Rich Products

Updated January 16, 2015
Updated January 16, 2015
3.9

Bill Gisel Jr.

It was a great place to work, with wonderful corporate culture.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Rich Products as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very interactive team work environment.

Cons

Sometime, people chat too much during the working hours.

Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Rich Products as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot of real world experience, flexible around school, willingness to teach

Cons

people were always in meetings making it hard to find time to meet with one another, poor communication in my division- lead to tension between the upper level employees

reccomend fixing the "meetings before meetings" approach

Treating you like family...

I have been working at Rich Products full-time

Pros

It is a flat organization so you have very few layers between you and top management. It is a large international organization with opportunities both on the retail and food service side of the food business.

Cons

It is a flat organization so there are very limited opportunities for advancement. The motto for the company for has always been "treating customers and associates like family", but that doesn't really ring as true as it once did.

Grave Yard Shift and no Respect

Former Employee - Employee in Fountain Inn, SC
    Former Employee - Employee in Fountain Inn, SC

I worked at Rich Products as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Free Frozen Pizza and Subway Flat bread

Cons

They have the wrong people in the supervisor positions. I got sick with the flu. I had no insurance. I was not going to go to the ER just to get a note saying i was sick and get a 150 co pay for being there. At the time I was behind on bills behind on everything. So every paycheck was gone in 2 seconds. When I told the supervisor. I was told. "You're making this up. what if i hire you and you do this again."

If the Employee has never been late and has never had any problems actions wise. And had to leave once because of children. And doesn't have insurance. and was sick and showed up to work sick. And still you fire your people. Good luck.

Learning experience

I worked at Rich Products

Pros

Rich's had a great culture and many great individuals to work with.

Cons

Not many employment opportunities or growth in your envirioment.

Downsizing

I worked at Rich Products

Pros

Well Paid positions and employee retention

Cons

Long hours, Dirty environment. Sniffing Flour and other cooking ingredients.

Get it together.

Rich is a great learning experience for me to learn new things.

Current Employee - CIP Operator
    Current Employee - CIP Operator

I have been working at Rich Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Rich has great job security and a good progression programs to advance within the company.

Cons

The downside for was that Rich doesn't have a plant in Atlanta Ga.

The company is great. The people could be better.

Current Employee - Warehouseman in Fountain Inn, SC
    Current Employee - Warehouseman in Fountain Inn, SC

I have been working at Rich Products full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Rich Product Corporation talks a big game about being like family. They have not fallen short on anything they've stated. The work place is satisfactory and the goals are realistic. The company as a whole definitely lives up to its promise.

Cons

The company itself is satisfactory but some of the leadership should be evaluated. I work well with my team and have no trouble giving them direction but communication with my team leader is little to nonexistent due to the fact that the lead neglects to communicate what needs to be done in a clear manner.

The advice i would give this company is the evaluate all of its employees on all levels. I suggest that a Team or Shift Lead should be evaluated and that the company should inquire about them from the employees who take instruction from them and not necessarily the person who hired them.

I enjoyed working in a fast-paced environment, worked to develop highly effective and engage work-force to ensure custo

Current Employee - Team Leader in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Rich Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Under my first Plant Manager the admiral line was praised for strategically planning and solving throughput problems, he treated our group to breakfast and awards. We were able to building positive relationships with floor associates by giving them the praise and a opportunity to shine.

Cons

I consider myself to be someone who is creative and imaginative, and I enjoy developing new approaches to solve problems. But I needed to recognize that a new approach may be less effective than the tried-and-true. At Rich Products I tried to learn how others were successful before me.

I offer no advice to management as far as I can tell they are doing just fine, keep up the good work...

Like a family, including the dysfunction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Rich Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family-owned. The company treats its employees as family. Makes an effort to help you feel like you're part of the family. Nice working environment. Benefits beyond what you'd expect for a company their size, including on-site day care. Good bonus program. Co-workers and most managers were outstanding people. Lots of learning opportunities.

Cons

The company treats its employees as family, whether functional or dysfunctional. At senior and middle management power, politics and loyalty are valued above performance. Loyal, dysfunctional managers are kept too long at the expense of associates and the company. Associates with experience and great ideas are ignored in favor of consultants. Hard decisions are put off. Associates have to work harder, not smarter and work / life balance suffers.

Be bold. Move much more quickly to minimize the effects of dysfunction. Put politics aside. Reward great ideas, not just heroism.