Rezolve group

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014
2.4

Craig Carroll

Rewards hard work and initiative

I have been working at Rezolve group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company is full of talented and creative people. People work hard and play hard with numerous dress up days, like favorite sports team, and food is brought in during really busy times. There is a call center and a professional development group all in one office. Both groups work well together even though their jobs are very different. People who contribute and have initiative are acknowledged and rewarded with promotions. The work Rezolve does for colleges is very exciting and often custom which makes things always interesting and new.

Cons

This is not a 9-5 job. You go with the flow and there will be times you are very busy and are working late or weekends. Because it is a small company, there is no 401K match and they only pay for the individuals health coverage, but at 80%. This can be an issue if you have a family and need the coverage.

Work to improve the benefits. There are probably really qualified people that you could attract with better health and 401K. Also, know that that not everyone can work an insane number of hours. People who do can should be rewarded, but people who hard and a normal amount of extra hours should not need to feel less valuable.

One of the worst jobs I ever had

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Rezolve group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Coffee Room and a big screen TV

Cons

Hi stress, low pay. They hire 100 temps and let them go when season starts to slow. You never know when you might be let go. For regular employees, expect cut to your hours in slow season and you need to be able to live on our hourly.

Dishonest

Former Employee - Applications Review in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Applications Review in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Rezolve group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only good thing I can say about this company is that there were friendly people working there.

Cons

This company is complete scam! They trick people in to paying them to submit their FAFSA for college because they don't know that it is free. They will even people's money who can't even afford it and auto bill the customer each year with letting them know and with still take money from them even if they graduated from college.

Worst Company I Have Worked For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Rezolve group full-time

Pros

When employees are forced to work overtime, the company will provide them with food. Sometimes from the vending machine, but they do provide food.

Cons

Employees are salaried and do not receive compensation for their overtime hours. It is an expectation that almost every employee works more than 40 hours a week, and flexing hours is frowned upon, even for employees that begin work at 6 am every couple of weeks. Every project is expected to be Priority 1 at all times. Management is very controlling over the workers. Even though employees are salaried, they get lectured about taking lunches longer than 1 hour. With the high company expectations for performance and the amount of hours employees are expected to work. the pay is not satisfactory or proportionate to the demands on employees. During "peak season," employees are rewarded for working extended hours by drawings for $10 gift cards and by patronizing games. Overall, I would say that the company takes advantage of their workers by working them long hours with high standards and offering no incentives for their extra work. Additionally, the benefits package is not substantial enough for employees with families.

You need to make your pay competitive with other employers. Company morale is spiraling downward. And above all else, you need to compensate your employees for their overtime hours. A standard work week is 40 hours.

Management is very set in their ways and "old school" in a very negative sense of the term. Cannot move into the modern age with the current attitude of leadership figures, which is ironic considering they are a Software as a Service company and repeat that they are at every possible opportunity.

Pure bait and switch

Former Employee - Student Financial Aid Advisor in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Student Financial Aid Advisor in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Rezolve group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If one is willing to work hard, one can reap the results of the effort. Employees also get to enjoy lots of free food, win prizes and the like to keep moral up during the peak FAFSA filing periods of the year. There are some opportunities to advance.

Cons

Worked hard, psychologically abused, and have no work-life balance. The most rewards come to those who prefer to work and only work. In fact, that is the primary factor that gets you considered for advancement - working 80 hours a week or more during the peak period. Also, the difference between having a college degree and not having one in the pay scale is only 50 cents per hour. Without a college degree one earns $10 per hour and with one $10.50 per hour as a base. Hitting key performance indicators earns a bonus each month but while they started out reasonable at first, by a year in they turn into blatant cog in the machine production goals.

My advice to management is to not undervalue employees by providing poor pay but expect performance one would typically obtain from paying people three times or more for the work. Being a hamster on a wheel for a company burns out the most devoted eventually and creates high turnover for average workers. I understand a company wants the best workers they can find, but sometimes the best workers are those whom you don't have to look for as replacements for burned out, spent, overworked current employees.

It also does not help that people were laid off because of business and upper management difficulties. I posit that such comes from a company that wants to extract maximum profit for the highest levels of management to benefit while shafting the workers that make the company what it is.

Great Company & Very Well Managed

I have been working at Rezolve group full-time

Pros

Rezolve really cares about people and it shows in the company culture. Culture is a very important part of the company and management knows that they are not only competing for clients, they are competing on the basis of how they treat their employees and what they represent. From my first day with the company I was aware of how important culture was to the company. The company provided me with in-depth training that I needed to succeed in my job and I could tell that they genuinely wanted me to succeed. I feel my contributions were noticed by management and they were proactive in rewarding me with both monetary and non-monetary means. The company has always communicated openly and honestly. It's rare to find a company that not only communicates the good news, but also the bad news. This has gained them credibility in my book. I really feel that there is something special about this company and they make you feel that you are not just a "number," but an important part of the company's success. I feel that I am in "good hands" at this company.

Cons

The Rezolve environment may not be for everyone. Rezolve has a dynamic environment where innovation and results are apparent every day. This means change happens frequently and I believe this is a great thing. However, people that just want to go to work for the sake of a job, should look somewhere else.

Keep up the culture of the company as this will continue to be one of the most important parts of the company's success.

A solid place to work with good people but leadership needs great improvement.

Former Employee - Product Development Specialist/Automation in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Product Development Specialist/Automation in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Rezolve group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Small company where you can build a close relationship with everyone. They tried to make the work environment fun with games, group outings, and special events. You get to work hands on with the product and will become an expert through experience, great training and helpful work mates. Will teach you how to be disciplined and work hard. Personally, I liked everyone there. I learned a lot there and it has shaped me and led to the success I have now.

Cons

Through my experience at other companies the one thing that glares is the leadership. Specifically the CEO. Unfortunately he is the source of most of the problems. The business plan at Rezolve is not clear and not very well put together. The direction of the company is up in the air dating from when I was last there. A vast amount of talent is being wasted. I have never seen a place with an abundance of talented individuals where the company didn't thrive except for Rezolve. Every last person at that company has so much talent but hardly anything to show for it. Also the pay is too low for the work being done and the amount of hours put in. People are investing their limited time for what seems to be nothing. Many people have since left the company and I am not sure who still remains since I've left. If you still work there you have the talent to be the equivalent of a great product manager, product developer or team manager at a major company.

Management needs to talk to the CEO and define a clear path for the company. The source of the problems start there. Also the company needs to look at expanding their offerings from a technical and business perspective. The software engineers on that team are outstanding. The employees in Sacramento are very smart and have the ability to do a lot. Don't waste your talent. Find a way to get the most out of your talent to make the company flourish. Listen to what everyone has to say and don't scold them for their criticisms. Realize that you have a gold mine of talent before its gone. Someone needs to have the vision to make the company great. The company is one visionary person away from being on the path to huge success. I wish you all the best.

Not the best

I have been working at Rezolve group

Pros

Free food, good people, yep

Cons

Upper management does not care or listen to employees. Do not expect any raises or promotions.

Great Company Culture

I have been working at Rezolve group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management works hard to recognize top contributors. Lots of team bonding activities and excellent training.

Cons

After several years of growth business seems to have stalled and some good talent has moved on.

Long hours, unappreciated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Rezolve group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice co-workers, theme days, company meeting

Cons

long hours, no real goals and expectations, very subjective and favoritism in the workplace

Manage by what you see not what you hear.