Rhythm Engineering

Rhythm Engineering CEO Reggie Chandra
Reggie Chandra

Dream Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The COO and the CEO are great. Both work together to move the company and the employees forward. There are no employee reviews...but every quarter, you get to sit with your boss and talk about how to grow in the organization. The "Painted Picture of the Future" by the CEO is really great. You are able to see the vision and see where the company is going. I love the work-life balance.

Cons

You need to bring your "A" game to work and contribute to the company. It has a culture of non-tolerance to the "B" players. Life is cool and exciting as long as you do what you promised to do.

Please follow the "Painted Picture" and the vision of the CEO. He is a genius.

Amazing, fast-growing, exciting company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Where to start? The people, the atmosphere, the culture, the mission, the product, the service, the benefits, the paid time off, and so much more.

Cons

The lack of communication on imperative issues with the CEO that allows him to "fire-at-will."

Do not act as if everything is fine if it is not. If something needs to be addressed with someone, address it yourself! This company has the best morale and culture I have ever seen. My supervisor was an amazing person and adviser to me. I was fortunate enough to be a part of such a fast growing and successful company and to help the company with the success, professionally and in celebration. The only issue I had was with the CEO, and unfortunately I know that I am one of six other people to have had this particular issue. I was genuinely hopeful that the previous reviews I had read on GlassDoor (before I accepted the position) were wrong. Unfortunately, I also became a victim of his “fire-at-will” behavior. With such a thriving corporation and such wonderful, intelligent and down to earth people, I feel (along with everyone who knows of this happening) that I was personally attacked and faulted for mistakes that were never made, just so the CEO could have a reason to let me go. Apparently this is an ongoing and vicious process for anyone who works directly for the CEO (more specifically with his calendar). It was worth the time that I worked for him, just being able to connect with all the amazing people that I did. I would do it all over again if the CEO were not someone I had to try and please all the time, all the while being in fear of losing my job even while I was doing everything he asked. Overall, this company is an outstanding place to be. If the position for which you are applying does not involve working directly for the CEO, I would give my highest recommendation. Otherwise, I would recommend working for a different company.

Unfortunately, you can't rate below 1

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only Pros I have seen is people keep leaving. Always the same - nothing different. These reviews bug the crap out of the CEO. He doesn't like to lose. He'll keep having others post positive comments... until he wins. Good luck with that one, RC.

Cons

CEO. Just because he isn't around much, doesn't mean he's not running the show. All looks good. Feel sorry for the COO... he'll be gone before you know it.

JUMP SHIP!

The company has assigned an intern to post these glowing reviews. They all kind of sound the same don't they?

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a job, not a career. Constant changeover in executives, random firings for no appraent reason other than the CEO got out of the wrong side of the bed.

Cons

No new products, analysis paralysis, constantly doing or not doing the same things over and over and over and expecting different results. "Dreaming" new products, throwing good money at them, only to cancel them. Randomly picking financial goals out of the air because the CEO can "dream it".

Seek professional help

Glad to be part of the team!

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the mission, vision and values of the company. Bringing loved ones to their destination safer and faster is something to be proud of. The people are very courteous and nice. They are also very professional and willing to work together to scale and grow the company. This is one job in my career that I find that I make a meaningful contribution.

Cons

I love it here! I haven't found anything negative in this place. There are no politics and back-stabbing.

I have nothing to add. I am very satisfied in my position.

Innovative, exciting company.

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the definite pros are visionary and innovative CEO, freedom for innovation, great office culture, great and fun people, Things are really fast and you have infinite space to grow.

Cons

The company grew 70% in 2014. The hyper growth puts stresses on the entire organization and systems...especially operations. Delivery of solutions is always a catch-up game. The growth is organic without outside investment and I think the management does a reasonable job.

I wish there was more training for employees.

Great company. Easily the BEST I've worked for.

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I get to contribute something very meaningful to our community. I am a part of a highly-motivated team that has a very clear vision to change how traffic flows in the USA and the world. I am not micro-managed. I am always given credit for what I contribute to the team.

Cons

None! I'm ecstatic that I get to work this group of passionate people.

I would recommend bringing in outside investors and venture capitalists and plan on going global. I can see another Garmin-sized company in the making.

Amazing culture. Great place to work. Excellent mission, vision and values.

Current Employee - Administrative in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Administrative in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Glad to be working here. The management team is great. The vision and mission are great. The review-feedback system is great. I am very pleased with the benefits.

Cons

This company is not for people who are just looking for a "job." The mission of the company has to be your passion or you won't fit in. This company is not for everyone.

I love the weekly hot lunches. I love the little things you do to make team members feel at home and special.

I Love my job! I Love Rhythm Engineering

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The management team is brilliant. The CEO is humble and leads well. He often admits that he's in new territory and that he is not qualified to lead the company. He is actively looking to replace himself. The R&D leader calls himself "Puffy" and considers himself the dumbest person in the room. The Operations leader truly cares for people. I have a unique role and my contributions matter to moving Rhythm Engineering forward. I am not micro managed. The quarterly reviews are great. The mission of the company is meaningful and makes a difference to the motorists. I love Rhythm Engineering!

Cons

Absolutely none! Lets keep on growing!

I love you guys! Keep on being real and lets bring loved ones to their destination safer and faster!!

The Company genuinely cares about employees! I feel grateful to have found this place. I plan on retiring here.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working for Rhythm Engineering over 4 years. The company is only 7 years old. I have seen the benefits increase steadily year-over-year. Starting with health then vision, dental, life insurance and this year a 401K match has been added. My salary has increased by 86%! The bonus plan is great as well.

Last year, I benefited from the company sponsored Dave Ramsey course. The CEO is talking about introducing the "Dream Manager" system that helps employees fulfill their dreams.

The best thing about working here is that I'm not micromanaged. The level of trust is very high and you really have to mess up royally before you get into trouble. I take pride in what I do to help bring loved ones to their destination faster and safer.

The company growth is exponential. From 2008, revenues have grown year-over-year consistently. In 2014, it looks like the company is going to have a 100% growth. The management team intends to grow the company by 65% year-over-year for the next 5 years. I am very please to contribute to this growth.

At its heart, regardless of the revenue growth, the company is organized and managed as a startup company. No frills, no outside investors telling us what to do, lean workforce, organic growth clearly mark the company as one of the best startup organizations in Kansas City.

The CEO is a very smart and humble engineer and businessman. I constantly hear him say that he is not qualified to lead the company, he has never been in this position before and needs to fire himself and find a better qualified CEO. I disagree. He invented/came up with the idea for the product(s) that the company sells. His vision for future products is wicked awesome. After watching his business acumen closely for 4 years, I am convinced that he is one of the best and brightest business people in Kansas City.

Cons

Cons?! You are kidding me! I love Rhythm Engineering and will bleed for this company. I love the growth journey of this company. It is like watching your baby grow.

Onward and upward folks! Carpe diem!

Rhythm Engineering Photos