Rhode Island College

Rhode Island College Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great coworkers but very low pay

Assistant Professor (Former Employee) Providence, RI

ProsMy department was very supportive and people always had an open-door policy. It was not at all like some academic departments that are very political. I also felt like I had a lot of independence and creative freedom, while also getting the peer support I needed. Also, Providence is a great city and has one of the best dining scenes in the region, as well as proximity to Boston, Cape Cod, and NYC.

ConsThe starting salary was extremely low. There was some support for research and professional development, but as a whole this was very minimal and certainly below what would be expected for an institution this large. There are some great students at RIC, but there also a lot who are not prepared for college, which can make the job more challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop greater funding mechanisms to support faculty development and research.

Pretty Good!

Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) Providence, RI

ProsAble to work and get homework done. Meet new people and learn new things.

ConsCan be a little busy but not bad. little drama here and there.

student

Prosvery supportive staff. small class room.

Consparking in campus is terrible

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat employer to work with

Consnot many to report, overall great experience

Perks of being a Graduate Student

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) Providence, RI

ProsThe staff and faculty of RIC are a very freindly group of professionals. Hoursly wages for grad aides are OK at $12. Or, as a grad assistant you can have your tuition waived. Great and respectful working environment in a convenient location!

ConsThere are other, higher-profile graduate schools where being a grad assistant means waived in addition to a generous stipend - RIC simply cannot afford that.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek funding to improve grad student benefits. Perhaps for a graduate union, like URI.

Worked for Rhode Island College? Contribute to the Community!