Rich Products Reviews

1. HELP !!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Rich Products

Pros

First off let me say I like what RICHS stands for. Their policies and procedures are top notch. I've met really knowledgeable and helpful people who have gone out of there way to train and help when I needed it. Corporate trainers and assciates from sister plants are great for the most part.

Cons

There seems to be serious disconnect from management to the floor. We've been under RICHS for almost 2 years and not much has changed. Yes we appreciate the little raise we got.it was a kind gesture. We are still over worked you preach we are family yet you work us to death. You might as well be our family because we hardly see ours.I feel HR is involved way too much in day to day operations here in Santa Ana. Let operations run operations.

Advice to Management

Is come out and talk to the associates working the front lines not the managers. Talk to your Mechanics, Team Leaders, Line leads and Operators. We are the back bone of your company Mr. Rich. Without us there is no RICHS. Yes we can be replaced, because no one is irreplaceable. Although you will lose good people who enjoy and like working for your company and what you stand for because engagement is seriously lacking here from upper management. Lastly, yes I would recommend people to work for your company because its a good place to work. You need more RICHS trained associates here too much if the old mentality is still here im afraid.

2. Treating you like family...

I have been working at Rich Products full-time

Pros

It is a flat organization so you have very few layers between you and top management. It is a large international organization with opportunities both on the retail and food service side of the food business.

Cons

It is a flat organization so there are very limited opportunities for advancement. The motto for the company for has always been "treating customers and associates like family", but that doesn't really ring as true as it once did.

3. Learning experience

I worked at Rich Products

Pros

Rich's had a great culture and many great individuals to work with.

Cons

Not many employment opportunities or growth in your envirioment.

5. Downsizing

I worked at Rich Products

Pros

Well Paid positions and employee retention

Cons

Long hours, Dirty environment. Sniffing Flour and other cooking ingredients.

Advice to Management

Get it together.

6. Rich is a great learning experience for me to learn new things.

Current Employee - CIP Operator
    Current Employee - CIP Operator

I have been working at Rich Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rich has great job security and a good progression programs to advance within the company.

Cons

The downside for was that Rich doesn't have a plant in Atlanta Ga.

7. I enjoyed working in a fast-paced environment, worked to develop highly effective and engage work-force to ensure custo

Current Employee - Team Leader in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Rich Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Under my first Plant Manager the admiral line was praised for strategically planning and solving throughput problems, he treated our group to breakfast and awards. We were able to building positive relationships with floor associates by giving them the praise and a opportunity to shine.

Cons

I consider myself to be someone who is creative and imaginative, and I enjoy developing new approaches to solve problems. But I needed to recognize that a new approach may be less effective than the tried-and-true. At Rich Products I tried to learn how others were successful before me.

Advice to Management

I offer no advice to management as far as I can tell they are doing just fine, keep up the good work...

8. The company is great. The people could be better.

Current Employee - Warehouseman in Fountain Inn, SC
    Current Employee - Warehouseman in Fountain Inn, SC

I have been working at Rich Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rich Product Corporation talks a big game about being like family. They have not fallen short on anything they've stated. The work place is satisfactory and the goals are realistic. The company as a whole definitely lives up to its promise.

Cons

The company itself is satisfactory but some of the leadership should be evaluated. I work well with my team and have no trouble giving them direction but communication with my team leader is little to nonexistent due to the fact that the lead neglects to communicate what needs to be done in a clear manner.

Advice to Management

The advice i would give this company is the evaluate all of its employees on all levels. I suggest that a Team or Shift Lead should be evaluated and that the company should inquire about them from the employees who take instruction from them and not necessarily the person who hired them.

Like a family, including the dysfunction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Rich Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family-owned. The company treats its employees as family. Makes an effort to help you feel like you're part of the family. Nice working environment. Benefits beyond what you'd expect for a company their size, including on-site day care. Good bonus program. Co-workers and most managers were outstanding people. Lots of learning opportunities.

Cons

The company treats its employees as family, whether functional or dysfunctional. At senior and middle management power, politics and loyalty are valued above performance. Loyal, dysfunctional managers are kept too long at the expense of associates and the company. Associates with experience and great ideas are ignored in favor of consultants. Hard decisions are put off. Associates have to work harder, not smarter and work / life balance suffers.

Advice to Management

Be bold. Move much more quickly to minimize the effects of dysfunction. Put politics aside. Reward great ideas, not just heroism.

Dysfunctional family

I worked at Rich Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and bonus structure were pretty good
    Most coworkers in actual manufacturing sites were great and very friendly

Cons

Favoritism abounds it's more about your ability to be liked and say yes to upper management and not your skills, dedication and consistent ability to deliver results. Upper management is disconnected from reality in the plants and is afraid of outside buffalo thinking, process improvements and root cause analysis

Advice to Management

Stop hiring and promoting the yes man and don't be afraid of the person who has the backbone to say no and tell you when your wrong when it's the right thing to do

11. Great company with excellent reputation

Current Employee - Regional Chain Account Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Chain Account Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Rich Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well known in the foodservice industry and supports employees with great resources.

Cons

Nothing that would deter someone from pursuing opportunities to work there.

RSS Feed </> Embed