Rich Products Reviews

Updated July 22, 2014
Updated July 22, 2014

3.7

Bill Gisel Jr.

Engaging, friendly, and helpful, the Marketing and Sourcing departments displayed a very positive work environment.

Current Employee - Marketing and Contract Manufacturing Support  in  Saint Simons Island, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing and Contract Manufacturing Support in Saint Simons Island, GA

I have been working at Rich Products as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Office culture is top notch; I honestly didn't think an office could be both so friendly and productive until I got here.
    The mantra of treating everyone like family is certainly true in the marketing department down here on St. Simons Island; I don't know about any other locations.
    Even as an intern, I was never treated as just an intern, I wasn't there just to fetch coffee--they gave me meaningful work and provided as much help as I needed to complete it; plus they went out of their way to invite me to meetings so that I could gain more experience, even if it didn't directly relate to any work they were going to assign me.

Cons

I don't think I experienced any firsthand.
    I'm curious to see how it varies by location and department though. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the plants get a little rough.

I can't think of anything that needs fixing from my (limited) perspective.

Great Company

I have been working at Rich Products

Pros

Great people - small company family focused.

Cons

small company - think small high school everyone knows everyone - gossip etc.

Better communication and transparency with employees at every level.

Operations organization is very political

I have been working at Rich Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work itself is challenging and there is plenty of work. Pay and benefits are fair. The company is growing and there is a lot of change.

Cons

Rich's talks the talk about being a great "people " company, however it comes up way short on "walking the walk" . There are a few "favorites" who bend managements ear and management listens to these managers.

Bill Gisel does not come to the plants and does not visit with employees. He relies too much on managers to tell him a positive story about how great every thing is...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I worked at Rich Products as an intern

Pros

Great company to work with. Best manager ever.

Cons

I dont find any cons during my stay

HELP !!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Rich Products

Pros

First off let me say I like what RICHS stands for. Their policies and procedures are top notch. I've met really knowledgeable and helpful people who have gone out of there way to train and help when I needed it. Corporate trainers and assciates from sister plants are great for the most part.

Cons

There seems to be serious disconnect from management to the floor. We've been under RICHS for almost 2 years and not much has changed. Yes we appreciate the little raise we got.it was a kind gesture. We are still over worked you preach we are family yet you work us to death. You might as well be our family because we hardly see ours.I feel HR is involved way too much in day to day operations here in Santa Ana. Let operations run operations.

Is come out and talk to the associates working the front lines not the managers. Talk to your Mechanics, Team Leaders, Line leads and Operators. We are the back bone of your company Mr. Rich. Without us there is no RICHS. Yes we can be replaced, because no one is irreplaceable. Although you will lose good people who enjoy and like working for your company and what you stand for because engagement is seriously lacking here from upper management. Lastly, yes I would recommend people to work for your company because its a good place to work. You need more RICHS trained associates here too much if the old mentality is still here im afraid.

It was a great place to work, with wonderful corporate culture.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Rich Products as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very interactive team work environment.

Cons

Sometime, people chat too much during the working hours.

Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Rich Products as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Learned a lot of real world experience, flexible around school, willingness to teach

Cons

people were always in meetings making it hard to find time to meet with one another, poor communication in my division- lead to tension between the upper level employees

reccomend fixing the "meetings before meetings" approach

Treating you like family...

I have been working at Rich Products full-time

Pros

It is a flat organization so you have very few layers between you and top management. It is a large international organization with opportunities both on the retail and food service side of the food business.

Cons

It is a flat organization so there are very limited opportunities for advancement. The motto for the company for has always been "treating customers and associates like family", but that doesn't really ring as true as it once did.

Grave Yard Shift and no Respect

Former Employee - Employee  in  Fountain Inn, SC
    Former Employee - Employee in Fountain Inn, SC

I worked at Rich Products as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Free Frozen Pizza and Subway Flat bread

Cons

They have the wrong people in the supervisor positions. I got sick with the flu. I had no insurance. I was not going to go to the ER just to get a note saying i was sick and get a 150 co pay for being there. At the time I was behind on bills behind on everything. So every paycheck was gone in 2 seconds. When I told the supervisor. I was told. "You're making this up. what if i hire you and you do this again."

If the Employee has never been late and has never had any problems actions wise. And had to leave once because of children. And doesn't have insurance. and was sick and showed up to work sick. And still you fire your people. Good luck.

Learning experience

I worked at Rich Products

Pros

Rich's had a great culture and many great individuals to work with.

Cons

Not many employment opportunities or growth in your envirioment.

Worked for Rich Products? Contribute to the Community!