Rexnord

Updated February 26, 2015
Updated February 26, 2015
2.2

Todd A. Adams

Pros
  • People working here are extremely hard working, friendly, and very helpful (in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits, shop employees are good people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • A reasonable work/life balance is unattainable by seemingly everyone (in 5 reviews)

• upper management is clueless and they have no idea what goes on in their company (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

I love working my trade

I have been working at Rexnord

Pros

Great work environment, the ability to work overtime but not pressured.

Cons

When passed up on overtime, and favoritism

Try to create team moral

I have worked for Rexnor d for 36 years, bearing-26 years, One third of shop worker are good people and hard works

I have been working at Rexnord full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not a bad place to work. good pay, clean safe place work. If your a good worker and good at your job, easy place to work.

Cons

95 % of the management last then 5 years on this job, We make less parts per hour, that is not the quality we made before. We will be closed in 5 more years at this rate. GO COLTS

Stop changing spec. And changing masters to fit out of tolerances parts.

traveling throughout the United States allowed me the opportunity to see many aspects of the manufacturing industry.

I worked at Rexnord full-time

Pros

was able to manage my own time as to sale's / service.

Cons

some upper level management were not involved in team progress. Some individuals were most interested in selling new product instead of balancing customer needs.

Extremely stressful work environment where hard work for unnoticed.

Former Employee - Cell Specialiat II in Grafton, WI
    Former Employee - Cell Specialiat II in Grafton, WI

I worked at Rexnord

Pros

Rexnord does have a decent in-house training program.

Cons

Very poor scheduling by production planners causing way too many setups, leading to poor uptime, and in turn making the environment extremely stressful to the point where it is unhealthy. There are a lot of lazy people at Rexnord, especially those in lead positions, who pawn their work off on regular techs, but still get the credit for doing the work. Almost every shift for hammered with many setups, often multiple setups on a single press, and finding help from coworkers in different cells was pretty much nonexistent.

Take a very close look at which techs are actually carrying the majority of the workload (I mean PHYSICALLY look, not from a nightly log handed in by each tech) and reward them. Way too much credit is given to the lead techs/journeymen for getting things done, for all they do is avoid any physical work and sit in front of a computer the entire shift.

Accounts Payable

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rexnord part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The management is very qualified, approachable, and willing to make everyday processes run smoothly. There are very resourceful people with experience that are willing to help out inexperienced workers.

Cons

Communication between departments can be repetitive at times. Training was less than expected. I had to figure out the best way to get responses from people in different areas of the company on my own.

Rexnord is a great company HR needs work

Former Contractor - Human Resources Coordinator in Wheeling, IL
    Former Contractor - Human Resources Coordinator in Wheeling, IL

I worked at Rexnord as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Rexnord can be a light hearted company with great focus on a few key areas like team events, salary, office culture, work-life balance, benefits

Cons

Rexnord would do well to improve in a few areas like its training program, leadership and talent selection, employee recognition, promotions, favoritism

BAD

Current Employee - Office in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Office in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rexnord full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None. This is the worse Place

Cons

No respect for employees. No advancement

You should all be ashamed

If you are happy doing the same thing for a long time, this is the place for you.

I have been working at Rexnord full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent pay (golden handcuffs). Premium product value. If you do your job well, there is job security. This is a company that makes fact based decisions.

Cons

If you have aspirations of career growth, this is not the place. there is limited opportunities of gaining skills in other areas in order to do different jobs than what you were hired in to do. You have work at your career growth as you do at your daytime job.

Not everyone wants to move up or around the organizations. Identify those who do and groom them to move around proactively instead of that talent leaving making another organizations better. Develop a formal career path or at least encourage employees to work with a HR representative and their supervisor chart a career path.

Very laid back company, overall good experience.

Current Intern - Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Intern - Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Rexnord as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very good work environment for engineers. Most everybody is easy to get along with. Nobody will demand an overwhelming amount of work.

Cons

Corporate demands overrule logical thinking. Large disconnect between office and union personnel. Starting engineer salary not very high.

Work with the union to create a better relationship. Management has no idea what actually happens on the shop floor, yet makes decisions to dictate working conditions

The biggest circus in town

Current Employee - Machinist in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Machinist in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Rexnord full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits if that is what you are looking for, but don't expect anything more.

Cons

Terrible work environment due to constant flux and shortage of employees. Folks leaving the place in droves. Management has no darn clue about what it is doing. Too many senseless rules made up by HR. Cannot make or deliver the product on time and quality sucks. Constant turmoil at work place. The reputation has become so toxic that we cannot hire good people on the floor.

You cannot become a great company if you have sad and unhappy employees. Total associate engagment...my foot!

Rexnord Photos