Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated August 21, 2014

2.9

Reynolds and Reynolds Chairman & CEO Bob Brockman
Bob Brockman

Pros
  • They had a range of entry level positions available that they were recruiting for that peaked my interest (in 30 reviews)

• It always surprised me how so many good people ended up working for such terrible leadership (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not allow for managers to give recommendation letters (in 41 reviews)

• There is absolutely no room for advancement (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Reynolds and Reynolds is a great place to gain experience after college.

Pros

Reynolds and Reynolds is one of the few companies that is willing to take recent college graduates with little to no experience. They train their employees well and give them the tools that they need to succeed in the future. The benefits are great and so is the company culture. I would definitely recommend Reynolds to anyone that is looking to start off on a career with a reputable company.

Cons

Some people don't like the non-smoking rule ,but as a non-smoker, I really don't mind. It helps to keep the insurance costs down.

Uh, well, where do I start...

Current Employee - Quality Assurance  in  College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in College Station, TX

Pros

A cafeteria downstairs so breakfast and lunch were always easy to get.

Cons

Full time employees with families and mortgage payments once went 3 years without raises, even after working through several periods where overtime was mandatory.

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. The management has no clue what's going on at any tier below their own, therefore they make decisions based on what they THINK should be done, without actually analyzing the real situation and figuring out the best solution.

Opportunity for advancement if you work hard.

Former Employee - Web Consultant  in  College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Web Consultant in College Station, TX

Pros

Steady, reliable income. No random layoffs and you don't have to fear being fired unless you don't perform your job duties. Good management in the department I worked in, Naked Lime Marketing. They are good at what they do, are knowledgable, and care about their team members.

Cons

Pay is below average, but they are bi-annual performance reviews and if you perform well, you can get a raise. Also, in my department, they have certifications you can take to increase your salary. I earned over $4,000 onto my salary from certifications.

Listen to department managers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Start a Career

Current Employee - Systems Sales Trainee  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Sales Trainee in Dayton, OH

Pros

I've been working at Reynolds for a year now and have been surrounded by supportive and kind employees. Reynolds also does not skimp on giving you a quality product to sell and great training for anyone not familiar with the automotive industry.

Cons

The culture of the company is not for everyone and you'll have to jump through a few hoops to get used to your job.

Company is moving forward

Pros

solid recruiting-look to fit you into the right job with opportunity to move into other positions as experience grows, matching 401k, promote from within, good work place. Exciting time to be a part of this company.

Cons

young work force so overall business knowledge is lower but Reynolds has many internal programs to help build that knowledge

keep salaries in line with marketplace

A place I am happy to have started my career and plan to stay

Current Employee - MIDDLE MANAGEMENT-SALES  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - MIDDLE MANAGEMENT-SALES in Dayton, OH

Pros

Great people, friendly atmosphere, good perks for high performers, promotion from within, growth opportunities. Management will work with you when you need flexibility. I have learned a number of different areas since I have been here and have been entrusted with high profile projects since very early on in my career.

Cons

Culture definitely isn't for everyone, more structured than some would expect

Make yourselves better accessible to all levels of associates and be open about the direction the company is headed in.

Reynolds and Reynolds has proven to be a stable, reliable employer in the up and down automotive marketplace.

Pros

The leadership team has many years of automotive retail experience. When the company commits to doing something - they do it right.

Cons

Help out with the soaring cost of health care.

Create an environment where employees feel empowered.

Reynolds and Reynolds Response

Jun 12, 2014Corporate Communications

We do have wellness discounts available as part of our competitive benefits package to help out with those rising healthcare costs. Thank you for your feedback!

Good for gaining experience

Current Employee - Network Technician
    Current Employee - Network Technician

Pros

Benefits, after work programs are nice.

Cons

They hire people who are not qualified to work IT sometimes. Hard to advance quickly...

In the IT department try to focus more on skills and background for advancement. Too often employees are moved up based on time.

Everything there is pretty much negative. I think that everyone I talked to there was unhappy with there job.

Current Employee - Network Technician  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Network Technician in Dayton, OH

Pros

They hire a lot of young people that do a lot of activities. Other than that, its not a good experience.

Cons

It's a really cheap company, and they pay under what the average is. You have to jump through a lot of hoops.

The business plan i'm sure is to hire young employees and pay them below the norm until they find a job elsewhere.

Don't believe all the negatives

Pros

Great leadership, great training, great benefits, clean and organized work environment.

Cons

The only cons I can say is the job is underpaid compared to others like it. And if you want anything with sugar in it, you're out of luck. Also you can't use tobacco products and work here.

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!