Rewards Network Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014
Updated August 24, 2014

1.9

Peter C.B. Bynoe

Pros
  • flexible schedule, can work from home (in 9 reviews)

• My direct manager gave me great flexibility in work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge disconnect between senior management and other employees (in 8 reviews)

• It is an extremely quite place, feels as if no one really wants to speak out in fear of being laid off (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

It's not a Bad Place to work

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time

Pros

Great if you are up for a challenge. Lots of changes but you could be in on something good. Have faith and move forward

Cons

Negative people who need to move on but don't.

Get rid of the negative leaders and employees. While you are trying to move the company forward they just want to keep it down.

Excited about the direction the company is headed.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time

Pros

Throughout the years I’ve worked for this company I can honestly say this is the most excited I’ve ever been. There seems to be a positive vibe among the sales force and the company has shown the ability to be innovative and think outside the box.

Cons

There have been times in the past where I was concerned with the direction the company was headed but I can confidently say those areas have been improved upon and the future looks bright.

Manager needs to pick up a book on how to manage.

I have been working at Rewards Network

Pros

8-5 schedule, free lunch and close to home, cool co-workers. Access to stores and restaurants within the building.

Cons

Manager shows favortism, doesn't follow the company wide rules! Doesn't have our back. Low morale on our team. Nobody likes her but afraid to speak up in our meetings to let her know how we really feel. It's really sad to see other departments leaving early on certain days and we our still at work. Other managers actually care about their teams and its evident! Our manager sucks and could careless about us!!!!

Learn to be fair, stop treating us like we our your kids at home, we all know our job let us do it. Stop micro-managing us. Loosening up it's ok to bend the rules if you take a look around other managers are liked by their team because they care about them!!!

Rewards Network Response

Aug 18, 2014Rewards Network Representative

Thank you for taking the time to offer your views. I am pleased that you enjoy the general office environment, and I share your feelings about cool coworkers and great perks.

If you’ve been with
    ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Welcoming company

I worked at Rewards Network full-time

Pros

Looking to grow but seems to be looking in the wrong direction

Cons

Not broad in ideas of expanding the company. Employees resign or get laid off without notice. There is no employee commitment.

Embarrassing

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Rewards Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Senior management responding to negative posts on this site. That's awesome it makes me feel like they really are connected to their employees

Cons

Senior management responding to negative posts on this site because they absolutely have no connection to their team. Our sales VP's and managers used to care about us as people, and were committed to our success. Therefore, it allowed them to ask a lot of us and we felt obligated to deliver, and we did. Oh yeah, and the members and their benefit levels are a joke!

Keep wasting your time responding to Negative posts and ignore talking to your current employee base. I got tired of it and left, and those that remain are only waiting to do the same or wish they were in position to leave.

The Beatings will continue till morale improves

I worked at Rewards Network

Pros

None anymore since loss of diners in airlines

Cons

Product has no significance in the marketplace . Rewards are minimized and new members are not enrolling.

Sell the company to someone who understands the new economy and will help restaurants

Appreicate the response on Glassdoor from management

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic co-workers accross departments. Dining benefits and an atmosphere that I think senior management is trying to make relaxed. A love of my actual job. I enjoy it and always have and wish to grow it and make it and the company a better place.

Cons

PTO and incompetant management. I recieved a response to my earlier post which I very much appreicated. The problem is I think there is still a disconnect between employees and management. We are not on the same page. Please do not count holidays as part of my PTO package. If you are at a company that does not provide holidays you are working in N Korea. When I speak to my PTO I only wish to speak to my vacation and sick time. It is not enough and never has been. The last time I had this bad of a PTO package was 30 years ago. Also the fact that you have to earn it to take it is ridiculous. Just give everyone the time and stop nickel and diming us. You just end up carrying over at the end of the year whether you want to or not.

As for speaking to upper management regarding my manager. I have had co-workers do so. The are either no longer with the company or were wrote up. Sorry but it's true. It doesn't exactly make one feel comfortable. Frankly I'm not clear why management does not know that someone is unfit for their position. Why they are unpreparded, disorganized and most of all not moving their team in the right direction.

Give people real time off. Compare the days off in the PTO package (not holidays etc) to an entire work year and tell me that is a "work life balance". Don't make it "earned" PTO just give it. Open your eyes and become more involved with your teams. We have people who are just coasting by in management trying to stay under the radar. We cannot move forward with that type of leadership.

Be honest with us and yourselves. I know the senior management is new but you have to understand our past experiences and when we day complaining means you will pay a price we mean it. I wish I could trust everyone but I can't.

Think of Rewards Network as hospice care ... for your career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time

Pros

You get paid bi-weekly and the check doesn't bounce.
    The location just outside of the Loop is great and it is convenient to all transit options - CTA, L, Metra, and nearby parking.
    There are plenty of nearby food options.
    Work-life balance is comparable to other companies. You work 8a-5p.

Cons

The review title sums it up well enough. This is a place where you send your career to die. That is exactly what it will do with Rewards Network - die. The opportunity to grow with this company is not an option. Look elsewhere if you want to work where you can grow your career. PTO accrual is dismal, vacation and sick pay are all rolled into one bank of hours. You can either get sick or take a vacation. Choose wisely because you're only likely to get one of those choices. Closed door meetings are common in this place. Cross-functional teams do not exist here. You are placed in a silo with your own team. Career development and training are very lacking. The on-boarding process is a disaster. This is a Sales driven company that treats their sales people poorly by bogging them down with paperwork, processes, and reports. The product the company sells was great for the industry when the company first launched 30 years ago. The product has become outdated and stagnant. There are other competitors in the marketplace that are doing a better job with product innovation. The handbook and policies are very open to interpretation and very loosely worded. Manager discretion is law of the land. Turnover is through the roof in all levels of the company. Most of the Directors and all but one of the C-Level have been with the company for less than two years. Work from home days are not allowed for the office workforce. You better love being in a cubicle all day.

Replace the front door with a revolving door. Turn one of the conference rooms into a morgue for everyone's career. Turn the mother's room into a mourning room where one can mourn the death of their career.

Disgusted Workforce

Current Employee - Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A few good people that believe in treating coworkers like humans. You sure wont get it from managment.

Cons

Horrible department management and above incourages it. And dont bother to call Hr unless you want to make things worse for your self. I have been with RN for years and have watched it turn from a great productive place where evil people were not allowed to occupy much needed space for the truley productive. And the company flourished. Now its nothing more than a sweat shop where the company culture is manipulation and intimidation! How.s that working for you?

Sell, you have micro managed when you should be throwing a hail mary

Rewards Network Response

Aug 18, 2014Rewards Network Representative

John Leen (Chief Sales Officer) here. Late last year I joined this company for the potential of a greater future driven by talented, hard-working, high-integrity people.

Needless to say, I am
    ... More

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Newark, NJ

I worked at Rewards Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Get to work from home
    immediate commission first 3 months
    Benefits
    Going to Boston and Chicago for training was fun.

Cons

Micro Micro Micro Management.
    My manager sat on salesforce all day monitoring our calls and critiquing each email I sent out and kept telling me how he was a "top gold-round-table salesperson at his previous job" and kept telling me every day "when life gives you lemons you make lemonade" and every other god awful sales cliche there is.
    I worked from 6am-8:30 pm and on weekends and still it wasn't enough for management
    Expect insane amount of pressure until you burn out and quit or fired.
    I was told to relocate into a new territory even though I could have easily worked under another division near my home.
    If you need a job take it for the first three months then shag tail out of there!
    One of the worst companies I've ever worked for.

work at nurturing your talent instead of demoralizing everyone to quit.
    find something else to do during the day then sitting on salesforce all day micro managing.
    perhaps read a book during the day, Management for Dummies?

Worked for Rewards Network? Contribute to the Community!