Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated September 20, 2014
2.9

Reynolds and Reynolds Chairman & CEO Bob Brockman
Bob Brockman

Pros
  • They had a range of entry level positions available that they were recruiting for that peaked my interest (in 30 reviews)

• It always surprised me how so many good people ended up working for such terrible leadership (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not allow for managers to give recommendation letters (in 41 reviews)

• There is absolutely no room for advancement (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

They care about their people. They are ready to invest in you. But get ready to work

Former Employee - Intern  in  Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in Dayton, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Gym is great. Great managers and mentoring all around. The corporate culture is very professional, but, that leads to many loving their job.

Cons

It is the most Republican centered company I literally could have ever imagined. So much so that they talked about the coming debt crisis in a company wide address. Fox News on every TV

Keep checking in. Invest in the small people.

Great part-time job

Former Employee - Repair Technician  in  College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Repair Technician in College Station, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time for less than a year

Pros

In the department I worked in, the people were great and the pay was pretty good for the type of work. The hours were very flexible and it was always easy to get my supervisor to let me have time off when I needed it for school and family.

Cons

The minimum requirement of 15 hours per week gets annoying when you also have school to consider. That requirement is ultimately why I had to leave. Also, even though I'm not a smoker, the company's seemingly vehement prejudice against smokers always seemed unreasonable to me.

The upper management should probably consider relaxing their minimum hours policy. Also, the anti-smoking policy is kind of ridiculous. I've never smoked and I'm not too fond of people smoking around me, but that's what designated outside smoking areas are for.

I've been very well taken care of with Reynolds.

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time

Pros

Company car, decent starting salary, opportunity to travel, the company lets you keep hotel points, rental car rewards, airline miles, etc.

Cons

The travel can sometimes be overwhelming, and the work can fluctuate from incredibly boring to way too much to get done in a normal day.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Regional Sales Director

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Thirty-one year career with history of promotion within. Since merger in 2008, we have managed to maintain excellent customer focus as well as quality programming and enhancements. Loyalty is rewarded. Training program for Account Managers is second to none.

Cons

Based in Dayton, Ohio. Dayton is nice, but.....

Bob Brockmans's core principals just make sense. Every employee should hear him delivery his beliefs and priorities and his logic behind them

Traditional, man culture rules all. Incredibly old-fashioned

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time

Pros

Decent benefits (such as gym, cafeteria)
    Great Training
    Stability

Cons

Company values Republicanism-only
    Silent cubicles at all times
    No creativity
    Behind in processes

Get into the 21st century

Start your career here

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You get out what you put in at R&R. Hard work, creative thinking and innovation will get you ahead here. They tend to hire recent college grads and promote from within. Virtually every manager, director and exec started on the ground floor and worked their way up.

Expect to be challenging work everyday. They make and sell top shelf solutions to very demanding customers, so they expect and pay for top shelf talent.

Cons

A little conservative culturally. Make sure you wear a tie at HQ.

Field Sales with Reynolds - highly recommend

Current Employee - Systems Sales  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Sales in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to have a career, continuing education. Fantastic support from middle and upper management. Focus on customer experience, great product and services offerings. Have improved my income each year of employment.

Cons

Per the sales job description, the job can often be taxing as it is not a 40 hour work week. With experience, I am able to balance fairly well, but from time to time it can be a little overwhelming.

Continue to focus on the development of your people, ask for feedback and implement some of the suggestions.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time

Pros

Reynolds has a great team environment, and provides excellent training for their associates. New associate training teaches you everything you need to know about the automotive industry, and how Reynolds has evolved. There are additional training courses offered quarterly, that help associates grow professionally and learn more about the industry.

Reynolds is the industry leader, and widely recognized in the automotive industry. Their products, customer support and training are the best in the industry.

There are additional activities Reynolds offers associates, including an onsite gym, medical center, convenience store and cafeteria all at headquarters. The "work hard, play hard" mentality is shown through the onsite amenities, as well as the sports leagues and volunteer opportunities offered to all associates.

Cons

It does take some time to accrue vacation days.

A good entry-level company that is a great place to gain experience

Current Employee - Software Developer Intern  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer Intern in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Several entry-level opportunities with on-the-job training.
    The building has an on-site health care center and bank.
    The building has a beautiful outdoor area with a lake and some picnic tables.
    R&R supports several charities.

Cons

The extreme quiet makes it hard to get to know other employees.
    The company has a high employee turnover rate.
    The pay isn't competitive compared to other software developer internships.

Good starting place

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time

Pros

good environment, benefits and overall facility

Cons

poor flexibility and culture. It felt like little progress was made on projects

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!