Revolution Capital Group

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
4.4

Robert Loring

I worked as a summer intern this past year

Former Employee - Associate  in  Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Culver City, CA

I worked at Revolution Capital Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The pros of working at RCG include getting unparalleled access to senior management and hands on exposure to the buy side world. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to work closely on a variety of deals throughout the summer and experience the private equity culture and processes.

Cons

The only con I have about RCG is that deal flow was light over summer. Unknown to me before the internship, summer is the slow time of the year for M & A transactions, which is in no way RCG's fault. Lighter deal flow did allow us to focus more heavily on the deals we did bring in.

My advice to management would be to keep allowing transparency in the M&A process and continue to allow for access to senior management. I know I learned a lot by being able to talk directly with senior management about any question I had which really made my experience interning a great one.

Fantastic Work Environment

Former Employee - Private Equity Summer Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Private Equity Summer Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Revolution Capital Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

RCG as a whole has a lot going for them, led by a great work environment that features a friendly company culture as well as a superior work/life balance. Senior management is very accessible and goes out of their way to ensure that even interns have the opportunity to contribute to the success and growth of the company. The firm places a lot of responsibility on interns and enables them to be a part of many stages of the deal process.

Cons

The only downside as a summer intern is that deal flow is typically lighter. This is not a negative reflection upon RCG, rather, the M&A market annually slows down during the summer months.

My only advice to management is to continue focusing on company growth and to maintain the same level of access to senior management as the company undoubtedly becomes larger.

Unparalleled experience and exposure to the private equity

Current Employee - Summer Associate  in  Century City, CA
    Current Employee - Summer Associate in Century City, CA

I have been working at Revolution Capital Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Amazing internship experience. A lot of exposure to everything from lead origination to working on live deals. The firm is very lean and efficient; as such, interns get to see the whole spectrum of a deal and contribute to the discussion. Management and full-time employees are very open to suggestions and new ideas -- as an intern, it is an experience that you do not get elsewhere. If you want lots of responsibility and learn lots of new things, join the team. Revolution Capital is a fast growing private equity firm. It has a lot of potential.

Cons

The work day is quite early and if you pursue the summer program, do realize that summer months are usually slower for the financial services space in general.

Implement a more structured program to allow interns a more holistic summer experience -- eg. workshops and more active inclusion of interns into deal activity.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience

Former Employee - Summer Intern  in  Century City, CA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Century City, CA

I worked at Revolution Capital Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Nice, friendly team
    Allows you to gain great exposure into the M&A industry
    Relaxed, entrepreneurial environment
    Great experience that other employers will appreciate

Cons

The summer internship position is unpaid

Very solid M&A experience

Current Employee - Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Revolution Capital Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collegial atmosphere in a fast-growing firm. Numerous opportunities for responsibility and advancement for promising associates. Associate input on deals and strategy is valued by senior management.

Cons

New associates have to park in an off site parking lot a couple of blocks from the building. The work day starts quite early.

N/A

Great Experience

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Revolution Capital Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with bright individuals who are extremely committed to the success of the company. Solid management team with impressive backgrounds in the industry. Dynamic and friendly company culture where you are trusted with a wide range of responsibilities. Lots of room for growth for those who stand out and perform.

Cons

Entrepreneurial firm so Associates are required to be very flexible

Focus on building your core talent

boring

I worked at Revolution Capital Group

Pros

nice building to work in, nice office space. flexible hours but it was because I was unpaid. atmosphere was pretty laid back

Cons

no opportunity to get paid or the pay would be extremely low. commute from Pasadena was about 1 hour each way.

Be more willing to pay your interns that have worked there for 3 months. Teach more to interns that actually show some promise

Worked for Revolution Capital Group? Contribute to the Community!