Work work work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlat organization, summer and holiday hours, small teams so it is easier to know who people are and what they do.

ConsVery lean organization - there's always too much work to be done and permanently short on people to do it. Work-life balance is heavily weighted towards work. Decision-making only at the top levels (VP and such), the rest is about getting someone else's decision implemented.

Your success depends on who you work for or who you know

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsSalary, benefits, good location, summer Fridays

ConsToo many approvals needed for a decision to be made, a lot of bureaucracy, it's not what you know it's who you know, no career growth opportunities, no discount or perks

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow others a hand in decision making, there is too much dependency on the approval process. Effectively develop a plan for grooming your employees, offer computer training to enhance skills

Long history of decline - hope it's improved since I've left, as they have great brands.

Product Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsBeauty category is a fun space, when you get to spend time on the brand, marketing and new product innovation. There are some great individual people there, if you look.

ConsWhile I was there, it seemed management would always operate with tied hands, answering to majority shareholder who lacks ability to manage the company. We spent too much time on non-value added tasks, nothing to do with marketing, brands, or consumer - e.g. reformatting spreadsheets based on who's in charge that day.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in experienced brand marketers with success running and turning around businesses - and let them do what they do best. Hold on to the best talent by keeping them happy and creating a positive, open culture.

Tough place to work

Marketing Director (Current Employee)

ProsVery smart people, good salary and benefits

ConsLong hours, very egotistical people, lots of politics

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with respect

Ticking Timebomb

New York, NY

ProsSalary and benefits are good.

ConsDisorganized and chaotic to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the top and the rest will correct itself.

Worked for Revlon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Revlon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Revlon CEO Lorenzo Delpani. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by Revlon employees.