Reyes Holdings

Add Photos

Chris Reyes

Disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsGood benefits. Big company with a nice small company feel to it. Lots of events and socializing at corporate office.

ConsTalent is not recognized. Managers are threatened by talented employees with new ideas. No advancement opportunities unless you are friends with the right people. There is so much potential to be a great place to work but ended up being a big disappointment.

Reyes Holdings 11th largest U.S. private company. Solid company always growing. Model for beer distributorship industry.

Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsHave improved employee awareness, health, work-life balance. Handsome earnings, solid benefits, vacation, 401K are all there. Just follow the program in place and be a good employee.

ConsHigh expectations for performance. It's a busy, non-stop industry that requires dedication, learning and diligence. Coworkers can seem disjointed when changes are made and not all work. It's a learning process.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep supporting and nurturing your employees that are dedicated. They are hard working, family-oriented and doing their best.

Premium Distributors

ProsGreat perks such as game tickets and concerts with clients
    Customer interaction

ConsNo work/like balance for all employees
    Little training for new employees

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate employees
    Make the compensation equivalent to the amount of work your employees do

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Believe the negative reviews as the positive reviews are written by HR (notice no in between reviews)

Manager of People (Current Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsThe pro is that there are other jobs out there and working at Reyes will make you appreciate working anywhere else. That is a pro because a company like Reyes is good for teaching people how to be successful by ignoring anything they teach you there.

ConsCompany needs to oversell itself to attract talent and therefore manufactures fake titles to entice prospective employees. For example a manager at Reyes is equal to a clerk at a real company. They will tell you about the on site bar 6 times during the interview process because at the end of the day that's the only perk. 401k is the worst I have seen in my career. Health insurance is only affordable if you are skinny and healthy (and they test you for that).

Company pays horribly and there is a boys club and unless you knew the brothers before they were billionaires you will never get into the clique no matter how talented you are. The overwhelming theme is the family surrounds themselves with people who only say yes and if you have integrity and are willing to speak up you will be walked out the door.

The culture is the worst I have seen in my 25 years in the workplace. They require business professional dress code but pay you enough to be lucky to afford dry cleaning.

They have one strategy, that is to grow at any cost. They won't slow down to build a solid foundation for growth. They waste money on skyboxes but won't spend a cent on employee development.

HR is absolutely horrible. There are senior managers who learn to manage from podcasts and I wish this site existed when I started at Reyes. Their turnover rate is the highest I've ever seen and it's because they don't respect their employees. I've seen the most talented people I've ever know walked out the door because they had better ideas then their bosses. Everyone walks around in fear. Think long and hard about accepting an offer from this company as it will be the biggest mistake of your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people, stop lying to employees and just because your rich doesn't mean you are elite.

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsLarge privately owned company that values it employees and customer relationships; strong ownership; talented management; willingness to invest in new technologies; professional work place

ConsLimited management positions made personal growth opportunities hard to come by; advancement from within was difficult; did not have an established program for developing quality personnel

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop talent from within

Solid company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood benefits, awesome perks (great company parties, etc.), and they pay well compared to other companies

ConsWould have liked to see a few more opportunities to advance

Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStaff is very hard working

ConsHandshake is not worth anything there

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to your word

Top Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company really appreciates it's employees and demonstrates accordingly.

ConsLong hours, extremely corporate. But that's a pro and con!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on trucking

FL Distributing Co. - The worst professional experience in my 29 years of employment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHonestly cannot think of any...oh yes I actually can....the best part about this job is the day they let me go.

ConsBeing that I had no experience coming into this job, I asked in my interview about what kind of training I would receive for the position , I was told I would receive "extensive" training and in my position I would not be given my own route until management thought I was ready AND until I too thought I was ready. For more than one month my initial duties and responsibilities in the job description did not match up with the job description I read when I first applied. I felt more than anything in my position that I was learning more on my own than getting the "extensive" training that I was told about. I don't know...maybe I misunderstood the management's idea of the word, 'extensive'. I was supposed to be trained on sales in the beverage industry, but for more than a month the concentration was on merchandising as they couldn't keep their own merchandisers from walking off the job...just quitting right on the spot. I was overloaded with work and expected to learn it in a very short period of time... and though I understood how people walked off the job I never did...I hung in there and took my punches thinking it would lead to better things...like most jobs do when you put in your share of hard work. The account managers with whom I worked were completely stressed out and overloaded with work on their routes...and I'm talking about veterans with more than 10 years. At least 95% of the businesses that received service from FL Distributing, from the smallest independent convenience stores to the largest scale supermarkets were not even close to satisfied with the service provided. And they never once hesitated to let me know. I was embarrassed to represent this company after hearing so much dissatisfaction. I truly put my heart and soul into this job, waking up at 4:30 AM every day and working 10-12 hrs at the sacrifice of my health and time with my family. After 4 months, I was terminated from this company; 3 weeks after receiving a corrective action for my speed to finish a route on time and showing NOTHING BUT improvement over the ensuing 3 weeks. They let me go anyway. Additionally, I didn't get my electronic ordering device until after a month of being there and after 4 months on the job I never DID get any work shirts representing the company...I bought and wore all my own the entire time I was there. It doesn't matter at all now...but for any of you thinking about working for FL Distributing you best beware....ask as many questions as you can before you say yes to a job there...and document every day of your work. I wish I had done the latter. The turnover at the top of this company was clearly a result of poor management decisions...in my opinion the writing was on the wall anyway for me to find other employment. Unfortunately I was let go before I could put in my two weeks notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresent corporate mentality of doing more with less is killing this country. It will eventually catch up with us if we don't do something about it. Employees who are good employees are being overworked, stressed to the max, and people are quitting or being let go because of it. This is no way to strike balance between professional and personal life. Also, you'd better focus a little more on your poor poor customer service....a direct result of the aforementioned.

Great Job

Warehouse (Current Employee) Manassas, VA

ProsGood pay and benefits free Healthcare after 3 years plus free life insurance.

ConsNo complaints about working in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Reyes Holdings? Contribute to the Community!