Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

2.9

Reynolds and Reynolds Chairman & CEO Bob Brockman
Bob Brockman

Pros
  • They had a range of entry level positions available that they were recruiting for that peaked my interest (in 30 reviews)

• It always surprised me how so many good people ended up working for such terrible leadership (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not allow for managers to give recommendation letters (in 41 reviews)

• There is absolutely no room for advancement (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Start your career here

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You get out what you put in at R&R. Hard work, creative thinking and innovation will get you ahead here. They tend to hire recent college grads and promote from within. Virtually every manager, director and exec started on the ground floor and worked their way up.

Expect to be challenging work everyday. They make and sell top shelf solutions to very demanding customers, so they expect and pay for top shelf talent.

Cons

A little conservative culturally. Make sure you wear a tie at HQ.

I've been very well taken care of with Reynolds.

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time

Pros

Company car, decent starting salary, opportunity to travel, the company lets you keep hotel points, rental car rewards, airline miles, etc.

Cons

The travel can sometimes be overwhelming, and the work can fluctuate from incredibly boring to way too much to get done in a normal day.

Field Sales with Reynolds - highly recommend

Current Employee - Systems Sales  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Sales in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to have a career, continuing education. Fantastic support from middle and upper management. Focus on customer experience, great product and services offerings. Have improved my income each year of employment.

Cons

Per the sales job description, the job can often be taxing as it is not a 40 hour work week. With experience, I am able to balance fairly well, but from time to time it can be a little overwhelming.

Continue to focus on the development of your people, ask for feedback and implement some of the suggestions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time

Pros

Reynolds has a great team environment, and provides excellent training for their associates. New associate training teaches you everything you need to know about the automotive industry, and how Reynolds has evolved. There are additional training courses offered quarterly, that help associates grow professionally and learn more about the industry.

Reynolds is the industry leader, and widely recognized in the automotive industry. Their products, customer support and training are the best in the industry.

There are additional activities Reynolds offers associates, including an onsite gym, medical center, convenience store and cafeteria all at headquarters. The "work hard, play hard" mentality is shown through the onsite amenities, as well as the sports leagues and volunteer opportunities offered to all associates.

Cons

It does take some time to accrue vacation days.

Good starting place

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time

Pros

good environment, benefits and overall facility

Cons

poor flexibility and culture. It felt like little progress was made on projects

Neutral

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This was a good place for college students that need flexible schedules and brainless work, leaving most of their energy reserved for school. I enjoyed the cafeteria and workout facility. Near the time I left they were introducing a lot of personal health awareness incentives that seemed to be positively impacting employees.

Cons

Because of the high turnover rate it felt like you were easily replaceable, even after working reliably for more than five years I was barley making more than fellow employees that had only been there a few months, and they capped your salary so that no one could receive raises past $10 hourly. The lower management was okay, and even occasionally worked along side the employees, but they often showed favoritism and held each person to unfair standards tip-toeing around confrontational employees and expecting more out of compliant ones. Upper-management was distant and I not until leaving and running across people that knew and talked about me with former bosses did I hear months after leaving that they valued me at all.

Ultimately I valued this job more for the friendships between co-workers more than any experience that I gained there. Most of the people I met only stayed for a few months while going to school, and the rest were there because some extenuating life circumstance had put them in a rut and they felt that staying was their only option. Management needs to make their employees feel valued. Start by paying them more and stop being so cheap across the board. Put in the effort to get to know them and communicate in other ways than cracking down on stupid policies when things get to lax.

Ok job for college students/ bad place for full time employees

Current Employee - Associate  in  College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in College Station, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible with school schedule, many different departments were to work, on site fitness center,
    employee discounts, on site cafeteria.. food is ok at best

Cons

too many levels of management and no opportunity for advancement
    in my time at Reynolds & Reynolds raises were given to other departments
    within the company and we were told no one was getting raises.

Some managers are good but because of the way the company works they
    have little power to do things everything has to be approved by another superior
    manager and so on.

Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working full time and willing to work overtime

Cons

Don't have any at this time

open for discussion

A good entry-level company that is a great place to gain experience

Current Employee - Software Developer Intern  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer Intern in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Several entry-level opportunities with on-the-job training.
    The building has an on-site health care center and bank.
    The building has a beautiful outdoor area with a lake and some picnic tables.
    R&R supports several charities.

Cons

The extreme quiet makes it hard to get to know other employees.
    The company has a high employee turnover rate.
    The pay isn't competitive compared to other software developer internships.

Intern Ship

Former Employee - Customer Training Professional  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Training Professional in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot with this internship. The management staff are welcoming and they know how to guide their employees to success.

Cons

I have no cons to say about this company

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!