Richfield Hospitality

2.7

Will Loughran

Great place to work

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Over the past year there has been a definite shift in leadership and culture. Team members are empowered to be successful and recognized and rewarded for doing great work.

Cons

Growing pains but on right track for growth

Richfield Hospitality Response

Nov 12, 2014Senior Director of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Great People, Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Senior leadership team listens to their teams, and values their contributions. Working hard to make Richfield a great place to work but communicating, work-life balance and a strong office culture. Highly recommend Richfield!

Cons

We need to get some more hospitality management contracts. Unfortunately, we've lost some key contracts when the former management team left and we need to attract new hotel owners to engage Richfield.

Keep leading by strong example, listen to your associates and continue to make Richfield an employer of choice!

Richfield Hospitality Response

Nov 12, 2014Senior Director of Talent

Great review, thank you!

Turning a corner

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The new corporate management team has really made strides in changing the culture, and is working toward finding talented employees who share their vision. Over the past 10 months I have seen a major change in office environment, where people actually want to come into work!

Cons

The company needs to add new hotels into their portfolio. Work/Life balance is always a challenge with lots of travel.

Continue to communicate the goals and growth of the company to all employees.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company has recently gone through some leadership changes and the results have been positive. I have worked here multiple years and I have had opportunity and support in growing my career with in the company and feel that there is still future opportunity as the company is focused on growing. Current leadership is very supportive and experienced. The work environment is positive and I enjoy spending time with my coworkers. The company hired a new president who is a very good leader. He has extensive knowledge of the industry, but besides being qualified for the job he is very approachable and supportive. He is involved in all of the day to day activities of the company and working hard right along side his employees, and he promotes this type of work ethic among the rest of the leadership team. The company also offers good benefits and competitive compensation and encourages a healthy work life balance.

Cons

Every job has it's ups and downs, but looking at the big picture, I really enjoy my job. I don't have anything to complain about.

Headed in the right direction

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company went through some leadership changes but is headed in the right direction. Good benefits and I like the people I work with. New leadership team cares.

Cons

Company wants and needs to grow having lost some properties.

Consistent communication across company would help and adding some benefits like flexible spending would be great.

If you are looking for a job keep moving unless you are desperate

Former Employee - Guest Services Agent in Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Guest Services Agent in Rochester, MN

I worked at Richfield Hospitality full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are a few people that have been "inherited" over the years as management companies come and go that are true diamonds. Stick to some of those people that have been there for 10+ years they will get you through all of the other muck.

Cons

I worked under their umbrella for a full year at a few of their properties. I saw a lot of company. Read the other reviews here they are so enlightening--really. If you are thinking about working for this company just don't unless you have no other options. I worked there for a year--no raise, no promotion--the work culture is terrible. When I left I had to threaten going to labor board to get my vacation time paid out. If you need anything done with HR you have to hold them to the fire. They are rude, play favorites, and handy-down from company to company. These people don't care and will spend $100 to save a dime. Welcome to Wonderland where nothing really makes any sense.

WAKE-UP! Hellooooooo? Is anyone home? Your employees hate you. Figure out what you did wrong, what you are doing wrong, and save what you have left.

Lack of Leadership and Business Sense

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At a loss for words

Cons

I agree completely with the previous review which they ruined the hotel by offering rates well below the property standards and/or competitive set. Zero strategy, zero organization, zero accountability, zero follow through, zero knowledge of the market they were selling in, zero support to staff, zero culture and zero care or concern for employee growth and career advancement. Use the technique of threatening job loss in effort to get the staff to perform and consistently performed unethical business practices.

Get off your high horse and realize your front line staff will be the success to your organization.

The Worst Company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Richfield Hospitality full-time

Pros

There are Absolutely No Pros

Cons

I have worked for Richfield Hospitality for 2 years. They have ruined the hotel I work for. They have a flawed business plan. They fill the hotel with guests who book through 3rd party sites and with distressed passengers from airlines. These guests pay rock bottom rates. This requires the reduction of staffing. You can't run a full service 500+ room hotel on 1/3 the staff needed to deliver goods and services. As a result, guest service scores plummet, employee morale is at an all time low.

Get out of your offices, roll up your sleeves and find out what it's like for your front-line employees instead of blaming them for your mis-management.

Have held several management positions with Richfield

Former Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Richfield Hospitality full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be managed by long term corporate executives who have all since left the company.

Cons

No longer the same company

Keep Looking

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Richfield Hospitality full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance and benefits were decent. The people I worked with were generally nice but there was not a lot of interaction among employees.

Cons

Richfield is the only company I have every worked at with zero culture. It's like a group of people that happen to work in the same building, and nothing more. The upper management is self-absorbed and not engaged with staff at all. The lack of leadership and mission leads me to believe Richfield will not amount to much.

Get new management.