Richard, Wayne & Roberts

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dick Weiss

Best recruiting firm with great training, high compensation, strong client and candidate contacts, professional.

ProsIt is a great company with good client base and potential for high income and rewarding career.

ConsNot for someone that is not willing to work hard and reap the rewards that come with that. Lots of phone work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing....

A company where you create your own future

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsRichard, Wayne and Roberts truly offers you the opportunity to have your own business while providing you all the administrative support you need

ConsExecutive management is there to give you counsel, let's you make your own decision, recognizes your success and never ever says "I told you so".

Advice to Senior Managementbe open to doing things different now that it is an ESOP

Very Lucrative place to work....

Director (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsRichard Wayne & Roberts has a very recognizable name in the markets they support, due to the tenure of the recruiting team, their desire to be successful and fill searches. Richard, Wayne & Roberts is a fun place to work, where freedom comes with success. If you want a place where you can surround yourself with and learn from some of the best recruiters in the business, go to RWR.

ConsTough place to work if you are not goal oriented, driven, self motivated and willingness to give it your all.

Advice to Senior Managementopen offices in other cities.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Job has provided limitless opportunities for myself and my family!

Senior Executive Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsWork/life balance, flexibility, great for working parents, incredible training, great tenure, one of the best commission structures for a recruiting firm (I had an offer with two others before coming here.) I LOVE my group, they are wonderful people and ethical to the core, no question in my mind. I've made more than double the annual salary that I made in my previous career and it keeps getting better. Company trips and extra incentives are available all year long, year-end performance bonuses. I was fully supported during maternity leave, and the money you can make is limitless. I look forward to sitting down at my desk every morning and catching up with my co-workers. That's more than most people can say about their job.

ConsIn every company, there will be people who aren't doing things the way they should be. With over 70 recruiters in a recruiting firm, there will be situations that arise that aren't always easy to resolve. We have Upper Managment to go to that are very fair individuals. Also, the first year can be difficult for some people, you have to get your desk going, prove yourself, and build your candidates and client contacts, the commission structure also goes up. We have the resources to do this, from systems, to daily, weekly and bi-weekly training, as well as management to go to for guidance. It's much more than making random calls though, we make matches with backgrounds and culture fits and conversations with c-level executives. We have to understand our clients and candidates by building relationships. If you don't like people, this probably isn't the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the training strong and the open door policy always.

Telemarketers & Resume Pushers - No Ethical Boundaries

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsFlexible work environment and you can create your own hours once you prove yourself. Can make a lot of money with little to no talent.

ConsAll the "recruiters" do is telemarket jobs and hope they get someone good. It's a free for all with no direction. Partners will submit anything under the sun - favorite line: "When in doubt send it out."
    Completely unethical and they consistently lie to clients.
    Half the employees are extreme partiers and the other half hold bible studies every morning and openly send out Jesus emails
    Tons of politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to become more professional and take your job seriously. Stop pushing resumes to clients when they are unqualified and making candidates up.

Educational

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Training for a green recruiter.

ConsWork long hours and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Very Rewarding Career

Executive Search Director (Current Employee)
    The Woodlands, TX

ProsRWR is one of the top recruiting firms. They provide an excellent opportunity with support, training and a teamwork environment.

ConsThe only downside comes from if you are not doing what RWR teaches and trains you on, then you will not succeed.

Bad work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood training for inexperienced recruiters - although the ethics there really negate everything you'll learn

ConsThey are very two faced - tell you one thing and do another... Unethical people, terrible work environment/culture and they don't invest anything into their employees.

Admin

Administrative (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsFamily oriented company with tons of perks.

ConsNo cons, It is a good company

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all departments equally.

Being a recruiter at Richard, Wayne & Roberts

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThe training here is top-notch. It is a great place for an inexperienced recruiter to receive mentoring, training and experience.

ConsThe two main managers almost always are openly in conflict with one another. They don't even try to hide their animosity toward one another. The reinforcement either tends to be too positive (a deal goes through and you are the greatest things since sliced bread) or too negative (a deal doesn't go through and it was all your fault).

Advice to Senior ManagementTemper yourselves: to each other and to your recruiters.

Worked for Richard, Wayne & Roberts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Richard, Wayne & Roberts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Richard, Wayne & Roberts CEO Dick Weiss. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Richard, Wayne & Roberts employees.