Rich Products Reviews

Reset
Bill Gisel Jr.

1. Rich Products

I have been working at Rich Products full-time

Pros

Location, coworkers, benefits, flexibility, busy

Cons

no local grow, inconsistent requests

2. Treating you like family...

I have been working at Rich Products full-time

Pros

It is a flat organization so you have very few layers between you and top management. It is a large international organization with opportunities both on the retail and food service side of the food business.

Cons

It is a flat organization so there are very limited opportunities for advancement. The motto for the company for has always been "treating customers and associates like family", but that doesn't really ring as true as it once did.

3. Learning experience

Pros

Rich's had a great culture and many great individuals to work with.

Cons

Not many employment opportunities or growth in your envirioment.

5. I enjoyed working in a fast-paced environment, worked to develop highly effective and engage work-force to ensure custo

Current Employee - Team Leader in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Rich Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Under my first Plant Manager the admiral line was praised for strategically planning and solving throughput problems, he treated our group to breakfast and awards. We were able to building positive relationships with floor associates by giving them the praise and a opportunity to shine.

Cons

I consider myself to be someone who is creative and imaginative, and I enjoy developing new approaches to solve problems. But I needed to recognize that a new approach may be less effective than the tried-and-true. At Rich Products I tried to learn how others were successful before me.

Advice to Management

I offer no advice to management as far as I can tell they are doing just fine, keep up the good work...

Great family company

Former Employee - Sales in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Rich Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work if you are a member of the family!

Cons

Not a great business. Even though they have bee first in many areas, they seem to loose their competitive advantage rather quickly due to continual self congratulation. Much more important to be liked than to be great at your job. Each department has their own agenda which means that you spend more time trying to convince others to pursue business objectives rather than departmental objectives. Many managers will avoid any risk at all cost. Manufacturing lacks consistent quality control and business is often lost due to major QC problems on legacy products.

Advice to Management

Get some real managers who know how to focus the resources of the company. There is no reason beyond this that Rich Products can't be as big as P&G, Heinz, General Foods, General Mills, Smuckers and others.

Not the best company to work for, lots of politics, but not the worst either

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Pros

The on-site daycare is wonderful, I highly recommend it. Great bonus program, but not necessarily based on your own performance, but very generous most years. The hertiage and history of the company is celebrated annually, very well done. The Rich Family is very nice. Bob and Mindy Rich are very nice people. Very good parental leave benefits. A new, colorful, clean and inviting office/work environment Newly remodeled office area Most of the people are very nice Fair pay and compensation for the Buffalo, NY area Very good at allowing associates to be engaged in community service during work time, i.e. Meals on Wheels, etc.

Cons

Very political inside the company Quality of products is not always job #1 Managers are not open to change. Many capital projects are not executed well, often the finances are done too late into the project Managers are out of touch with employees Not many managers are supportive of spending money on training employees, but they will spend tons on sending people to a fancy resort for an off-site meeting. Best practices from employees who come from other companies are not alway followed or welcomed when suggested. Many employees have only worked at Rich's and are not open to new ideas brought in from other companie. They are cheap in some areas but they spend and waste money in other areas of the company. Quality is not always number #1 Hard working people are not promoted as much as those who are loyal to the company or their managers. Knowlege and experience are not as important as those who have a PhD, status, or make their boss look good. A lot of good people have left the company because of poor management. Located in a very bad neighborhood in the City of Buffalo A lot of good people have left because they were tired of management in some departments, promotions are had to come by in some departments due to poltics.

Advice to Management

If you want to be best in class, then train, promote, and invest in your employees like other food companies do.

RSS Feed </> Embed