Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews

573 reviews filtered by
2.8
Reynolds and Reynolds Chairman & CEO Bob Brockman
Bob Brockman

Pros
  • Several entry-level opportunities with on-the-job training (in 32 reviews)

• It always surprised me how so many good people ended up working for such terrible leadership (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not allow for managers to give recommendation letters (in 43 reviews)

• Not much room for advancement, from what I could tell (in 13 reviews)

1. Good College Job

Former Employee - Repair Technician in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Repair Technician in College Station, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

The pay is very good compared to other part time jobs and I was able to basically make my own schedule whenever I wanted.

Cons

I was a Repair Tech and due to the job specification, I worked on the same product over and over again which became dull after a while.

Given the overall experience I had and the fact that I left due to a better opportunity, I would say there isn't much that could have been improved. However, I would suggest giving employees in the Repair Center to have the option to rotate what product they are working on. Personally, if I had the opportunity to gain more experience with different processes, I may have stayed longer.

2. DIsaster Recovery Associatie

Current Employee - DIsaster Recovery Part-Time Associate in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - DIsaster Recovery Part-Time Associate in College Station, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time (more than a year)

Pros

work with hours, great pay for college student, it has prepared me for the real world

Cons

no tabacco policy, other departments work way harder and get the same amount of pay as people who sit all day and don't do near the work as some department do

make the load balance between departments more even. i work my butt
     off when other department sit around, and we get paid the same

3. Keytrak Software Analyst

Former Employee - Keytrak Software Analyst in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Keytrak Software Analyst in College Station, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Steady job, Safe, no skills required ahead of time, great events put on by the company, great divisions (as long as its led by the right management), Not the worst pay for college students.

Cons

Mindless Work, Not challenging at all, Non-transferable skills, Dead-end job, extremely high turnover rate. Great if you got a degree in something that wasn't applicable other than teaching or research and needed a job.

Would suggest higher motivation for compensation, to allow motivation for people to stay at the company, instead of running from the white walls.

5. Very micro managed company, low pay

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

Good hours, good learning experience

Cons

Micromanagement. Under paid and under appreciated

Pay more

This company is an old-boys-club, pay is well below industry standards, and company practices keep people segregated.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Dayton, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good entry-level job, not a lot of riff-raff in the ranks to detract from getting your job done (this is due to their interviewing process that includes standardized tests). If you are willing to cater to the mentality of upper-management and you do well, you may get noticed. That being said, the benefits of getting noticed do not include bonuses or great pay-raises, just trips to lodges, etc. (Those trips will NOT include females, ever.)

Cons

Old-boys-club for upper-management, lots of sexism and ageism (towards younger people). Naked Lime marketing hires a bunch of incompetent college grads (mostly female since the hiring managers are guys) and they segregate themselves from the rest of the company and treat the people they work with like crap. Naked Lime employees even have separate door badges. The middle-management of the company are largely doing nothing, there are a ton of meetings all the time, and nothing really gets accomplished out of them. There is a lot of opportunity to get a pat on the back or an attaboy, but decent pay increases or bonuses are hard to come by outside of the sales department. In that regard, pay rates for people in the tech sector are drastically under industry averages at Reynolds and Reynolds. Great benefits exist at this company, if you have been there for 20 years or more.

Promote the young go-getters beneath you up and over your head, because they can do a better job and they actually care. This company is stuck in the past, and upper-management refuses to see the tides turning. Electric cars are coming, so are driverless cars, and Reynolds is doing nothing to position itself to stay profitable when they do. When driverless cars become a reality, I expect Reynolds and Reynolds to be out of business 5-10 years later.

7. Not What I Expected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like the fact that they give a lot of recent graduates jobs. It really helps with experience later on, especially with their training they give which is really great. Also, most of the people I've met have been great and really friendly/helpful.

Cons

Moving throughout the company is very difficult. They seem eager to give you the chance to move departments if you're not quite into what you're currently doing but the process seems to be put on the back burner. The pay is very below average as well compared to other companies and the same job there.

8. Management system needs revamping

Former Employee - Systems Developer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Developer in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Not very demanding work place (depending on manager). Monthly parties after work with free beer.

Cons

No flexibility on days off, horrible waterfall system of project management, expected to work overtime without any additional compensation

Listen to employees, allow for more flexibility for dedicated employees, compensate employees for what they are worth.

Good place to work

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

work with you schedule like no other company I have ever worked for.
    get to create my own schedule every semester.
    don't get in trouble if something pops up the day you are suppose to work

Cons

people are different here.
    you have to play the game and make everyone happy
    if you make one manager or supervisor upset it will make you life a lot harder.
    nobody really does what they are suppose to but if a manager or supervisor from another department catches you goof off then you get in trouble.

try to even across the whole company
    dont hold standards against you bottom employees that you managers dont have to live up to

Practice What You Preach

Current Employee - Sales - Outside
    Current Employee - Sales - Outside

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Best overall product line
    - Fun Industry
    - Company Car, Phone, iPad.
    - Great coworkers
    -decent income opportunity (sales)
    - protected territories and team selling
    - pretty good income potential

Cons

-No transparency with internal processes for employees or customers
    - too many sales position (account manager, inside sales , sepcialist).
    - all major innovations have come from acquisitions - poor internal development
    - no trust of employees (all outside sales tracked by phone GPS)
    - poor treatment of clients - confusing supports, lack of ongoing training, Nickle and diming for items that should be general system enhancements.
    -poor communication
    -too much administrative nonprofit producing busy work
    - favoritism
    - everyone fears the CEO, and won't say anything
    - no work life balance
    - clients have been continually burned and don't trust us
    - when there is a problem everyone just passes the buck

- trust your people
    - simplify the process
    - cut the fat - to many cooks
    - pay support personnel better, as soon as they get good they leave
    - treat both employees and customers like they are important
    - practice what you preach transparency, effectiveness, efficiency.
    - all this talk about a Disney experience doing buissesss with Reynolds sometimes feels like a trip to the dentist as opposed to an amusement park.
    - better on going training for customers, it is in the companies best interest to make sure that customers use of the systems is at a high level.
    - allow your employees to have a life, no reason my supervisor should be constantly emailing me at 11pm on Saturdays.

"Not a Good Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

Has a cafeteria & Gym. People are friendly.

Cons

Low pay.

Health care for employees below the level of manager is worse than worthless. It will deny everything without it even being looked at. You would do much better to start a savings account to pay for health care.

They decide if you are part of the "good ol' boys" group or not. If you're in they will advance you way up even if you have no idea how to do the job. If you are not in they use you like slave labor until you wise up and leave. Around 95% of people are not considered part of the good ol' boys group.

Like they care for anyone's advice or opinion.

Reynolds and Reynolds Photos