Reynolds and Reynolds

Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Reynolds and Reynolds Chairman & CEO Bob Brockman

Bob Brockman

Pros
  • They had a range of entry level positions available that they were recruiting for that peaked my interest(in 30 reviews)

• It always surprised me how so many good people ended up working for such terrible leadership(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not allow for managers to give recommendation letters(in 41 reviews)

• There is absolutely no room for advancement(in 12 reviews)

Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorking full time and willing to work overtime

ConsDon't have any at this time

Advice to Senior Managementopen for discussion

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Overall a great company to work for although each department varies greatly.

Reynolds Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros-Great benefits - medical, dental, 401k, etc.
    -Not highly stressful or demanding

Cons-Vacation policy is subpar at best. Only 10 paid days for the first 5 calendar years of employment.

Corporate Recruiter

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) Kettering, OH

ProsGreat starter job with awesome training. Good work environment with a lot of amenities and extra curricular activities to participate in. Fun environment.

ConsGrowth within is advertised and does happen but very rarely! Salary is much lower than other similar positions. CEO likes to push his opinions and views on his employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good entry-level, resume and experience builder. Not generally good long-term career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Reynolds is a good place to build experience and resume fodder.
    - The company is large enough to provide a wide range of opportunities.
    - The department I worked in had a good amount of training to learn skills that could be applied to future jobs elsewhere.
    - On-site cafeteria (food is definitely cafeteria food, but not terrible; slightly overpriced)
    - On-site gym (basic but meets most needs for cardio and lifting)
    - Lots of rec league activities available
    - The company does a decent amount of charitable giving

Cons- The pay could definitely be better, but their target recruitment is geared towards younger people fresh out of college which usually are very much in need of a job, even if it doesn't pay the best.
    - The management style is very much micromanagement.
    - The headquarters is in Dayton, but the main (much smaller) office for the owning company is in Texas. Very often the mindset ends up being "this is the Texas way so it is the right way" even if it doesn't necessarily translate well from the way their office works to the way the headquarters works.
    - Benefits are decent but drop every year
    - High turnover rate is likely because it doesn't feel like the company places value on its employees. It seems that they are seen as replaceable by the next recent college grad they hire.
    - Lots of red tape
    - Favoritism shows up here and there
    - Management not always in touch with the realities of those working "in the trenches" (note - this is not necessarily the case for all departments)

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to improve upon the above-listed cons.

Wonderful

Software Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsTraveling the country and experiencing different workplace environment.

ConsYou would have to put in 80 hour work weeks from time to time. This could be draining.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more value in the workers

Good job for college students

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's an easy place to work. I got to plan my own hours, but that depends on our supervisor. Coworkers were great.

ConsIt was SO SO boring!

15 Year Veteran

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) College Station, TX

ProsEntry Level Employment - This is a great company to get started in the your industry. Repair / Call Center / Programming / Manufacturing / Logistics
    Flexible schedule - Part time AND Full time. I have always been a full time employee and I have requested a modified schedule from time to time. I have never been denied the request to change hours.
    Transparency to upper Management - It is encouraged that employees communicate with their direct management chain.
    Benefits - The medical is great for those that budget and know how to take advantage of the tools and flexibility of the benefits that are offered.
    Onsite workout facility - Not the best but I've worked for companies that didn't have one and this is certainly a bonus.
    Onsite Cafe - Not the best but I've worked for companies that didn't have one and this is certainly a bonus.
    Company sponsored Intramural sports - Bowling, Soccer, Softball, volleyball

ConsPay is well under industry average. Even for the area or Bryan/College Station.
    Hiring process is extremely slow as decisions to hire are not made in a timely manner by hiring departments.
    Does not do well at retaining their "better" associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise salaries across the board.
    Make hiring decisions quicker
    Do not be so quick to allow associates to leave. Work toward retaining your current staff.

A very jagged stepping stone

Software Implementation Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to travel a lot (Although that has recently changed). You also get to keep all the miles and points. Some of the people are genuinely nice. They hire fresh graduates.

ConsThe management is very strict and can be unforgiving depending upon who you are under. If you make one of your coworkers upset, even if they are in the wrong, you will have a hard time feeling accepted into the culture. It has a lot of recent college graduates which creates an atmosphere of "let's go drinking after work" almost every day. With a family, that can make the culture a bit difficult to acclimate to.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better and don't let the veterans treat the new hires like crap. Also, follow your discipline guidelines. If someone is doing something wrong, tell them how to fix it and the consequences, not just "you're doing it wrong".

Mediocrity is the name of the game

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere's nothing horrible about this company, just really nothing good either. Stable (poor) pay. Office seems to get along ok.

ConsNo one cares about their work because there is very little accountability. Reminds me of the movie office space, to a tee.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not upper management even though you think you are. Stop acting so entitled. 85k a year does not grant you that right. The real upper management rarely intermingles with employees.

Document Solutions Consultant

Document Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsManage your own territory as you see fit. Lots of freedom if you hit your numbers. Company car, laptop, and phone. Good people to work with. Overall a good company to work for as long as you're not on the system side of the operation. I had a good manager that did not micro manage. Benefits are good.

ConsPrices are high and need to be cut a lot to get new business which cuts into commission a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not worry about gross profit so much making one dollar is better than making no dollars because prices are too high.

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!