Reward Gateway

Updated November 13, 2014
4.5

Reward Gateway CEO Glenn Elliott
Glenn Elliott

Pros
  • With flexible working hours Reward Gateway really care about your lifestyle outside of the office (in 13 reviews)

• We love coming to work and will work hard to maintain that (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It's very fast paced and you need to have the drive to really make it in Asperity (in 4 reviews)

• Thanks to the great people here i build myself like a person and develop a lot, so i'm really grateful to everyone and to Reward Gateway of course (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

My experience so far at Asperity has been top-notch, and I'm excited for what lies ahead

I have been working at Reward Gateway

Pros

-Great career advancement
    -Inspiring and approachable CEO, with a lot of heart and passion
    -Friendly, warm leaders and staff
    -Passion is in the air
    -Excellent culture - rooted in transparency, integrity, hard work, innovation, and fun
    -Nimble workforce, bureaucracy really doesn't exist at Asperity
    -Belief in technology - we all have Mac's and are encouraged to try new software
    -Ownership in responsibilities - employees have high expectations placed on them, and really take ownership and run with it.
    -Employees can be autonomous in their roles - help is always here, but there's no micro-managing
    -Great ongoing training and new employee orientation
    -Receptive to new ideas and input, always
    -A belief in always striving for the best is in Asperity's DNA - in everything we do, we look for better ways of doing it
    -No ego's - friendly, humble, and happy to help out
    -Strong internal communications - despite being global, it's obvious that Asperity leadership has placed great priority on making sure all employees stay up to date on what's going on across offices and stay connected. We use FaceTime, video conferencing, our in-house TV program, and our quarterly business update, which is recorded at our HQ and shared across our international offices

Cons

-Because we move so fast, clarity on what we should be focusing on is often unclear
    -Growing pains of a company expanding rapidly and scaling internationally do exist, however they are quickly addressed
    -The workforce is quite young, which can sometimes feel too relaxed and exclusionary
    -No drinks provided at the office, other than soda, and no snacks are provided
    -Sometimes offices outside of London are not taken into account when making a decision or building a process
    -No formal training on our competitors and how we stand out in the landscape

Think globally, and keep communications strong.

Sep 17, 2013Group People Director

Hi Thanks for posting. I'm really pleased that you are loving your job so much. I'm assuming you're not in London or Sydney - contact me directly with your ideas around your "cons" and we'll see ... More

Great Company, Great Career Opportunity, Great Time!

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time

Pros

An established business, great program and a culture that allows you to develop while having a great time. Avoids all the corporate "smoke and mirrors" and what you see is exactly what you get. The management genuinely cares about your progress and success. From one-on-one interaction with the CEO to working directly with the account managers you never question where you stand or what direction the company is going. And it is going on to GREAT things.

Cons

Tough market because completely challenges what the perceived value of a discount program is within the United States. If you want to succeed - you need to put in the hard work to do so. (weak con - but that is pretty much it)

Keep doing what you are doing - stay transparent. This company is going to continue to grow fast and success is going to come quickly. Don't let it change the awesome culture!

Sep 17, 2013Group People Director

Hey Thanks for taking the time to post on Glassdoor. I'm glad you're enjoying your new role and appreciate our real open and honest culture. Love the fact you love it too!

Tracy

Not your average 9-5. It's a challenge, but I love working here!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities, including international secondments
    Employee Share Scheme
    Encouraged to develop and given the support to do so
    The people are great - really fun, young team. We work hard, play hard! Everyone is very ambitious and really wants to succeed.
    One of a kind CEO - very inspiring.

Cons

Internal communications have been a problem in the past but we've put lots of measures in place to make this better now. We're definitely getting there!

Keep being open and honest

Sep 17, 2013Group People Director

Thanks for posting to the outside world!! Communication across 3 continents will always be a challenge - we just all need to be flexible and make the effort to reach out - and respond! You do a ... More

Fast paced work for a world class company; for people who want to be proud of what they are part of!

Current Employee - National Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity
    Asperity has a proven success in the UK and Australia and is now in the US. It is such an exciting time for us as a company and for any employee who is part of this.

Management/ Leadership
    The management and leadership are inspiring, ambitious and hard working. This drip feeds into the whole company and a culture has been born. There is a tendency to give employees a large amount of freedom with their work - you are expected to rise to the challenge but support is always there. There is an Asperity way of doing things - innovative, honest and always moving forward. This is something that comes straight from the leadership through their conduct and communication.

Culture
    Asperity is work hard, play hard. We love coming to work and will work hard to maintain that. Despite freedom to grow as an individual professionally, we work as a team. We are small at the moment so everyone gets involved when needed. At Asperity people come first.

Product
    We sell, manage, maintain and grow a world class product. It is refreshing to be a part of this and to make your mark as, wherever in the company you work, feedback is consistently asked for and taken on board.

Cons

Asperity is growing rapidly; the future is unclear in terms of expansion and job opportunities. All we know is that it is going to be positive and it is going to be big! Lots of people would not see this as a con but it means you need to be dynamic, adaptable and passionate - willing to take on new responsibilities and think for yourself a large majority of the time. For me this is actually a pro but it is not for everyone and it is something to bear in mind.

And sometimes we run out of Diet Coke!!

Stay open in your communications and plans for the business. We've got an exciting time ahead.

Also - buy more Diet Coke :).

Mar 17, 2013Group People Director

Thanks for your feedback - I believe there's diet coke, homemade beer and lots of sweeties there now?!
    Tracy

I love working for RG - always learning, surrounded by amazing people, a unique culture & inspirational leaders

Current Employee - Employee Engagement Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Employee Engagement Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

From my very first day, I have always felt that I am apart of something extremely exciting at RG. We are an ambitious business with high expectations, so getting your hands dirty and pulling your weight has to be your DNA. In return, not only will you be apart of a fantastic global company which provides awesome benefits & rewards, but more importantly your going get invaluable experience, that will help you develop personally & your business skills quicker than anywhere else. I have been lucky enough to have great experience in both Sales & Service roles however projects outside of my day to day like our Induction process for new starters & being apart of the Culture team have been as rewarding.

There is a lot of change in the business but that's what keep things fresh and exciting. I love what I do and I love the journey I am on, to me that is the most important thing - You will be thrown into the deep end, but you will be swimming without armbands in no time

Cons

It is extremely fast paced environment and there is a lot to take in, it can be a bit overwhelming. Be assured you will get the right support however be prepared to absorb, learn and be challenged to the best you want to be

Make sure we keep practising what we preach & keep building on a solid support network for employees to express themselves - I feel like people keep their opinions to themselves as there not confident to speak up, which does not help make this business even better

This is how work should be

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Open Culture allows you to express your individuality,
    Values to relate to and be proud of,
    Inspiring Leadership,
    Relevant Benefits,
    Support & Development.
    Compensation

Cons

Flexible working varied for specific roles. Additional time devoted to cause can go unnoticed.

Keep doing the fantastic work in leading by example in how to create a highly engaging workforce!

Best place I've ever worked - a really exciting ride!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Super dynamic culture and very stretching. The opportunity to develop is as good as you make it. There's a really wide range of benefits covering just about everything you can think of. RG has a good social scene and is a fun place to work. This is a fast growth company that's really going places.

Cons

It's fast paced so so if you don't like a constant challenge you won't like RG

Keep moving as fast as we do but let us land some of our new products with our clients. Don't change the can do culture.

So rewarding to work with amazing people at an awesome company!

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- The people. They make Reward Gateway the awesome company that it is.
    - So many ideas that place it beyond it's competitors.
    - Lots of support. Training is unique to each individual.

Cons

- Very fast paced with lots of change. But that is what drives me - it makes us all more developed individuals.

The inspirational culture starts from the top so you want to achieve great things for the business.

Current Employee - Consultancy in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultancy in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Creativity sweats from the pores of Reward Gateway. I've learned more in 6 months than my last few years at my previous employer and now feel excited that I am growing every day. You are encouraged to take risks for the sake of innovation and improvement which keeps you at the top of your game. Training and support is constant and staff and management are actively encouraged to create and own this themselves. The constantly evolving/improving product and our global presence means this business has exciting times ahead.

Cons

The amount you need to learn about the sector and our product can be a little overwhelming to new starters. We can be spinning several plates at the same time which again can be difficult so If you aren't ready to be properly challenged don't board this train.

It is important that RG's vision and goals for the next 4-5 years gives as many current staff as possible the impetus to stay with Reward Gateway after the next investment.

A fantastic journey with a fantastic CEO. Hopefully many more years to come.

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is open, honest and trustworthy. With flexible working hours Reward Gateway really care about your lifestyle outside of the office. There are many all company events held on a quarterly basis and office get togethers happens at least 2 or 3 times a month. The people make this organisation a great place to work and you really don't dread coming into work everyday like I'm sure a majority of people do.

Cons

Challenging environment which means you really do have to work hard but the rewards are sweet. Being a fast growing organisation you also need to be able to accept change, adapt and speak up when needed.