Rhythm Engineering

Updated November 19, 2014
3.8

Rhythm Engineering CEO Reggie Chandra
Reggie Chandra

Great company. Easily the BEST I've worked for.

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I get to contribute something very meaningful to our community. I am a part of a highly-motivated team that has a very clear vision to change how traffic flows in the USA and the world. I am not micro-managed. I am always given credit for what I contribute to the team.

Cons

None! I'm ecstatic that I get to work this group of passionate people.

I would recommend bringing in outside investors and venture capitalists and plan on going global. I can see another Garmin-sized company in the making.

Amazing culture. Great place to work. Excellent mission, vision and values.

Current Employee - Administrative in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Administrative in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Glad to be working here. The management team is great. The vision and mission are great. The review-feedback system is great. I am very pleased with the benefits.

Cons

This company is not for people who are just looking for a "job." The mission of the company has to be your passion or you won't fit in. This company is not for everyone.

I love the weekly hot lunches. I love the little things you do to make team members feel at home and special.

I Love my job! I Love Rhythm Engineering

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management team is brilliant. The CEO is humble and leads well. He often admits that he's in new territory and that he is not qualified to lead the company. He is actively looking to replace himself. The R&D leader calls himself "Puffy" and considers himself the dumbest person in the room. The Operations leader truly cares for people. I have a unique role and my contributions matter to moving Rhythm Engineering forward. I am not micro managed. The quarterly reviews are great. The mission of the company is meaningful and makes a difference to the motorists. I love Rhythm Engineering!

Cons

Absolutely none! Lets keep on growing!

I love you guys! Keep on being real and lets bring loved ones to their destination safer and faster!!

Very innovative company with Mission that inspires all

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering

Pros

I have been working with this company and alongside the staff for almost a year now and I have loved every minute. To work with these inspiring employees is truly a blessing. Each one of the employees works hard to achieve the mission of the company and the CEO to change the world one intersection at a time. This team is one that can certainly get it done. It is a privilege to be a part of this team.

Cons

I really do not have anything negative to say.

Keep doing what you are doing and live the Mission.

Very Innovative Company. It is a pleasure to take care of the customers.

Current Employee - Sales in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Sales in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The solutions that we offer clients are very effective and save lives. The products are an easy sell. The performance and efficiency can not be ignored. I am honored to represent this company and their products to our prospects. The sales and marketing leadership is one of the best I've seen for a long time. Very similar to the Sensormatic culture and products. I am very bullish on this companey

Cons

Challenges are that we sell to government and the deals take a while to materialize. When they do materialize, its a big deal.

Thanks for maintaining a culture of taking care of the clients first. Keep the clients first and we will soon solve the traffic signal problems in the US.

The Company genuinely cares about employees! I feel grateful to have found this place. I plan on retiring here.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working for Rhythm Engineering over 4 years. The company is only 7 years old. I have seen the benefits increase steadily year-over-year. Starting with health then vision, dental, life insurance and this year a 401K match has been added. My salary has increased by 86%! The bonus plan is great as well.

Last year, I benefited from the company sponsored Dave Ramsey course. The CEO is talking about introducing the "Dream Manager" system that helps employees fulfill their dreams.

The best thing about working here is that I'm not micromanaged. The level of trust is very high and you really have to mess up royally before you get into trouble. I take pride in what I do to help bring loved ones to their destination faster and safer.

The company growth is exponential. From 2008, revenues have grown year-over-year consistently. In 2014, it looks like the company is going to have a 100% growth. The management team intends to grow the company by 65% year-over-year for the next 5 years. I am very please to contribute to this growth.

At its heart, regardless of the revenue growth, the company is organized and managed as a startup company. No frills, no outside investors telling us what to do, lean workforce, organic growth clearly mark the company as one of the best startup organizations in Kansas City.

The CEO is a very smart and humble engineer and businessman. I constantly hear him say that he is not qualified to lead the company, he has never been in this position before and needs to fire himself and find a better qualified CEO. I disagree. He invented/came up with the idea for the product(s) that the company sells. His vision for future products is wicked awesome. After watching his business acumen closely for 4 years, I am convinced that he is one of the best and brightest business people in Kansas City.

Cons

Cons?! You are kidding me! I love Rhythm Engineering and will bleed for this company. I love the growth journey of this company. It is like watching your baby grow.

Onward and upward folks! Carpe diem!

Great Company to work for! It's good to be part of a solid team!

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time

Pros

Great growing company. Opportunity to learn and work with upcoming and varied technologies. It is refreshing to work with such a competent team that really knows their stuff. Training is very thorough and while you get a great amount of facts thrown your way you come out prepared to handle any project that you are tasked with.

Cons

We are quite busy so currently we need to add effective people to handle the project load. This is a good problem to have because the business is healthy and we are very busy! We need to hire more talented engineers and technicians.

Let's keep going in the right direction and continue to hire top talent to grow our team.

Great Company, Big Goals

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rhythm isn't for everyone, but I love it here. If you are someone who just wants a job, then you might think twice about applying. But if you want to be part of a company that really can change the world, then this is it. People who believe in what we are doing, can think for themselves, be creative and have an entrepreneurial spirit are successful here. Great products, great coworkers, a big vision for the future and lots of healthy growth. We have good leadership, we are hiring right, we're paid well with decent benefits, and the best part is working with people that really believe in what we are doing.

Cons

Rhythm isn't a corporate environment, and expectations are that you'll work hard when you're there. If you don't have an entrepreneurial approach to life then it might not be for you.

Keep it going. We are hiring smart and right, management is doing well, we are growing in a good way, and taking care of our people.

Great Company! I am glad I landed here...really!!

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wow! Where do I start?! The people are amazing! The R&D boss is like Austin Powers...bald head and calls himself "Puffy." Love it! CEO says that he is under-qualified and needs to fire himself...very open and transparent, fast-scaling company. Generous as well. Rhythm even gave me bonuses even during a down year. This is truly an entrepreneurial company. Very sexy.

Cons

Trouble is people leave large companies in the region to join Rhythm and large companies and fast-growth companies have nothing in common. Rhythm needs to just not hire bodies with a great resume...wait for the right entrepreneurial spirit.

Please don't hire "resumes" like you have before. People who look good but can't execute. You hire them and then you can't help but fire them because they can't execute. I wish I had an answer for you...but this is a challenge for all high-growth companies.

Innovative company. Glad to be part of this movement!

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We reduce accidents by 30%. I get to be a part of this movement that makes a difference to the community around us. Very innovative leadership. Everyone is a contributor. Ideas are vetted and implemented. Very glad to be part of this exponentially-growing community.

Cons

Because of the exponential growth, we are constantly looking for talent. I think it is tough to find the right kind of talent in Kansas City. I feel that sometimes, we compromise on quality to satisfy the immediate need. I wish we were located in the Silicon Valley.

Wow! You guys are awesome. Keep up the transparency and good work.

Rhythm Engineering Photos