Reynolds American Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
5.0
Susan M. Cameron

Pros
  • Great benefits, Good starting pay, and for the most part great team members (in 34 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits, but don't think it's long term (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • There is almost zero work/ life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Watch your back, senior management in information management have a problem with communicating the truth (in 14 reviews)

1. Sr Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Training and Development of employees is highly regarded. Competitive Salaries and Benefits. Challenging work. Collaboration and Engagement is expected and rewarded. Diversity in Leadership and the workforce.

Cons

Organization gets pretty flat above Sr Manager...so beyond that level opportunities are limited. Tobacco industry stigma can affect some workers at times when speaking with family/friends...although its about responsible adult choices and providing the best products in the industry which RAI is continuing to do.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop career paths that reward all levels. Perhaps more developmental roles in key positions so we don't lose intellectual property as our workforce ages out.

AWESOME JOB - MUCH BETTER OUTSIDE OF SALT LAKE CITY!!

Current Employee - Territory Manager I in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Territory Manager I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free car, free gas, free insurance, good pay, $9k bonus! Total pay almost $50k w/free car. I am still fairly new but highly recommend staying OUTSIDE OF SALT LAKE CITY! From what I hear this company is awesome, but my manager = not so good; indecisive; try's to micro-manage but fails; if you get the opportunity, take it! Short days, take it easy, just be seen at every visit :)

Cons

Simply the roll of the dice and whether you end up with an awesome manager like some that I have heard about; or a not so awesome manager (i.e. SLC, UT = entirely incapable of leading)!

Advice to Management

Time for some changes in the Salt Lake City Area. Account Management & Division Management! Highly recommended as I believe the two managers collude against employees (my peers feel the same way)!

3. Rj Reynolds

Pros

Car and bonus plus computer

Cons

Promotion based on manager liking you

Advice to Management

Be nicer

Excellent Company to Work For

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American (More than 10 years)

Pros

Training is top notch, resources needed to accomplish the goals always available.

Cons

There are no relevant cons you would not find anybody else to work.

6. Director

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love the people, great benefits and salary. The organization thrives on promoting within and provides strong robust training to help your advancement

Cons

Learning how to balance work and everyday life

7. Amazing Company

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As long as you work hard and stay focused on the overall goals you will be rewarded. Company fully invests in talent and those willing to work hard.

Cons

Very competitive environment, you have to wait your turn in some instances where there is a surplus of talent and limited openings at the next level

Advice to Management

Create mid-level positions or offer projects to those looking to elevate there skill set to ease the burden of wait time.

8. Incredible Company

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, extensive training

Cons

must be mobile to move up in the company

Advice to Management

none

Fantastic Company to work for

Current Employee - Territory Manager II in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is excellent for entry-level (new-hires get $43,000 base pay plus performance based annual bonus, very nice company car and free gas, company matching 401k, reimbursements for cell-phone and internet). The company invests heavily into the training and development of skills in their employees. The skills they want you to use may seem pointless due to the incompetence of the people you deal with on a day to day basis at the Territory Manager position, but they are preparing you for the next level when you are in control of large accounts of 20+ stores. I have seen some comments that there is no advancement opportunities or you must "play the corporate game" in order to be promoted, simply not true. You have to be personable and apply the skills that they spend so much money teaching you, welcome to real-life. Flexible with work hours and you plan your own week. 17 days paid vacation upon hire and free to use them whenever you want (no black-out dates). Job security is great. Very laid back culture with the company and they know how to have fun, work hard-play hard culture.

Cons

Work can become monotonous after you get your territory in order. Dealing with employees of convenience stores is not the most prestigious job, but again, you must use "people" skills to get what you need.

Advice to Management

Do not move new-hires across the country, try to keep them more local to their home cities, even regional relocations would be better.

Awesome experiences and opportunities have been provided to me

Current Employee - Director in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am allowed to do my work without constant oversight. I have the opportunity to help other employees

Cons

Work-life balance is very challenging!

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and provide opportunites to high performing employees.

11. It does not get better than RJR!

Current Employee - Trade Marketing
    Current Employee - Trade Marketing

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

competitive salary, great benefits, 401k match, company vehicle, work hard / play hard, certification, critical selling skills - The list goes on

Cons

Nothing I can think of other than IT issues, as the database runs very slow Promotions are a lot less as of late due to little turnover - Actually a positive

Advice to Management

Continue driving the coaching culture

RSS Feed </> Embed