Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated September 27, 2014
2.9

Reynolds and Reynolds Chairman & CEO Bob Brockman
Bob Brockman

Pros
  • Several entry-level opportunities with on-the-job training (in 31 reviews)

• It always surprised me how so many good people ended up working for such terrible leadership (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not allow for managers to give recommendation letters (in 42 reviews)

• Not much room for advancement, from what I could tell (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

78 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Naked Lime Marketing Analyst

Former Employee - Naked Lime Marketing Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Naked Lime Marketing Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time

Pros

- Great People
    - Promotes from within
    - Affordable benefits

Cons

- Low pay, even for entry level positions
    - High turnover, leads to sometimes lacking mentoring relationships
    - No smoking policy - obviously related to the affordable benefits

Weird "recruiting process" all the way around... a disrespectful waste of time

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

Nice building. Strange that a place that does advertising campaigns for dealerships doesn't have any examples in their lobby.

Cons

They ran ads for a GRAPHIC DESIGNER. I filled out the on-line application. The contacted me, put me through an hour on-line intelligence test for the better part of an hour, then a second one at their establishment. Nothing in their testing had anything to do with any of the applications or typical problems encountered in this arena... non-sequitur.
    I have close to 30 years of experience in all areas of graphics for printing and web.
    I saw lots of people with their portfolios with them. There was no interviewing taking place. It came off like some kind of oddball NSA experiment. I sincerely doubt they had any jobs.

You are wasting a lot of people's time and good will.

Intern Ship

Former Employee - Customer Training Professional in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Training Professional in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I learned a lot with this internship. The management staff are welcoming and they know how to guide their employees to success.

Cons

I have no cons to say about this company

Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working full time and willing to work overtime

Cons

Don't have any at this time

open for discussion

Overall a great company to work for although each department varies greatly.

Current Employee - Reynolds Solutions Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Reynolds Solutions Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Great benefits - medical, dental, 401k, etc.
    -Not highly stressful or demanding

Cons

-Vacation policy is subpar at best. Only 10 paid days for the first 5 calendar years of employment.

Wonderful

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Software Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Traveling the country and experiencing different workplace environment.

Cons

You would have to put in 80 hour work weeks from time to time. This could be draining.

Show more value in the workers

Naked Lime Marketing-Owned by Reynolds and Reynolds

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only good thing about working here are the fellow coworkers and the cookies in the lunch room. Everyone here collectively agrees that this place sucks the life out of you, and makes you wish you were hit by a bus instead of going to work.

Cons

Training is a joke - all classes and no hands on training, then they throw 50-80 accounts at you unannounced and expect you to be perfect at doing your job. The pay is nothing so you're broke all the time, the benefits are fluffed up, supervisors treat you like children, and yes, they only promote from within, but I wouldn't advise anyone to stay here long enough for that to happen. There aren't even any freakin' windows in the Naked Lime office!! It was previously a warehouse, so you walk in and are immediately depressed. How a person stays sane here I have no idea. Also, for a company that specializes in technology (for car dealerships) their own programs are the most ineffective tools ever and constantly cause problems. It got to the point where we attempted to warn new trainees about how awful it truly was. In conclusion, if you'd like to spend every day in a meaningless, soul sucking job that makes you want to cry under you desk, and causes anger and alcohol issues then feel free to apply. But don't say you weren't warned.

For all the BS your employees put up with you need to pay them more. And it wouldn't kill you to add a window or two to the Naked Lime office. Seriously. I couldn't even tell there was a thunderstorm until I walked outside.

Welfare is better

Former Employee - Drone in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Drone in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Did not contract the black plague - yet.

Cons

All senior leadership from Bobo down.

Advice is pointless, as they are the smartest people in the world.

Slippery Slope

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paycheck, experience, will hire people out of college. Best reason to work there are you co-workers, management will make you want to leave.

Cons

Will do anything to keep money from you. For a conservative, Christian company, they are pretty heartless. Work life trumps family life. Management is confused as far as what direction the company is going in. They like to aquire companies then don't know what to do when they merge. There's no structure; management created their own rules when you go to them with something different, their answer only benefits themselves. High turnover rate that management tries to push under the rug claiming it's not bad however there was as high as 8 people quitting withing a 2 month period but have yet to look into what the problem is. Instead of asking people that quit why they did and what the problem(s) were, they send you something in the mail asking you to rate something. Training is awful. Everyone gets trained different and when you finally get into your job role, you quickly realize they didn't focus on the correct things and you feel like you're drowning, but management insists that the problem lies with you, not their training program. Departments don't work with each other. Often times, they work against each other because although Reynolds and Reynolds is one company, they go by several names (Callbright, Naked Lime, etc).

Listen to the people that work for you. In the end THEY are the ones that are keeping your company afloat and unhappy employees at the bottom of the chain hurts your bottom line.

Good starting place if you have no experience. Don't expect to be paid like your peers.

Former Employee - IT Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - IT Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very efficient business, so it will be there for the long haul. Very young workforce, so tons of socializing opportunities, like minded colleagues. Overall good people, met a lot of great people working there. Promote from within (because they won't pay what experienced people want), but it usually leads to very competent teams until they leave.

Cons

Monetary compensation way below average. Decisions driven by cost above all else. Move to proprietary systems limits any IT professionals' future career.

Reynolds and Reynolds Photos