Rewards Network

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014
1.8

Peter C.B. Bynoe

Pros
  • flexible schedule, can work from home (in 9 reviews)

• My direct manager gave me great flexibility in work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge disconnect between senior management and other employees (in 8 reviews)

• It is an extremely quite place, feels as if no one really wants to speak out in fear of being laid off (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Couldn't be happier!!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love this company! It is disheartening to see others have had negative experiences because I could not be happier. I am an experienced Account Executive and, believe me, I know what a negative sales environment is! Rewards Network has been the best professional experience of my 20yr sales career. My manager is positive and encouraging, not tolerating any of the underhanded tactics that can sometimes stain a sales environment. She has created an atmosphere of cooperation and peer support, but it goes way beyond that. It is apparent that her attitude reflects that of upper management. I have had more than one opportunity to speak with and discuss proactive ideas with top level executives at RN and have felt listened to! Beyond that, I experienced a personal tragedy shortly after I was hired and the way that my manager and RN treated me was so compassionate that they have truly earned my loyalty. I can't speak for everyone, but I couldn't ask for a better experience!!

Cons

I have yet to find one!

I have been impressed with your level of down to earth communication, keep it up!

It's not a Bad Place to work

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time

Pros

Great if you are up for a challenge. Lots of changes but you could be in on something good. Have faith and move forward

Cons

Negative people who need to move on but don't.

Get rid of the negative leaders and employees. While you are trying to move the company forward they just want to keep it down.

Manager needs to pick up a book on how to manage.

I have been working at Rewards Network

Pros

8-5 schedule, free lunch and close to home, cool co-workers. Access to stores and restaurants within the building.

Cons

Manager shows favortism, doesn't follow the company wide rules! Doesn't have our back. Low morale on our team. Nobody likes her but afraid to speak up in our meetings to let her know how we really feel. It's really sad to see other departments leaving early on certain days and we our still at work. Other managers actually care about their teams and its evident! Our manager sucks and could careless about us!!!!

Learn to be fair, stop treating us like we our your kids at home, we all know our job let us do it. Stop micro-managing us. Loosening up it's ok to bend the rules if you take a look around other managers are liked by their team because they care about them!!!

Rewards Network Response

Aug 18, 2014Rewards Network Representative

Thank you for taking the time to offer your views. I am pleased that you enjoy the general office environment, and I share your feelings about cool coworkers and great perks.

If you’ve been with
    ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sinking Ship, Absolutely Terrible Sales Management

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycheck until a better opportunity is found, discount at partner restaurants, flexible schedule and great counterpart colleagues in the field (not management).

Cons

Under compensated vs. industry, absolutely terrible micro management style and a revolving door turn over of sales staff due to poor management in all areas of the country.

Long time employee getting ready to leave RN (have seen enough!!!). You need to learn to treat employees with respect and compensate them accordingly in order to keep them. You need to invest and be loyal to your employees in order to maintain the relationships and prevent us from leaving (STOP pinching pennies). Don't allow employees to be "written up" if they simply have a bad month (if they are making long term plan, back off and try to help instead of discipline them). We are not kids here. Get rid of RSM's that micromanage employees (think Mid-Atlantic region as the example here). Stop treating us like we are 10 years old as we are not children. We know how to sell better than anyone else around. It is likely too late for RN, but honesty here is the best policy as the revolving door is out of control. Voicing these concerns to Sr. Management / HR in a "non" anonymous fashion is a death wish to anyone's career at Rewards Network.

Lack of innovation is the #1 contributor to problems

I worked at Rewards Network full-time

Pros

Location. Cash back on paycheck. 9-5.

Cons

I've realized that the bad culture all stems from the lack of innovation and technology. This company fell behind and is so far back I can't see how it can catch up to the competition let alone truly take market share. The investment and lift required is an impossible task to compete. Consumers have much easier loyalty programs to participate in. Customers don't want to register credit cards when they have easy to use phone apps.

This leads to the stressful environment where sales isn't supported with a product that restaurants want or need. The culture does not support fast moving, game changing

The only way to innovate would be to aquire young agile innovative startups. There is no possiblity of innovating the current platform to meet market demand.

No opportunity for growth, poor compensation and benefits package

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rewards Network full-time

Pros

- Convenient location in the West Loop
    - Depending on the team, possibility of flexible schedule and working from home
    - Employee discounts at program restaurants

Cons

- Below average salaries
    - No clear career track and opportunity for growth, thus extremely high employee turnover
    - Poor benefits package, no sick days and PTO has to be earned, no bonuses
    - Team work and communication was not facilitated. There wasn't a single team meeting during my time at RN, thus marketing strategies and projects were never communicated, team had no clear direction
    - A lot of favoritism in marketing

Employee morale is very low due to poor communication and low compensation.

This is a sinking ship.

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

The support staff is nice but underpaid and I've met some great friends.

Cons

- They are not advancing technologically with the times
    - The products we are trying to sell are no longer appealing to restauranteurs.
    - Very seldom do I meet someone in the general public that is familiar with our program.
    - Management is overall a joke.
    - Quite honestly I feel like the company is trying to position themselves appealing to sell
    - The internal staff is grossly underpaid
    - The outside sales staff generally speaking doesn't quite know his they're paid which is pretty de motivation.

- Change the pay structure to make it more incentivizing to the sales force
    - ride along with the reps
    Get rid of some of the ridiculous closed door policy

Embarrassing

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Rewards Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Senior management responding to negative posts on this site. That's awesome it makes me feel like they really are connected to their employees

Cons

Senior management responding to negative posts on this site because they absolutely have no connection to their team. Our sales VP's and managers used to care about us as people, and were committed to our success. Therefore, it allowed them to ask a lot of us and we felt obligated to deliver, and we did. Oh yeah, and the members and their benefit levels are a joke!

Keep wasting your time responding to Negative posts and ignore talking to your current employee base. I got tired of it and left, and those that remain are only waiting to do the same or wish they were in position to leave.

Excited about the direction the company is headed.

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time

Pros

Throughout the years I’ve worked for this company I can honestly say this is the most excited I’ve ever been. There seems to be a positive vibe among the sales force and the company has shown the ability to be innovative and think outside the box.

Cons

There have been times in the past where I was concerned with the direction the company was headed but I can confidently say those areas have been improved upon and the future looks bright.

Appreicate the response on Glassdoor from management

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic co-workers accross departments. Dining benefits and an atmosphere that I think senior management is trying to make relaxed. A love of my actual job. I enjoy it and always have and wish to grow it and make it and the company a better place.

Cons

PTO and incompetant management. I recieved a response to my earlier post which I very much appreicated. The problem is I think there is still a disconnect between employees and management. We are not on the same page. Please do not count holidays as part of my PTO package. If you are at a company that does not provide holidays you are working in N Korea. When I speak to my PTO I only wish to speak to my vacation and sick time. It is not enough and never has been. The last time I had this bad of a PTO package was 30 years ago. Also the fact that you have to earn it to take it is ridiculous. Just give everyone the time and stop nickel and diming us. You just end up carrying over at the end of the year whether you want to or not.

As for speaking to upper management regarding my manager. I have had co-workers do so. The are either no longer with the company or were wrote up. Sorry but it's true. It doesn't exactly make one feel comfortable. Frankly I'm not clear why management does not know that someone is unfit for their position. Why they are unpreparded, disorganized and most of all not moving their team in the right direction.

Give people real time off. Compare the days off in the PTO package (not holidays etc) to an entire work year and tell me that is a "work life balance". Don't make it "earned" PTO just give it. Open your eyes and become more involved with your teams. We have people who are just coasting by in management trying to stay under the radar. We cannot move forward with that type of leadership.

Be honest with us and yourselves. I know the senior management is new but you have to understand our past experiences and when we day complaining means you will pay a price we mean it. I wish I could trust everyone but I can't.

Worked for Rewards Network? Contribute to the Community!