Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated December 12, 2014
2.8

Reynolds and Reynolds Chairman & CEO Bob Brockman
Bob Brockman

Pros
  • Several entry-level opportunities with on-the-job training (in 32 reviews)

• It always surprised me how so many good people ended up working for such terrible leadership (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not allow for managers to give recommendation letters (in 43 reviews)

• Not much room for advancement, from what I could tell (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Corporate Recruiter

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Kettering, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great starter job with awesome training. Good work environment with a lot of amenities and extra curricular activities to participate in. Fun environment.

Cons

Growth within is advertised and does happen but very rarely! Salary is much lower than other similar positions. CEO likes to push his opinions and views on his employees.

Ok job for college students/ bad place for full time employees

Current Employee - Associate in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in College Station, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexible with school schedule, many different departments were to work, on site fitness center,
    employee discounts, on site cafeteria.. food is ok at best

Cons

too many levels of management and no opportunity for advancement
    in my time at Reynolds & Reynolds raises were given to other departments
    within the company and we were told no one was getting raises.

Some managers are good but because of the way the company works they
    have little power to do things everything has to be approved by another superior
    manager and so on.

Wouldn't recommend

Former Employee - Reynolds Solutions Specialist
    Former Employee - Reynolds Solutions Specialist

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company car, short hours, management was generally a great group of people as well as co-workers.

Cons

Low pay (38k starting doesn't work), absurd vacation policy (10 days/yr for first 5 years), even worse sick day policy (2 days without qurstion, 4 more but those require a doctor's note), car costs $100-$200/paycheck (non-negotiable), and long hours driving. But the worst part was the product. As a software consultant, it was tough representing such an antiquated product (originally built in 1987). Final note, working with dealerships is not for everyone. Make sure it's a group of people you don't mind being around!

Ignite was a great step in the right direction , but the roll-out in bits and pieces is frustrating for customers and field-reps alike. Spend some more time on R&D and release the rest at once. You might really impress some people with a finished product!

Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working full time and willing to work overtime

Cons

Don't have any at this time

open for discussion

Good entry-level, resume and experience builder. Not generally good long-term career.

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time

Pros

- Reynolds is a good place to build experience and resume fodder.
    - The company is large enough to provide a wide range of opportunities.
    - The department I worked in had a good amount of training to learn skills that could be applied to future jobs elsewhere.
    - On-site cafeteria (food is definitely cafeteria food, but not terrible; slightly overpriced)
    - On-site gym (basic but meets most needs for cardio and lifting)
    - Lots of rec league activities available
    - The company does a decent amount of charitable giving

Cons

- The pay could definitely be better, but their target recruitment is geared towards younger people fresh out of college which usually are very much in need of a job, even if it doesn't pay the best.
    - The management style is very much micromanagement.
    - The headquarters is in Dayton, but the main (much smaller) office for the owning company is in Texas. Very often the mindset ends up being "this is the Texas way so it is the right way" even if it doesn't necessarily translate well from the way their office works to the way the headquarters works.
    - Benefits are decent but drop every year
    - High turnover rate is likely because it doesn't feel like the company places value on its employees. It seems that they are seen as replaceable by the next recent college grad they hire.
    - Lots of red tape
    - Favoritism shows up here and there
    - Management not always in touch with the realities of those working "in the trenches" (note - this is not necessarily the case for all departments)

Find ways to improve upon the above-listed cons.

Document Solutions Consultant

Current Employee - Document Solutions Consultant
    Current Employee - Document Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Manage your own territory as you see fit. Lots of freedom if you hit your numbers. Company car, laptop, and phone. Good people to work with. Overall a good company to work for as long as you're not on the system side of the operation. I had a good manager that did not micro manage. Benefits are good.

Cons

Prices are high and need to be cut a lot to get new business which cuts into commission a lot.

Do not worry about gross profit so much making one dollar is better than making no dollars because prices are too high.

Wonderful

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Software Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Traveling the country and experiencing different workplace environment.

Cons

You would have to put in 80 hour work weeks from time to time. This could be draining.

Show more value in the workers

Naked Lime Marketing-Owned by Reynolds and Reynolds

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only good thing about working here are the fellow coworkers and the cookies in the lunch room. Everyone here collectively agrees that this place sucks the life out of you, and makes you wish you were hit by a bus instead of going to work.

Cons

Training is a joke - all classes and no hands on training, then they throw 50-80 accounts at you unannounced and expect you to be perfect at doing your job. The pay is nothing so you're broke all the time, the benefits are fluffed up, supervisors treat you like children, and yes, they only promote from within, but I wouldn't advise anyone to stay here long enough for that to happen. There aren't even any freakin' windows in the Naked Lime office!! It was previously a warehouse, so you walk in and are immediately depressed. How a person stays sane here I have no idea. Also, for a company that specializes in technology (for car dealerships) their own programs are the most ineffective tools ever and constantly cause problems. It got to the point where we attempted to warn new trainees about how awful it truly was. In conclusion, if you'd like to spend every day in a meaningless, soul sucking job that makes you want to cry under you desk, and causes anger and alcohol issues then feel free to apply. But don't say you weren't warned.

For all the BS your employees put up with you need to pay them more. And it wouldn't kill you to add a window or two to the Naked Lime office. Seriously. I couldn't even tell there was a thunderstorm until I walked outside.

15 Year Veteran

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I have been working at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Entry Level Employment - This is a great company to get started in the your industry. Repair / Call Center / Programming / Manufacturing / Logistics
    Flexible schedule - Part time AND Full time. I have always been a full time employee and I have requested a modified schedule from time to time. I have never been denied the request to change hours.
    Transparency to upper Management - It is encouraged that employees communicate with their direct management chain.
    Benefits - The medical is great for those that budget and know how to take advantage of the tools and flexibility of the benefits that are offered.
    Onsite workout facility - Not the best but I've worked for companies that didn't have one and this is certainly a bonus.
    Onsite Cafe - Not the best but I've worked for companies that didn't have one and this is certainly a bonus.
    Company sponsored Intramural sports - Bowling, Soccer, Softball, volleyball

Cons

Pay is well under industry average. Even for the area or Bryan/College Station.
    Hiring process is extremely slow as decisions to hire are not made in a timely manner by hiring departments.
    Does not do well at retaining their "better" associates.

Raise salaries across the board.
    Make hiring decisions quicker
    Do not be so quick to allow associates to leave. Work toward retaining your current staff.

Good job for college students

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds

Pros

It's an easy place to work. I got to plan my own hours, but that depends on our supervisor. Coworkers were great.

Cons

It was SO SO boring!

Reynolds and Reynolds Photos