Reward Gateway

Reward Gateway Reviews

Updated Feb 24, 2014

Reward Gateway CEO Glen Elliott

Glen Elliott

My experience so far at Asperity has been top-notch, and I'm excited for what lies ahead

I have been working at Reward Gateway

Pros-Great career advancement
-Inspiring and approachable CEO, with a lot of heart and passion
-Friendly, warm leaders and staff
-Passion is in the air
-Excellent culture - rooted in transparency, integrity, hard work, innovation, and fun
-Nimble workforce, bureaucracy really doesn't exist at Asperity
-Belief in technology - we all have Mac's and are encouraged to try new software
-Ownership in responsibilities - employees have high expectations placed on them, and really take ownership and run with it.
-Employees can be autonomous in their roles - help is always here, but there's no micro-managing
-Great ongoing training and new employee orientation
-Receptive to new ideas and input, always
-A belief in always striving for the best is in Asperity's DNA - in everything we do, we look for better ways of doing it
-No ego's - friendly, humble, and happy to help out
-Strong internal communications - despite being global, it's obvious that Asperity leadership has placed great priority on making sure all employees stay up to date on what's going on across offices and stay connected. We use FaceTime, video conferencing, our in-house TV program, and our quarterly business update, which is recorded at our HQ and shared across our international offices

Cons-Because we move so fast, clarity on what we should be focusing on is often unclear
-Growing pains of a company expanding rapidly and scaling internationally do exist, however they are quickly addressed
-The workforce is quite young, which can sometimes feel too relaxed and exclusionary
-No drinks provided at the office, other than soda, and no snacks are provided
-Sometimes offices outside of London are not taken into account when making a decision or building a process
-No formal training on our competitors and how we stand out in the landscape

Advice to Senior ManagementThink globally, and keep communications strong.

Sep 17, 2013

Hi Thanks for posting. I'm really pleased that you are loving your job so much. I'm assuming you're not in London or Sydney - contact me directly with your ideas around your "cons" and we'll see ... More

Great Company, Great Career Opportunity, Great Time!

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time

ProsAn established business, great program and a culture that allows you to develop while having a great time. Avoids all the corporate "smoke and mirrors" and what you see is exactly what you get. The management genuinely cares about your progress and success. From one-on-one interaction with the CEO to working directly with the account managers you never question where you stand or what direction the company is going. And it is going on to GREAT things.

ConsTough market because completely challenges what the perceived value of a discount program is within the United States. If you want to succeed - you need to put in the hard work to do so. (weak con - but that is pretty much it)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing - stay transparent. This company is going to continue to grow fast and success is going to come quickly. Don't let it change the awesome culture!

Sep 17, 2013

Hey Thanks for taking the time to post on Glassdoor. I'm glad you're enjoying your new role and appreciate our real open and honest culture. Love the fact you love it too!

Tracy

Not your average 9-5. It's a challenge, but I love working here!

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat career opportunities, including international secondments
Employee Share Scheme
Encouraged to develop and given the support to do so
The people are great - really fun, young team. We work hard, play hard! Everyone is very ambitious and really wants to succeed.
One of a kind CEO - very inspiring.

ConsInternal communications have been a problem in the past but we've put lots of measures in place to make this better now. We're definitely getting there!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being open and honest

Sep 17, 2013

Thanks for posting to the outside world!! Communication across 3 continents will always be a challenge - we just all need to be flexible and make the effort to reach out - and respond! You do a ... More

Fast paced work for a world class company; for people who want to be proud of what they are part of!

National Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity
Asperity has a proven success in the UK and Australia and is now in the US. It is such an exciting time for us as a company and for any employee who is part of this.

Management/ Leadership
The management and leadership are inspiring, ambitious and hard working. This drip feeds into the whole company and a culture has been born. There is a tendency to give employees a large amount of freedom with their work - you are expected to rise to the challenge but support is always there. There is an Asperity way of doing things - innovative, honest and always moving forward. This is something that comes straight from the leadership through their conduct and communication.

Culture
Asperity is work hard, play hard. We love coming to work and will work hard to maintain that. Despite freedom to grow as an individual professionally, we work as a team. We are small at the moment so everyone gets involved when needed. At Asperity people come first.

Product
We sell, manage, maintain and grow a world class product. It is refreshing to be a part of this and to make your mark as, wherever in the company you work, feedback is consistently asked for and taken on board.

ConsAsperity is growing rapidly; the future is unclear in terms of expansion and job opportunities. All we know is that it is going to be positive and it is going to be big! Lots of people would not see this as a con but it means you need to be dynamic, adaptable and passionate - willing to take on new responsibilities and think for yourself a large majority of the time. For me this is actually a pro but it is not for everyone and it is something to bear in mind.

And sometimes we run out of Diet Coke!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStay open in your communications and plans for the business. We've got an exciting time ahead.

Also - buy more Diet Coke :).

Mar 17, 2013

Thanks for your feedback - I believe there's diet coke, homemade beer and lots of sweeties there now?!

Could be Promise

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Reward Gateway full-time for more than a year

ProsVery Team and employee focused.

ConsWaste to much money on pointless materials and self appearance. Should focus more on actually delivering what there product claims to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Luck

Great company, but emotionally draining

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time

Pros- great opportunities, if you're willing to invest in your own development
- fantastic colleagues and atmosphere
- 'go get it' culture
- leadership team are excellent
- flat (ish) management structure - you can make a real change
- good ideas are (largely) welcome

Cons- emotionally draining - highs and lows come thick and fast
- feeling of unease due to high turnover
- internal politics can get old, fast
- we're all shareholders, so it's important we're up front with those who don't share our vision
- gossiping can be really negative
- poor starting salaries at all levels. we all want to be and be surrounded by the best of the best. ultimately, culture only counts for so much. we all have a price, no matter how much we would be devastated to leave. this is Central London. Come on chaps, I know this is about the 500th time someone has said this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going with the new direction. Things are really looking up right now, and we are all really happy. Let's keep building on it! Also, cut the cr*p - if things aren't going so well, just say it. Those of us who want to see this company grow and grow will still be there for the bAd times, fighting even harder to turn things around. Just be honest.

Asperity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Reward Gateway full-time for more than a year

Pros- fun
- great people
- interesting experience

Cons- a bit unstructured
- no room to move up

Oct 2, 2013

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. Sorry that you thought there was no room to move up - lots of people have grown and progressed in our young company. I hope you've found ... More

Fast-paced and rewarding

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company has a fantastic culture that encourages innovation and initiative. I've worked on a massive variety of projects as well as more than a handful of job titles!

We've also hired some of the most fantastic people I've ever worked with and so much of the experience I've gained is through those people.

It's come up in a lot of reviews, but it's genuinely true, you make real life-long friends when you work here, as cheesy as that sounds, it makes ALL the difference when you're working in such a crazy and fast-paced environment.

I'm proud to say I work at Asperity and have confidence that we will continue to go from strength to strength.

ConsIt is relentlessly busy and things move at the speed of light. If you're looking for a simple 9-5pm, this isn't the place for you.

If you thrive on working for a global market leading company and are prepared to work hard, then it's the perfect place!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't know something, or you are a new manager, talk it through with a peer or Senior Manager.

Jul 31, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time out of your "relentlessly busy" day to do it :-D Keep on having your ear to the ground so we can ensure this remains a fantastic ... More

What a journey, don't think I will find another place like this again..

Business Development Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time for more than a year

ProsAsperity has been a fantastic place to work, I look back on the last two years and I know I would not have got the same experience and guidance from another company in four years.
The structure is very flat and everyone has an open door policy. Its a very young company but the knowledge and forward thinking is infectious and a great place to share ideas and get involved with other areas. Very sad to go, some great friends will be missed.

ConsThe pay at Asperity is not as good as it maybe els where but there are many aspects that will reward instead of just ££££££££.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep the same open door policy and support as the business grow and grows.

Sep 17, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post. Rest assured we will always have an open door and we will always take the time to listen.

Tracy

In a world where most companies consider you numbers, this one treats you as people.

BDM (Current Employee)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent CEO with great human qualities.
Exceptional staff both in a social and professional sense
Development is second to none. Unbelievable training.
Nice shiny Mac books and other technology
Insights training shows Asperity are prepared to think outside the box.
Family environment
Progressive approach and leadership style
Breakfast's, soft drinks, Benefits (you'd hope so, right) are all brilliant extras
Social events through the year, all paid for.
In the employee discount market, Asperity are comparative to Apple. There is no Samsung. Great product, superb after sales and support, crap competition. The best business in this sector

ConsAlmost all staff could command higher pay at other firms
From helpdesk to senior sales; it's a hard, hard job.
A young firm that expects remarkable results, requires a lot of effort to achieve them. It's like working on a trading floor at times.
The path to progression is not always too clear
They are owned by a private equity firm. The chairman seems a sensible and great guy, but Private Equity firms are only interested in the short term and its all about profit. Planning is often done with a JIT type model.
Full fat coke went out the window due to Asperity's health considerations. Noble; but I love those little red cans (is that a con?)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose focus on the ethical qualities and progressive stance that got Asperity here in the first place. Otherwise; clients and staff both know its a great company. The hardest thing is keeping it that way.

Sep 17, 2013

Thanks for your comments. To be sure, we'll keep on doing things right and doing the right things - innovation is high on our priority list - just behind our ethical stance on everything. Tracy

Worked for Reward Gateway? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reward Gateway reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reward Gateway CEO Glen Elliott. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Reward Gateway employees.