Richmar Associates

Richmar Associates Reviews

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014

Don Herd

The recruiters are excellent to work with.

I worked at Richmar Associates

Pros

They have been able to place me with good employers.

Cons

There are many people seeking to work with these recruiters.

I've worked for them off and on for many years; they used to keep me busy.

Current Employee - Administrative in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Richmar Associates as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Right now, I'm not feeling particularly "pro" Richmar. They did get me jobs in the past.

Cons

They never call me anymore, and they tell me "the market is bad." I have done so many assignments for them, but they just don't call anymore. I don't understand it. There were many companies who requested me, so it isn't my lack of work ethic.

If you have someone who has done a great job for you in the past, why don't you call them to get them work?

Richmar Associates Inc. ...the entry labor force for Novellus Systems (aka HR department)

Former Employee - Material Handler in Tualatin, OR
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Tualatin, OR

I worked at Richmar Associates

Pros

This company constantly has openings available with very low skill set requirements at a reasonable pay rate.

Cons

There was zero level of feedback from this company. You do your job, don't mess anything up and come to work at the next scheduled time. No praise, no criticism, no incentives, no goals, no team building, no discussion on company performance, no explanation for management decisions... almost no training. Training was usually performed by the 'least' senior; last hired. There are constant new hires and this temporary workforce constitutes more than half of the companies staff. Six months might be the magic number for how long temps will be working at Novellus (for Richmar) before being "non-renewed". I was dismissed at exactly 6 months... I really expected to be hired... right until I was led outside and asked if I had any valuables inside the building.
    This company is a 'front' for Novellus Systems -not a traditional temp service. They do not have a vested interest in the people they hire... they simply constitute inexpensive labor which can be painlessly replaced.

Is the human component considered at Richmar/Novellus? I've never worked in such a sterile work environment... paint a wall, hang a picture... talk to your employees... You might meet one in a grocery check-out line some day. At the very least hold some tiny meeting with the other employees to explain why the decision to let someone go was made... Every time I saw someone go at this company (which was constant) we had to rely on rumor and guesswork -not goodwill inspiring. I worked with some very capable people, but I doubted management had any idea which ones were contributing to our success and which ones were just marginal. The Richmar hiring staff are over-worked simply by the constant hiring process they are conducting and so do not support or represent those they have already hired. Novellus management seems to have little patience for the human factor.