Revman

Updated October 26, 2014
Updated October 26, 2014
2.7

CEO

Great experience at a small company

Current Employee - Brand Manager
    Current Employee - Brand Manager

I have been working at Revman

Pros

As a small company Revman gives you a great breadth of opportunities to work on various projects

Cons

Home textiles was and still is a very challenging industry to be in, which made the corporate environment more tense

I worked at Revman

Pros

The office had moved to the 34th street location, before I left. The view was amazing. There are employees that have been with the company for a long time, that were willing to help, wherever needed.

Cons

The ppl- are not trained, over-worked and under appreciated. I was around to watch several ppl be fired, for not being trained. Most of the VP 's and Directors are clueless, they do just enough work to get by. In which leaves other lower level managers to run the company. Every system is manual, it was like working in a 1988 bubble. It is sad, but the truth is, this company promotes an unethical work environment. Without a formal HR department, employees were left to solve their own issues. My exit interview felt like an interrogation. The current "HR Manager" is also company security officer, and LP. Cameras were installed all over the new NY office, so that HR could watch, and often sent emails commenting on behavior documented by the cameras. I could go on, just know this place was awful!

It is important that this company reviews the distribution of workloads, and make corrections. A company with as many employees should have a competent formal HR dept. It is important to show appreciation for the hard working employees. Happy employees, make for a more productive organization.

Work Harder. . .with no appreciation

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Revman

Pros

Great brands - licenses.
    I don't really know what else would be a positive - nice office location with access to Rockefeller?

Cons

Downsizing has left everyone overworked. When details fall through the cracks everyone is quick to blame someone else. I don't think anyone is happy here.

I know the textiles industry offers little opportunity for profit and that puts pressure on everyone, but appreciate people when they work long hours and take on work beyond their job description.