Reynolds and Reynolds

Reynolds and Reynolds Chairman & CEO Bob Brockman

Bob Brockman

70 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsWorking full time and willing to work overtime

ConsDon't have any at this time

Advice to Senior Managementopen for discussion

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good starting place if you have no experience. Don't expect to be paid like your peers.

IT Technician (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsVery efficient business, so it will be there for the long haul. Very young workforce, so tons of socializing opportunities, like minded colleagues. Overall good people, met a lot of great people working there. Promote from within (because they won't pay what experienced people want), but it usually leads to very competent teams until they leave.

ConsMonetary compensation way below average. Decisions driven by cost above all else. Move to proprietary systems limits any IT professionals' future career.

Don't stay past 3 years

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThe people, the sports, the raises if you work hard for the first few years.

ConsYou don't learn many marketable skills, micro managed, the owner, every year after the first 3 puts you at a disadvantage of finding another job that's not lower entry level pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost management is under the same micro management that workers are under. The whole work environment appears to be a free fun place but you eventually learn that everything is geared towards micro managing everything you do. They treat you ok for about 3 years and then just lie to keep you around until your pay is above other companies entry level positions. You are left with no marketable skills so you would have find a low level position and take a pay cut to leave.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accounting Internship

Accounting Intern (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsStaff was very helpful in educating about process and procedures. There is a real opportunity to get involved with current projects that may require some skill rather than having to do menial tasks the whole summer.

ConsThe work environment is not conducive to success or aspirations.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more interest for employee well-being.

people are nice, pay sucks

Application Developer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prospeople are nice, good starting out company

Conspay sucks really really sucks

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

Amazing people and products, extensive training program

Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsExcellent people to work with. Long but very good training program. Almost all promotions are from within.

ConsMost promotion opportunities are in Houston or Dayton (where their offices are), so if you work in the field you'll eventually have to decide if you want to relocate or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore remote or virtual positions would help retain good people that can't relocate.

Great Entry-Level Job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsReynolds hired me right out of college, and it was a great entry-level job. They have a very robust training program for new hires that focuses on the company's products as well as general professional skills. The training I received provided me with a great foundation that I will appreciate for the rest of my career. My management was very smart, capable, and reasonable. They promote based on merit, not politics, so the best people really do rise to the top.

ConsThe pay is below average, and the company in general runs on a pretty tight budget. This may result in higher gross profit for the company, but the employees suffer as result. Most folks stay around for 2-3 years to get experience and then leave because they know they can make a whole lot more money elsewhere. Also, it can be very hard to move up--opportunities for promotions are few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementI realize you keep salaries low to keep costs down, but I feel like a lot of money is lost in the process because you hire so many people, train them, and then they leave shortly after they become profitable. If you paid people more, they would stay around longer and you would not have to be constantly hiring new people. It would also boost morale and company loyalty if folks felt more that they were being taken care of by the company.

Gimmicks up front, fail to meet expectations once hired.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGood benefits, nice people, sometimes offers decent packages depending on your job

ConsAwful management, Very little chance of advancement, "Mentors" are not willing to work with trainees, Management will be quick to shut you down for one mistake, Put you on blast every week for little mistakes, ridiculous one year training program that consists of flying to Ohio for one week every two months, Do not tell you what is expected from the beginning and expect you to understand everything about the business immediately

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to work with your teams, not above them.

Entry Level Company

Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsReynolds and Reynolds is a good company to head to right after college. They hire entry level and you can get into a field that is not a part of your degree program if you pass the test they give you.

ConsThey do not pay well at Reynolds and Reynolds. Expect to make lower than market rate. You are also micromanaged. It is basically like time sheets there.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what is necessary to retain good talent.

Once Acclimated...Its not so bad... At least as a Software Consultant.

Software Implementation Consultant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsCorporate Card. Free Cell Phone. Company Laptop. Travel Miles. Frequent Hotel Stay Points. Rental Car points. Flexible in office work hours. Decent Management team.

ConsEXTENSIVE TRAVEL. Distinct difference in today's working environment (cultural shock).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the penny pinching and relax the rules.

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reynolds and Reynolds reviews and ratings in Houston, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reynolds and Reynolds CEO Bob Brockman. All 70 reviews posted anonymously by Reynolds and Reynolds employees.