Reynolds and Reynolds

Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Reynolds and Reynolds Chairman & CEO Bob Brockman

Bob Brockman

Pros
  • They had a range of entry level positions available that they were recruiting for that peaked my interest(in 30 reviews)

• It always surprised me how so many good people ended up working for such terrible leadership(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not allow for managers to give recommendation letters(in 41 reviews)

• There is absolutely no room for advancement(in 12 reviews)

Reynolds and Reynolds has proven to be a stable, reliable employer in the up and down automotive marketplace.

ProsThe leadership team has many years of automotive retail experience. When the company commits to doing something - they do it right.

ConsHelp out with the soaring cost of health care.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an environment where employees feel empowered.

Reynolds and Reynolds Corporate Communications responded to this review

Jun 12, 2014

We do have wellness discounts available as part of our competitive benefits package to help out with those rising healthcare costs. Thank you for your feedback!

Good for gaining experience

Network Technician (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits, after work programs are nice.

ConsThey hire people who are not qualified to work IT sometimes. Hard to advance quickly...

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the IT department try to focus more on skills and background for advancement. Too often employees are moved up based on time.

Don't believe all the negatives

ProsGreat leadership, great training, great benefits, clean and organized work environment.

ConsThe only cons I can say is the job is underpaid compared to others like it. And if you want anything with sugar in it, you're out of luck. Also you can't use tobacco products and work here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Everything there is pretty much negative. I think that everyone I talked to there was unhappy with there job.

Network Technician (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThey hire a lot of young people that do a lot of activities. Other than that, its not a good experience.

ConsIt's a really cheap company, and they pay under what the average is. You have to jump through a lot of hoops.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe business plan i'm sure is to hire young employees and pay them below the norm until they find a job elsewhere.

An okay place if need a job

Software Developer (Former Employee) College Station, TX

ProsWell the pay is good you start off above minimum pay $9.50

ConsVery hard to move up if part time, they don't like to make you fulltime. They say that they love to upgrade within, not 100% true.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more to full timers, move people up like you say you will do. Don't say someone that is working there is not qualified for a job if they want to switch departments.

Great for new hires

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey were very focused on new hire training, development and retention which was great for us newbies!

ConsUnfortunately, the focus on new hires, who were often college grads with little experience, really discouraged the people who had worked there for a long time.

RUN AWAY. Don't waist your time or resume space you are in for a miserable experience.

Reynolds Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) Kettering, OH

ProsMy Co-workers on the call center floor were very supportive
    There are several Onsite restaurants (even though they are only open during hours that are beneficial to day shift)
    onsite banking

ConsYour training will vary. If you come in with a large group you will get group training from a supervisor. If you come in when only a couple people are hired in together you get one on one training but it is from one of your co-workers and information you receive during that kind of training is never the same as other training.
    Management always focuses on what you did wrong and there is no recognition for anything done right.
    If you ask for additional training because you didn't understand something, management thinks you are stupid and will look for ways to get you to quit (like changing your shift.)
    At least one new person will start each week and there are only between 38-42 positions in this department so turnover is huge.
    There are several people in this department who have been there long before the take over (7 years or more) but then there is no one who has been there between 2-6 years. Most employees have been there less than 2 years and the only reason they are still there is because they want a career in IT development and this job really doesn't have any prerequisites.
    Hours of operation are 6am-11pm M-F and 8am-6pm on Sat. Your shift changes based on business needs each year. So if you have a second job or go to school Reynolds will not work around your schedule.
    There are NO RAISES!!! I spoke to 31 of the 38 solutions specialists and none of them have received raises since the take over 7+ years ago.
    If you do move up in the company during the first 2 years it is a lateral promotion (no raise) even though you are doing more work. If management likes the work you do you will be forced to take a lateral promotion or you will be let go. The only way to get a promotion with a raise is to become one of the 3 supervisors.
    You will be told during the interview process that you can change departments within the company but in this department you are strongly discouraged to reach out to another department (probably because they cannot keep anyone in this department)
    This position is not a way to get your foot in the door. It would only be a decent starting point if you want to go to another company in the IT field.
    One of the supervisors has an issue with women and discriminates. However if you bring this to management they don't do anything about it, but encourage you to quit if you are not happy. If you take it to upper management you will get nothing but a company response of "We back all of our supervisors". There is no HR department so if you have an issue or severe complaint you have to go through the government and file a claim with the labor board.
    Each supervisor has their own rules and you have to follow those rules based on who is the supervisor during your shift.
    Benefits are terrible. You get 2 plans to chose from. A high deductible where you pay about 100 a month for a family of 4 and have to pay all of your medical expenses and prescriptions out of your pocket until you reach 6000 for the year. Or you can take the low deductible and pay 387 a month for a family of 4 but sill pay out of pocket for all medical expenses and prescriptions until you reach 2000 for the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace value on your employees. Let them speak freely so they feel like they can come to you when there is an issue so it can be resolved. Employees are afraid to speak up for fear of losing their job or having their shift changed. Don't force employees to take lateral promotions. At the very least employees who meet expectations should get a cost of living raise.

I think their reputation speaks for itself...

ProsIf you are a college student needing a flexible job schedule for school or you have little experience in the job world, you won't be happy with this company.

ConsUpper management seems to care more about what they are doing when they aren't working. Middle management cares more about how to join upper management than work. Social circles are the only way to advance in their system. Benefits...eh.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit worrying about the next trip to Vail or the next time you're going to Cabo or whereever you're going this year and start trying to improve things at the middle and lower levels.

Great people crippled by bureaucracy

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are the biggest pro for Reynolds, save most every executive and a few upper management people. I worked with the smartest, most talented, generous, and fun sales people. It always surprised me how so many good people ended up working for such terrible leadership.

Sales pay is great if you hit your bonus, otherwise its a ton of thankless, redundant, paperwork heavy crap for little reward. Its like the company does its best to keep you from selling with how anal they can be with paperwork.

Fantastic training.

ConsUpper management cares more about bottom line than anything else - customer satisfaction, industry goodwill, employee happiness. As long as its profitable, all else be damned. UCS history seems to be repeating itself...

Advice to Senior ManagementThings have changed since you carried the bag. There are more competitors than ever and all are inferior, but they make up for it by doing what we won't/can't. Reynolds has the best product hands down, but you still have to be easy to do business with. We aren't. Be the best, make them want to do business with us, properly support them and we can charge the most. Currently we are only one of those.

Employed there for over 10 years and the last 6 were the worst experience of my life

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no "pro's" for this company

ConsThe pay changes several times throughout the year, product is never quite as good as portrayed to be, upper management strong I front of employees but shrinking violets in front of customers

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave the company or at least sell the company to a responsible corporation

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!