Reynolds and Reynolds Reviews

Updated April 23, 2015
583 reviews filtered by

Mysterious firing; management's word is gospel

Former Employee - Remote Customer Training Professional in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Remote Customer Training Professional in Dayton, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reynolds was my first job out of college, so it provided a cushion to pay student loans but certainly not much else.

Cons

- If you are not well liked by management, you will be fired. The grounds they give you will be bogus and will begin with "it was reported to us by another member of management..." and will be followed by an accusation that they will not allow you to rebut. They do not look into these accusations, they act on them.
    - I hired in 3.5 years ago 6 to 7 grand less than what new hires for my position are offered today. The raises don't offset the increase in salary for new hires, so chances are your trainees will hire in making more than you.
    - If you apply for FMLA, you create a target on your back. Your management will seek to find things wrong with your performance to get you fired even if you are a top performer on your team.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people.

Naked Lime & IMN: Sexism, Racism, Turnover & More!

Former Employee - Marketing Support Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Support Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady (albeit low, according to industry standards) paycheck. Onsite dining room that serves good food -- the cookies are excellent.

Cons

Sexism: There are no women in positions higher than supervisor at Naked Lime. At the company birthday party, only two women won company-wide awards (from parent company Reynolds and Reynolds), out of 10+ awards that were given.

Racism: In IMN, there have only been two associates terminated, both of whom have been black women -- two of the three black associates ever employed in that department, actually. No black men have ever been employed in that department. One supervisor even relentlessly bullies the women of color on her team, until they are terminated or forced to quit due to health issues.

Favoritism: While favoritism is expected in a work environment, it is absolutely glaring and unprofessional at this company. If you are your supervisor’s favorite, you can arrive up to 30 mins late and not get so much as a slap on the wrist. If end up the bane of your supervisor's existence (most of the time through minor mistakes), then your life will be made as miserable as possible. Even worse, the director of NLM also has this tendency. Everyone is micromanaged, and supervisors must be CC’d on every email you send -- to your 60+ clients, no less.

Environment: There are no windows and bright, curious, recent college grads are turned into sad-eyed cubicle mice that launch emails all day. While commission is presented as an “additional” benefit during the interviewing process, your job security absolutely depends on you meeting certain (pointless) benchmarks each month. The additional income is a pittance for the amount of work it takes to meet those benchmarks, and if you decide to work past your regular hours, you will not get paid overtime. And even if you do well and embrace your status as favorite, you will probably be stuck in middle management for a decade or longer.

Administration: THERE IS NO HR DEPARTMENT, and while this might not sound terrible at first, it definitely can be -- especially in regards to sexual harassment and being under middle- and upper-management that relies too heavily on favoritism and not enough on logic and good business sense. An associate sexually harassed a former associate for months, sending her love letters and even trying to inappropriately touch her in an after-work function. Yet her supervisor did not like her, and she felt her voice and concerns would go unheard. It is not easy to speak up, and most especially if the environment you navigate for work is hostile and unsafe.

Fast Facts: Your experience at Naked Lime is solely reliant on your supervisor. In the past 12 months, there has been a turnover rate of approximately 40% for the IMN department. Clients are rapidly canceling because the IMN program is dated and clunky. Upper management wants to start penalizing people for not meeting on particular benchmark by taking money from their already low paychecks. Upper-management is encouraged to leave reviews on here to even out the rating. If you smoke cigarettes, you will be fired, regardless of performance. As account managers, we are trained to treat our clients like walking money signs, not people.

Advice to Management

When it was suggested that they put some automotive industry related art on the wall, the manager who takes those suggestions told associates to beat their heads against the wall so that their blood could be used as decoration. This was endorsed by the company by not firing or demoting her. This anecdote alone should provide a good idea of what management is like towards entry-level employees and their "advice."

Good perks but too many hands in the cookie jar

Former Employee - DocuPAD in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - DocuPAD in Dayton, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you free beer when you play sports. Credit union is on site which is great

Cons

Too many people trying to work their way up and not enough spots. Pay is not good for the company's track record.

Advice to Management

Too many bosses per department

Enjoyable experience with coworkers

Former Employee - Toner Technician in Vandalia, OH
    Former Employee - Toner Technician in Vandalia, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, great coworkers, flexible hours

Cons

Work environment is hostile, random drug screening

Advice to Management

Learn the names of your employees

Trains you in anything you need to know.

Former Employee - Software Education Department Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Software Education Department Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

Lower level employees are great to work with.

Cons

Low pay, not the best benefits, don't look for advancement or high pay here. after a few raises your income will freeze with no room for advancement. Company micromanages and tracks everywhere you go in the building with a computer tracking system.

Advice to Management

Higher pay goes a long way.

great place to work

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

benefits,flexibility,growth,great people to work with

Cons

no tobacco, constant drug check

Advice to Management

N/A

Keep looking

Former Employee - Toner Texhnician
    Former Employee - Toner Texhnician

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

Flexible schedule if part time.

Cons

Awful depressing work environment. They discriminate against smokers. They live keep high turnover for some reason.

Advice to Management

Restore the company to the glory days before the buyout

They need help in Celina, OH

Former Employee - Supervisor in Celina, OH
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Celina, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Even hot heads with anger management problems can be promoted to director. All you have to do is be uneducated, unprofessional and learn to scream at the employees and you'll have it made.

Cons

No qualified leadership. You have to learn to play the game or you don't have a chance of being promotted. You're not allowed to have an opinion, just keed your mouth shut and do as you're told. Turn over is rampant and it's that way due to the local management in Celina on the staff level.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who wants to clean house and take the plant back to what it once was before the current staff sank their claws into it. The plant in Celina was the main place that everyone wanted to work once upon a time, but not anymore.

10. Hired as manager

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

- benefits
    - accelerated work
    - sharp, young people

Cons

-strict
    -little room for job growth

Advice to Management

N/A

Helpful in determining what kind of company not to work for

Former Employee - Content Writer in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Content Writer in Dayton, OH

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At R&R I was a content writer for their marketing branch called Naked Lime Marketing. Most of the people I worked with were friendly and helpful while others were closed off and unwilling to help out new employees. This job gave me professional writing experience through writing auto blogs for different car dealerships across the country.

Cons

A real lack of training, I was thrown into writing content without any actual training and just a piece of paper vaguely explaining what to include in my writing. My position as a part-time writer was advertised as being an internship (look out for the content writing position being listed for both Naked Lime and Reynolds & Reynolds because it is the exact same position) which it wasn't. I had to write 34-38 blogs a week, 200 words a piece, which is like a full-time job when you are also a student. Time off was stingy. I was still attending college while working here part time and my main editor was reluctant to give me any time off for my finals week, yet kept telling me my education was important. The company tends to go after students who are seniors or close to graduating so they can suck them in and guarantees they will be employed after graduating, all while misleading candidates of what the position really entails. The environment does not foster growth or facilitate learning, editors are unnecessarily critical of work and hide behind their computer screens and tend to be confrontational through emails rather than making a phone call or meeting face-to-face = extremely unprofessional. Due to being a student I felt taken advantage of and was making a fraction of what other part-time writers like me were making. Definitely not worth the time investment and I recommend that college grads looking to write for a living seek a company that appreciates their talents and provides an environment conducive of learning.

Reynolds and Reynolds Photos