Rho

Be The First To
Add Photos

Laura Helms Reece and Russell W. Helms

Forward-thinking CRO

I have been working at Rho full-time

ProsRho is team-oriented, to focus on customer service first and foremost, and to create an internal rapport between various functional groups. The company provides ample opportunity for self-improvement, with in-house trainings, a decent professional development budget, and encouragement to further or change functional role. Employee retention is an ideal, so the average stint at Rho is probably higher than most contract research organizations.

ConsHard to ride a bike down Highway 54.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow appreciation for your subordinate's wishes.

Great CEOs, Middle Management Okay

Clinical Data Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rho full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFor a small company, they have great perks and treat their employees well. Great work/life balance. They are quick to praise great work by employees, and I feel like the CEOs are very connected to day-to-day life at Rho.

ConsPeople stay here a while which is great, but it also limits job growth opportunities in my opinion. Middle management does not seem to share the great vision of the leadership team.

Rho is a fantastic company to work for.

I have been working at Rho

ProsVery flexible, plenty of training, everyone there is excited about what they do

ConsI don't have any cons about the company

All Around Greatest Company to Work For

Statistical Research Associate/Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rho full-time for more than 3 years

ProsChallenging.
Lots of flexibility, this company will work with you to make the job however you want it. This means you don't have to worry if life happens and you can't make in by 9:00. In fact there are no set hours (for most positions), and in many cases employees are partially or completely remote.
The company is very family friendly.
There are many opportunities to grow and develop in your career.
The culture is very warm and the values of the company are upheld on a daily basis.
Company is generous with it's profit sharing.

ConsI can't think of any, this is the best place I've ever worked, hands down.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Fun place to work for motivated individuals

I have been working at Rho full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI have broad discretion to work on those things I find most interesting. The people I work with are highly competent and I enjoy working with them. My boss is supportive and knowledgeable. The working environment is friendly and flexible. There are lots of little perks that make it a good place to be.

ConsFor employees who have been with the company awhile and progressed substantially in their careers, compensation does not always keep pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time focused on strategy and less time on the details.

No direction

Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at Rho full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of very intelligent people work there. PTO got better when I got there.

ConsThe owners are clueless in the ways of business. Constantly changing strategies. Owners talk a big game, but don't walk the walk. A lot was said about "owners having your back," but they were mostly stabbing it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell to a competitor.

Great place to learn about clinical research

Research Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rho

ProsFlexible work schedule, great learning experience for those unfamiliar with the industry, good outside learning opportunities, and great overall support from study team.

ConsNo opportunities for advancement, once hired at entry level. Higher level employees show little respect for entry level employees. Once in a position, you have to fight to get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp entry level employees move up to a higher salaried position, listen to people on your team, offer more outside learning opportunities for those seeking advancement.

Great place for entry-level jobs, less good for higher levels

Research Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Rho

ProsFamily oriented, supportive, encouraging of growth and creativity, flexible workplace, casual dress code, competitive salary and benefits, pleasant co-workers, and generally a good place to begin a career.

ConsA lot of nepotism and favoritism. If you are not a favored employee, I imagine it is a terrible experience working at Rho. However, if you get noticed, you get a lot of benefits. They hold on to lousy employees longer than they should and do not keep the good ones long enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementRho was a great place to work and I felt supported and appreciated, which I imagine is rare for entry-level positions. I got a good salary and great benefits. One piece of advice is to get rid of bad employees who make the other employees miserable and are not "team players" and work harder to keep the great employees.

Great for entry level

I worked at Rho full-time

ProsGreat place to start out entry level or end your career

ConsFavoritism is shown, compensation not as high as other CROs, not so great for those who are no longer entry level but don't have enough experience to be a manager . Had organizational shake up 2 years ago a lot of long time employees left

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate more,

Achievement-oriented workplace with project-based organization

I worked at Rho

ProsCasual but highly motivated workplace, with dedicated and passionate senior leadership always looking for ways to improve the company, and many experienced and skilled coworkers to learn from and bounce ideas off of.

ConsNot all projects receive equal attention or resources. Some internal systems are outdated and not user friendly. Benefits are not on par with what larger companies offer.

Advice to Senior ManagementLack of traditional hierarchy and functional organization has disadvantages as well as advantages. These changes led to substantial turnover among senior personnel, which can be difficult for remaining staff to accommodate.

Worked for Rho? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rho reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rho CEO Laura Helms Reece and Russell W. Helms. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Rho employees.