Rex Healthcare

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014
3.9

David W. Strong

Overall happy with Rex and enjoy working for them.

Current Employee - Certified Surgical Technologist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Certified Surgical Technologist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Rex Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They offer some on the job training for advancement and personal growth. Management is great to work for and have open door policies.

Cons

Some challenges of working here are staffing, or slack of staff, micromanagement, as well as a very strict time off/sick day policy that proves challenging with children.

Consider revising time-off/sick day policies.

Great Family to work life benefits

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Rex Healthcare full-time

Pros

Salary is good, upper management is very good. Work/Life ratio is great

Cons

More Physician driven, a lot of confusion since aligning with University

Listen to current employees about environment change

Healthcare with a heart

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Rex Healthcare as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

What makes Rex a great environment is the people who work there. Even with my intern status, I was still greeted by staff with warm and welcoming smiles and felt comfortable spending much of my summer vacation at the hospital. If ever I needed the healthcare services that Rex provides, I would feel completely comfortable in choosing them on the patient level as well.

Cons

At the intern level, I didn't really experience any negatives while working at Rex. Everyone in my department was willing to help me learn and expand my skills.

Thank you for trusting your interns with important projects and learning opportunities.

Perfectly positioned to take on the next generation in Healthcare

I have been working at Rex Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership meetings quarterly allow everyone access to internal networking. There is open communication and the expectation of excellent care for anyone that enters.

Cons

Rapid expansion has negatively impacted the culture of this long-time community hospital. Benefit package is excellent but salary is not competitive

As REX moves into the next era of healthcare, remember those who helped you get there. Consider changing benefit structure to increase actual pay.

Rex Healthcare is a great place to work at.

I have been working at Rex Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very flexible with work schedule, great benefits. Pay is competitive.

Cons

Parking is the biggest problem with Rex. Visitors as well as employees are stuck with little to no spaces available.

Keep doing what you are doing, and Rex will continue to be a great place to work.

It's Not Bad

I have been working at Rex Healthcare

Pros

Rex is overall a great place to work. It is family friendly and leaders try to make decisions that are in the best interest if employees and the community.

Cons

As with any job, you have to make sure you have a good leader and good peers. This can very from department to department but overall is pretty good. Sometimes there's a tendency to put in experienced leaders in positions before they are ready.

Nursing Assistant: Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Rex Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working for Rex Healthcare for six years now. The benefits are great. The overall atmosphere at Rex is laid back and friendly. I actually enjoy coming to work most days. Overall, this is a great place to work.

Cons

The biggest challenge thus far is working with so many different people. At times it can be overwhelming to try to fit in with such a diverse crowd. My manager at times seems as if she does not know what is going on within the organization. I feel as if the units are so unorganized. We all need to be on the same page and know exactly what to expect in every situation. When I have a question about getting a task complete, I should not have to ask five different people in order to get an answer. There should be someone or a notebook that explains what should be done or how to handle the situation.

I feel that all of the upper managers should work on becoming more knowledgeable especially now when we are doing so much changing throughout the organization. There is a lack of continuity throughout and people who do not have degrees should get treated with more respect. At times, people with a degree tend to look down on those who do not have one. We are all people. Respect should be shown to everyone no matter what their situation. The biggest piece of advice would have to be for the managers to step up and help to improve their units. Let's get organized.

I enjoyed my time at Rex Healthcare

Former Employee - Information Technology in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Rex Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was with Rex Healthcare for just under 14 years. During my time there I got to see how Rex not only dealt with their patients, but with their employees... compassion. Rex for the most part feels like a 'family'. There are many employees that have been with Rex for well over 20 years. One of my users just celebrated her 45 year anniversary.

Cons

While Rex can seem like a 'family' type of environment, it is slowly growing toward the 'corporate' feel. While I do feel a business has to make decisions *for* the business... it should not disregard what these decisions will do to their employees. Making enterprise-wide decisions without thinking of the effect on employees reduces employee morale and increases turnover.

As Rex promotes 'work / life' balance, it should remember 'corporate / employee' balance. It is its employees that HELP it to have a successful bottom line.

Great Company

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Rex Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very supportive of staff, they listen to staff and implement changes based on staff feedback. You feel like part of the team rather than a cog in a big wheel.

Cons

Cannot think of cons, it really is a great place to work!

Keep up the great work!

Compliance Analyst

I worked at Rex Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary great manager. It too much administrative overhead in the way. Flexibility in hours and choice. On your own for much of the learning process.

Cons

Needed more oversight by management in te way of what trainer was doing. Inconsistent guidelies applied within based on opinion. Needed standard operating procedure in reports and guidelines applied throughout department.