Richard, Wayne & Roberts

Updated June 18, 2014
Updated June 18, 2014
3.8

Dick Weiss

Best recruiting firm with great training, high compensation, strong client and candidate contacts, professional.

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is a great company with good client base and potential for high income and rewarding career.

Cons

Not for someone that is not willing to work hard and reap the rewards that come with that. Lots of phone work.

Keep doing what your doing....

A company where you create your own future

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time

Pros

Richard, Wayne and Roberts truly offers you the opportunity to have your own business while providing you all the administrative support you need

Cons

Executive management is there to give you counsel, let's you make your own decision, recognizes your success and never ever says "I told you so".

be open to doing things different now that it is an ESOP

Very Lucrative place to work....

Current Employee - Director  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Richard Wayne & Roberts has a very recognizable name in the markets they support, due to the tenure of the recruiting team, their desire to be successful and fill searches. Richard, Wayne & Roberts is a fun place to work, where freedom comes with success. If you want a place where you can surround yourself with and learn from some of the best recruiters in the business, go to RWR.

Cons

Tough place to work if you are not goal oriented, driven, self motivated and willingness to give it your all.

open offices in other cities.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Job has provided limitless opportunities for myself and my family!

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/life balance, flexibility, great for working parents, incredible training, great tenure, one of the best commission structures for a recruiting firm (I had an offer with two others before coming here.) I LOVE my group, they are wonderful people and ethical to the core, no question in my mind. I've made more than double the annual salary that I made in my previous career and it keeps getting better. Company trips and extra incentives are available all year long, year-end performance bonuses. I was fully supported during maternity leave, and the money you can make is limitless. I look forward to sitting down at my desk every morning and catching up with my co-workers. That's more than most people can say about their job.

Cons

In every company, there will be people who aren't doing things the way they should be. With over 70 recruiters in a recruiting firm, there will be situations that arise that aren't always easy to resolve. We have Upper Managment to go to that are very fair individuals. Also, the first year can be difficult for some people, you have to get your desk going, prove yourself, and build your candidates and client contacts, the commission structure also goes up. We have the resources to do this, from systems, to daily, weekly and bi-weekly training, as well as management to go to for guidance. It's much more than making random calls though, we make matches with backgrounds and culture fits and conversations with c-level executives. We have to understand our clients and candidates by building relationships. If you don't like people, this probably isn't the job for you.

Keep the training strong and the open door policy always.

Telemarketers & Resume Pushers - No Ethical Boundaries

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work environment and you can create your own hours once you prove yourself. Can make a lot of money with little to no talent.

Cons

All the "recruiters" do is telemarket jobs and hope they get someone good. It's a free for all with no direction. Partners will submit anything under the sun - favorite line: "When in doubt send it out."
    Completely unethical and they consistently lie to clients.
    Half the employees are extreme partiers and the other half hold bible studies every morning and openly send out Jesus emails
    Tons of politics.

You need to become more professional and take your job seriously. Stop pushing resumes to clients when they are unqualified and making candidates up.

Educational

I worked at Richard, Wayne & Roberts

Pros

Great Training for a green recruiter.

Cons

Work long hours and weekends.

None

Very Rewarding Career

Current Employee - Executive Search Director  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Search Director in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

RWR is one of the top recruiting firms. They provide an excellent opportunity with support, training and a teamwork environment.

Cons

The only downside comes from if you are not doing what RWR teaches and trains you on, then you will not succeed.

Bad work environment

I worked at Richard, Wayne & Roberts

Pros

Good training for inexperienced recruiters - although the ethics there really negate everything you'll learn

Cons

They are very two faced - tell you one thing and do another... Unethical people, terrible work environment/culture and they don't invest anything into their employees.

Admin

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family oriented company with tons of perks.

Cons

No cons, It is a good company

Treat all departments equally.

Being a recruiter at Richard, Wayne & Roberts

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Richard, Wayne & Roberts full-time

Pros

The training here is top-notch. It is a great place for an inexperienced recruiter to receive mentoring, training and experience.

Cons

The two main managers almost always are openly in conflict with one another. They don't even try to hide their animosity toward one another. The reinforcement either tends to be too positive (a deal goes through and you are the greatest things since sliced bread) or too negative (a deal doesn't go through and it was all your fault).

Temper yourselves: to each other and to your recruiters.

Worked for Richard, Wayne & Roberts? Contribute to the Community!