Ricerca Biosciences LLC

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robin Smith Hoke

Tumultuous due to uncertain financial status

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Concord Township, OH

ProsSome of the employees are paid better than industry standard

ConsPay inequity for new employees, skeletal staff due to recent RIFs

Advice to Senior Managementopen your eyes and invest in the business, re-evaluate wages so there aren't as many discrepancies within pay grades, listen to experienced staff and quit looking outside for advice, live in the future not in the past...stop maintaining the old ways or operating...it didn't work.

Run for the hills!

Principal Scientist (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsConsidering what I know now, the pay and benefits were actually semi-on-par with other similar companies. They did low ball the employees on a 401 K match and dental coverage at least at the time of my working there, became non-existent. Most of the non-management employees were good hard working people. The place is full of competent scientist who are diligent about their work. Unfortunately, the company has no means or apparent desire to retain talented scientist. Most of these kinds of people, at the first opportunity, leave for much greener pastures.

ConsThe management at this place kill any joy that may be found. In my 22 years of being a Ph.D. scientist, I have worked in at least 8 different locations. The level of selfishness and outright lack of empathy for lower level employees was second to none. When times get a little rough and contracts are not abundant - these guys can think of no other solution to stem the tide other than whacking people off of the payroll. As your unemployed and your wife and kids are eating saltines for dinner, you can bet that their end of year bonuses and management perks will not be effected. Absolutely abhorrent, dead souled people, that I hope to never meet again. Lastly, forget about raises...unless your in management of course.

Advice to Senior ManagementPray that there is no God in heaven. Because if there is, I'd hate to be about 80% of you.

Poor Ricerca Employees

ProsNice working people, challenging projects, learned and practiced a lot!

ConsPoor and greedy management. Promotions based on if your supervisor likes you. Most hard working and proficient employees have been squeezed out of company. Management just close eyes and made up their plans. Never tried seriously to listen to people. Could not figure out a clue except lay-offs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to listen to your people who are still there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Why I Came & Why I Stay

ProsExcellent leadership and coworkers; Work-life balance; Exciting future!

ConsI can not think of any Cons for Ricerca

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating.

Very poor future.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Concord, Lake, OH

ProsAt least the end is in sight. Maybe then we can all move on to more productive lives and jobs. Just when you think things may be getting better a new edict comes down to lower morale to new lows. Anyone considering working here better realize that this company only wants to be the low price pharma through not giving the people a raise for almost 6 years. Have you ever heard of such a place? I think not.

ConsNo raises for almost 6 years for the ordinary people. Large retentive bonus for the upper management only. Three presidents in 15 months with a fourth one due any time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair to all, not just the big-wigs..

Ricerca Making Excellent Improvements in 2013 and Growing Stronger

Director (Current Employee)

ProsI am relatively new and have worked for several CRO's from startups to market leaders. With many key improvements initiated by new senior management and very experienced consultants the decisions will yield excellent results for the staff, the strength of the company, sustainability to increase growth and will expand and bolster services for clients over the coming quarters and years. In my experience the client satisfaction and retention rates are very high compared to other CRO/CMO's. From a client perspective nearly everyone who has worked with Ricerca will agree about the integrity of the people of Ricerca, who are excellent at their work, very friendly, practical, creative, and dedicated. I feel confident stating that if you can earnestly say you are eager to do great work and have a good work ethic, then working at Ricerca can help you develop a quality career. There are a lot of bright spots here that are often overlooked. I believe Ricerca is highly underrated and is a quality organization doing great work, under the radar.

ConsThe morale is lower than it should be from past years of uncertaintity and some re-organization that should have been more effective, which is understandable.Nearly all of this is in the past. Most will find that there are always some unhappy staff members in any lab for legitimate and sometimes less than relevant reasons. It is true there were some very talented scientists who are no longer part of the team but there are also a lot of very talented, bright, experienced and dedicated scientists doing excellent work. As the company increases profitability there will absolutely be a continued need to add staff, new instruments and capabilities thereby creating new management and career opportunities as well as increasing salaries and making the schedules more flexble, etc. Most of the difficult choices have been made and the company is headed in the right direction. This is exemplified in the fact that the past few quarters have shown excellent trending growth to nearly record highs. The impact of the new changes have been difficult for many who have endured but the new trend is back to growth and the future is bright.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be upbeat and communicate confidence while driving the company into increasing profitability while continuing to support excellent scientific services that consistently add value.

Wonderful experience with Ricerca Biosciences LLC.

Manager (Former Employee) Concord Township, OH

ProsRicerca uses cutting edge technology and has assembled some truly outstanding scientists that possess true passion for their work. Ricerca is a great place to work if you want to work on interesting projects that really make a difference. Lot's of really smart and accomplished professionals who thrive working in a high involvement working environment.

ConsRicerca is not a real large company and so the number of opportunities available may be somewhat restricted by size. However, I will say that leadership supports talent development and movement within and among the different functional groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Great people

Associate Scientist (Current Employee) Concord Township, OH

ProsThe people are great, not the higher ups though.

ConsNo special perks in working here. Don't expect bonuses, raises or gift cards or anything, not even 401k match.

Learned a lot, not appreciated though

Associate Scientist III (Former Employee) Concord Township, OH

ProsLearned a lot of things

ConsNot appreciated, lot of politics, silos

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your people

The worst palce to work.

Associate Scientist III (Current Employee) Concord Township, OH

ProsVery few that come to mind.

ConsExpected to have your life revolve around the company while directors put in very little time on site.

Scientists are treated very poorly by management and overworked, Holidays included.

Advice to Senior Managementwhy bother, they could careless.

Worked for Ricerca Biosciences LLC? Contribute to the Community!