Rexnord
www.rexnord.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Rexnord Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014
Rexnord – Thāne – “India”

Todd A. Adams

Good Job

I have been working at Rexnord

ProsEasy going bosses to work for. Most employees will help you when you ask questions. Very flexible scheduling.

ConsOld building and equipment. Many items and machines need updated. Art deco styling in the front office area.

Just a number

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rexnord full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood Benefits, vacation, 401k, working environment. picnics

ConsEver changing management biased towards women

Great Place to Learn

Programmer (Former Employee)

I worked at Rexnord full-time for more than a year

ProsLearned a lot from some talented people.

ConsThey have a bad reputation for bringing people on contract to hire and going way past the contract date. It was like pulling teeth trying to see if they were going to hire me or not. I ended up leaving after I worked twice my contract length with no answer on future plans of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe truthful to your contractors that you want to bring on. If you don't want to hire them just call it a contract job not contract to hire.

Stay Away, do not go to work there.

I have been working at Rexnord full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery little if any... maybe salaries but only way to attract people because of huge turn over and bad reputation. I was told by two recruiters that they will send NO ONE THERE due to past issues... that says a lot.

ConsCondescending managers that do not care for their people, only about looking good and moving up. Complaints to HR about terrible managers/directors go no where except against the complainer as its about the buddy system there.
  Back stabbing at every corner by most managers to protect their area and keep their jobs. Overall they do not care about people at all. If business slows out you go even though you did a great job for them.
 Overall, lack of a vision, a mission, a purpose for doing business besides making a buck!!

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house on VP's. Also revamp HR from front to back!!

Overall Terrible Fit & Experience

Planner (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rexnord full-time for less than a year

ProsLarger Company, Falk was part of Rexnord

ConsLittle to no Lean (Rexnord Business System), Falk operates pretty independent from Rexnord, did not see benefits of Rexnord as a whole, Job misrepresented at hiring, little / poor training

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront about a position- what the responsibilities will be and expectations, take the time to train your employees and ensure being trained by a qualified person.

Lack of leadership, personal accountability and honesty

IT Support (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rexnord as a contractor for less than a year

ProsNon management staff are nice people.

ConsThey interview you for a non-existing roles and bring you on for a different job. Teams do not not have leadership and they treat you like an outsider until you are employed. When an issue happens they come at you accusing until you prove yourself to them. When challenging old processes the team cuts your idea down. You will be strung along until they do not need you anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example and treat everyone the same. Get out of the high school mindset.

Culture will not change

Manager (Current Employee)
Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Rexnord full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent pay and benefits, and a lot of hard working friendly people to work with.

ConsUnder staff, constantly looking to hire people on key positions (managerial), no traction on business operations. Salary people mandated to do assembly work, totally out of scope on peoples' job descriptions.

Advice to Senior Managementno use, they already know the problems and they won't change.

Great potential, clouded by senior management inability to communicate with the associates actually performing the job.

Regional Sales (Former Employee)
New Orleans, LA

I worked at Rexnord full-time for more than a year

ProsThe manufacturing Complex in New Berlin.

ConsMgmt Communication, Mgmt Communication, Mgmt Communication

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication

Not a good employment experience

Buyer/Planner (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rexnord full-time for less than a year

ProsReasonably well respected manufacturer, diversified product line. Some very capable employees at the "associate" level.

ConsIt seemed that there was a constant influx of new people. A few very long term employees, many recent hires that will either be let go, or leave for another job on their own. This company does not seem to value employee retention. Very focused on short term financial results. Seemed like a lot of "fire fighting", a lack of resources to devote to long term sustainable improvement. Deliberately understaffed, too lean. Management by fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the importance of your employees to the long term success of the organization.

Machinist

Machinist (Current Employee)
Mars, PA

I have been working at Rexnord full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benefits, shop employees are good people!

ConsLean manufacturing does not work for customers! Management has no respect for people,you are just a number,high turn over in management , management has no idea how to run a busness!

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's to late to earn the trust of the shop people,stop lying to associates!

Worked for Rexnord? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rexnord reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rexnord CEO Todd A. Adams. All 49 reviews posted anonymously by Rexnord employees.