Rex Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rex Energy Chairman and Interim President and CEO Lance T. Shaner

Lance T. Shaner

I gained valuable experience being an intern at Rex.

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Cranberry, PA

ProsCompany is growing fast and is very excited about it. CEO is very friendly and since the company is small I was able to interact with upper management. Relaxed environment especially at the Cranberry township office. Great people.

ConsNot great pay for an internship. Program needs working on like gaining a mentor system.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they are taking risk and making good decisions. No advice I can think of.

It was OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood earning potential in the industry. Some of the guys there were pretty good guys. Good location to work at. I liked the Cranberry location.

ConsNot the best people to work with. Didn't like the culture. A lot of people there come off as gun nuts, and very conservative. Little to no diversity within the company

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify

Frustrating

Geologist (Former Employee) Bridgeport, IL

ProsI gained the experience needed to move on to a better company that would allow my career to grow

ConsI was told upon hire that there would be "growth opportunities" After uprooting my family to live in a back water part of the country, I quickly realized there were really no prospects for career advancement at Rex.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some people that actually know the oil and gas business. Pay your technical staff competitive wages, they are after all the people that allow an oil and gas company to be profitable.

Worked for Rex Energy? Contribute to the Community!