Rhythm Engineering Reviews

Rhythm Engineering CEO Reggie Chandra
Reggie Chandra

Visionary Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This would be a billion-dollar company if it was in the Silicon Valley. While being founded and built in Kansas City, Rhythm is an exponential-growth company with a global vision. I feel ownership of the vision and get to make a difference.

Cons

I am seeing a host of new operational structures established to build foundation for significant growth in the next two years. Managing growth is tough for any company and management team, but my money is on Rhythm.

Advice to Management

I am sure that the operational structure and Kaizen method that is being adopted is going to enable Rhythm to grow and function at an international level. Lead the way, we support you.

To the future potential employees of Rhythm

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time

Pros

I made some great friends. Great product - could have been a game changer in the industry. Decent work/life balance.

Cons

Where to even begin... If you are looking to apply at this company.. I hope this review finds you first. This place will chew you up and spit you out faster than you can blink. I came into this place starry eyed - wide eyed.. excited to build my career in this "Innovative", "Silicon Valley", "Visionary", "Fast-Paced", "High-Growth" company.. Do. Not. Be. Fooled. It sounds good, it looks great, it’s nice and shiny - but this is just an image.. It’s what's been created to blind the outside looking in. If you are seriously considering this company, I really hope you seriously reconsider. Take a good look at the An Honest Review. I'm not going to take the time to reiterate what this person already wrote - because they hit the nail on the head. My reason for writing this review is to warn any future potential employees that may be looking into this company. This company has a disease. Everyone there, regardless of his or her experience and background has an expiration date. In my time at Rhythm, I saw around 30 people come and go out of a company of less than 50 and 90% of those people were fired. Everybody walks here… it’s just if you’re lucky enough to do it before you get canned. If you care about building a career, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Advice to CEO - Please stop writing your own positive reviews on here. It is more than obvious that the same person is writing them. This is supposed to be a site for honest, helpful reviews. By posting about your own company, you're doing nothing but deceiving those that are on here to get REAL insight on the company.

Great company, vision, culture and management

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering

Pros

Rhythm Engineering is in a very high growth mode. Last year it grew over 80% in top line revenue. In 2015, the company is geared up for a 65% growth rate. The sales people are selling well and operations team is stepping up to meet the increasing demand. People are being hired in various parts of the country as sales and project management professionals. I love the growth. We make positive impact on 4 million motorists daily. 30% reduction in vehicle crashes.

Cons

It is tough on the company culture to sustain these high growth levels. Some people don't want to work at a company where things are changing rapidly to face the growth spurt.

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring project managers across the country. It is a great strategy. We are in 31 states now. Soon we will be in all 50 and Canada.

Visionary company with great culture and values.

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am not micromanaged at all. I have the freedom to innovate and come up with suggestions. The leadership listens.

Cons

The extremely high growth puts a lot of stress on some of the people without sufficient job skills. This puts stress on others because the skilled people have to take up the slack. We never can seem to hire enough good people

Advice to Management

Please consider growing less quicker. More people can keep up that way.

I am Rhythm!!

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am proud to work at Rhythm. Rhythm family, especially the CEO and senior management has been there when I need help. It is a privilege to work for this company. I had several jobs in technology before I came to Rhythm. This is my family and I am proud of it.

Cons

If you are looking for a job and want to just get your 40 in, this is not your home. You won't fit in and you will stick out like a sore thumb. Instead, if you want a career...you may want to consider Rhythm.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating a culture where I can contribute. I take pride in what we do and am honored to be part of the team. I am Rhythm!!

Great Product Poor decisions

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

InSync is possibly the best adaptive system on the market. When the system is installed with working detection and configured properly the results are amazing.

Cons

Greed, changed from industry cameras to a camera that does not work, the clients are having so many issues with the detection and the patches they have had to make to the software and the company is not resolving the issues. Also quit doing improvements to the system and now falling behind the other systems.
    Staff turnover is extremely high with this company and the average time with the company is less than a year, almost 80% turnover since I started including the entire senior management team. Although the company has seen huge growth the senior management and the CEO has not properly staffed the correct departments to make sure the systems were installed within the 90-120 day window. Most of the sales take over 10 months to install due to staffing issues.

Company posts the positive comments to offset the ones written by the employees and its easy to tell the difference.

Advice to Management

It all comes down to the CEO, even though he's not "running the day to day operations" everything must be approved by him.

High-growth, fast-paced company. Honored to be part of this mission.

Current Employee - Kansas in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Kansas in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy the creative thinking and fast-paced growth in the company. I am given responsibility and held accountable to the responsibility. Not much micro-management. I am also given the authority to fulfill my responsibility. The continuous improvement in processes and structures are refreshing. The adoption of the Kaizen method has given me clarity. I am grateful and honored to be part of this great team that is making a difference in this world.

Cons

Rhythm Engineering is probably the fastest-growing company in the Kansas City area. Along with exponential growth comes challenges. If you are someone who find it hard to handle changes and grow with the change, this company is not for you. I love this!!

Advice to Management

I wish we could have company trips (international, of course) again. I know that the sales people were taken to Dominican Republic for their president's club.

HORRIFYING COMPANY

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time

Pros

It WAS a great company. It PREVIOUSLY was exciting, etc. Then... the inevitable....

Cons

The CEO is so greedy. I'm sure that's a sin for a previous pastor. The CEO absolutely treats people horribly. While there are lots of positive reviews here, we need to keep it in context. The HONEST REVIEW really hits it on the head. THE MAN IS CRAZY. I find it very funny, that the territory that is home to this company - REFUSES to use him. His attitude has preceded him. He is NOT WANTED in the traffic industry. They have clients they are losing daily. People asking to have their system taken out. Wanting their money back. His gig is up!

Advice to Management

I hope that you each find a new job very fast before the ax hits you. It will happen. Rest assured. You may think that you are his best buddy, but he'll stab you in the back in a heart beat. It's been proven.

Terrible culture, worse CEO, and an all around bad company

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are none, unless you want a job with absolutely no job security or positive culture.

Cons

This has to be one of the worst companies in Kansas City. The CEO is his own worst enemy. He's manic, makes unreasonable demands, and will literally fire anyone at any time. The recent management that he has hired on to run the company are even worse than him -- which I never thought could happen. At this company, people walk around knowing that any day could be their last. There is no job security, regardless of how long you have been there, how loyal you have been, or how many contributions you have made to the team. I can not warn someone enough not to take a job here. You will regret it and it will just put you back 6 months or a year in your career development. The positive reviews on here cannot possible be real nor are they accurate. The negative reviews are from actual past and current employees. Seriously, run from this company to another job as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

I would say stand up to those in charge, but then the good managers would just get fired. They are stuck and cannot back their employees in any way.

Dream Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The COO and the CEO are great. Both work together to move the company and the employees forward. There are no employee reviews...but every quarter, you get to sit with your boss and talk about how to grow in the organization. The "Painted Picture of the Future" by the CEO is really great. You are able to see the vision and see where the company is going. I love the work-life balance.

Cons

You need to bring your "A" game to work and contribute to the company. It has a culture of non-tolerance to the "B" players. Life is cool and exciting as long as you do what you promised to do.

Advice to Management

Please follow the "Painted Picture" and the vision of the CEO. He is a genius.

RSS Feed </> Embed