Ricca Chemical

www.riccachemical.com

Ricca Chemical Reviews

1.4

Peter J. Ricca

Ricca cares for its employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Ricca Chemical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ricca has allowed me and people in my department to suggest ways to bring in modern technology and hew ideas. They care about employees. Once, we (me and 4 other guys in my area) had worked a lot of hours over 3 months, and when the owner found out, the send a handwritten note to our wives, thanking them for their sacrifice of our time, and included several gift cards for the whole family.

Cons

I like it here. No cons to speak of.

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Production Planner in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Production Planner in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ricca Chemical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Set hours and good co-workers, appreciation dinner once a year, $100 cash bonus at the end of the year...

Cons

very low compenation, expects you to do the work of three people WAY below the average pay grade, management is manipulative and back stabbing, sales and customer service representatives will make promises someone else has to keep and throw you under the bus if it doesn't happen, skilled labor positions are described as "replacable or a dime a dozen", no respect for subordinates.

There are no company values. Customers are only valued by the amount of money they spend per year. It's the most miserable place to work at. Each department thinks it is in charge and will run over whomever to make themselves look like they are the saving grace...

Ugh! BEWARE!! Do Not Work Here!

I worked at Ricca Chemical full-time

Pros

None, none none, none, none

Cons

Dirty plant, dirty talking people, loud music, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. Owner does not care about the employee's. Mgmt not willing to spend any money to implement processes and Supply chain principals to make things easier.

Get a clue, you are a complete loser! You have no idea how to run a company!

Daily beat down from a secretary without a high school diploma to a college graduate with near 20 years experience in fi

Current Employee - Chemist in Pocomoke City, MD
    Current Employee - Chemist in Pocomoke City, MD

I have been working at Ricca Chemical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

ONE-continued employment at a recession -proof job(notice i didn't use the term CAREER)

Cons

SAFETY-there not only is a blatent disregard for safety at the plant level, there is a TOTAL disregard for even the most minor of suggestions to improve.....we call it "barely legal" around here, if they can get away with shoing an auditor the bare minimum for compliance they will do JUST THAT and NOTHING else

KILL YOURSELF

Do not work here!

Former Employee - Buyer/Planner in Batesville, IN
    Former Employee - Buyer/Planner in Batesville, IN

I worked at Ricca Chemical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Really nothing positive comes to mind.

Cons

Lying terrible upper management, no technology, everything is done manually. I have hurt my carrer by going to this terrible company.

Terreble pay, they do not want to invest any money in this sham of a company. Dirty unhealthy for a chemical plant, not very attentive to safety. Also the employees I worked with used filthy language played loud sickening music all the time.

Get a clue, you have a terrible company, it was very bad experience working there. My advice to anyone is do not work for this company.

manager

I have been working at Ricca Chemical

Pros

good people working there trying to do their best

Cons

bad management, they fight too much between them, safety

get better communication at top management

Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Chemist in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Chemist in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Ricca Chemical

Pros

A great opening for people to start their career. One can learn about the basics of production plant.

Cons

Unsafe working conditions. Terrible planning leaves workers to be over worked. Work load is inappropriate at times. Hardly any positive motivation in the environment leaves employee's any moral or desire to continue working for them.

Look to working on making a new system that improves efficiency. Make better planning that facilitate with the packaging and the rest of production instead of sending an overflow or work that makes the system bottleneck.

Don't do it, even if financial times are hard...you'd come out better at the grocery store (even if you have a degree)

Former Employee - Chemist in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Chemist in Arlington, TX

I worked at Ricca Chemical

Pros

Small company so you get to know all the people who work there

If your idea of excelling is brown-nosing then this is the place for you. The "yes man" is highly admired by management...even when they know they are not qualified.

Get benefits

Cons

Management: Never have an idea that did not come from your manager, because that will be looked on as a threat (at that point, don't even entertain the thought of having a future there! because you won't). This is not the place for hard workers who value themselves...there's no room for you to grow professionally. The people who work the hardest are they ones that get fired first. If you don't tolerate nonsense, you will be labeled combative and counter-productive.

Safety: For the type of manufacturing company it is, having a safe work enviornment is not at the top of the must-have list...actually is doesn't make the list. And it should!

Leadership in general: The President's only motivation is "as long as it makes me money".
    Change: Due to the lack of promoting qualified candidates to leadership positions, the only changes made are to "delegate" to knowlegeable candidates the tasks the leader cannot coomplete and take away the necessary skill sets you need to learn as a degreed individual: troubleshooting.

Integrity: And that is why morale sucks in every department.

Get management that actually has "Management Skills" and promote from within. Strong individuals are the backbone and give your company the "quality" product you claim to manufacture. Investigate complaints regarding management...stop penalizing your workers for the poor morale created by your managers. Different personalities rarely make the same complaints about one person.

Ricca Chemical Beware

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Arlington, TX

I worked at Ricca Chemical

Pros

Ricca is a very small organization and most employees there are honest hard working people. It a great opportunity for individual without a degree. You can start as a packager and become a supervisor with no college education.

Cons

Ricca's management team is looking for"yes" men. If you are someone who has new ideas or someone with your own ideas then you probably will not be working there long. You have a president that wants to micro-manage every operation of the company. The president does not understand management principles because the president has informed supervisor's when he was going to fire upper mangement. Totally unprofessional.

They company has meeting to ask employees to meet goals and promise to reward them. When the goals are met, the company does not keep thier word. This is one reason most employees are not engaged when they arrive to work.

Re-think your managment strategy, and hire managers with degrees in the area in which they are to work. Stop blaming your people and fix your system.

It isn't how hard you work, it is the butt you kiss

Current Employee - Chemist
    Current Employee - Chemist

I have been working at Ricca Chemical

Pros

Small company
    Independant work
    President willing to listen to anyone about anything

Cons

Hard work is not rewarded
    Tenure, not how well you do your job, is how raises are given
    Unwilling to provide safety equipment like disposable gloves!!!!

Reward those people who work very hard so that they will stay.