Richmar Associates

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Don Herd

The recruiters are excellent to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have been able to place me with good employers.

ConsThere are many people seeking to work with these recruiters.

Richmar Associates Inc. ...the entry labor force for Novellus Systems (aka HR department)

Material Handler (Former Employee) Tualatin, OR

ProsThis company constantly has openings available with very low skill set requirements at a reasonable pay rate.

ConsThere was zero level of feedback from this company. You do your job, don't mess anything up and come to work at the next scheduled time. No praise, no criticism, no incentives, no goals, no team building, no discussion on company performance, no explanation for management decisions... almost no training. Training was usually performed by the 'least' senior; last hired. There are constant new hires and this temporary workforce constitutes more than half of the companies staff. Six months might be the magic number for how long temps will be working at Novellus (for Richmar) before being "non-renewed". I was dismissed at exactly 6 months... I really expected to be hired... right until I was led outside and asked if I had any valuables inside the building.
    This company is a 'front' for Novellus Systems -not a traditional temp service. They do not have a vested interest in the people they hire... they simply constitute inexpensive labor which can be painlessly replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementIs the human component considered at Richmar/Novellus? I've never worked in such a sterile work environment... paint a wall, hang a picture... talk to your employees... You might meet one in a grocery check-out line some day. At the very least hold some tiny meeting with the other employees to explain why the decision to let someone go was made... Every time I saw someone go at this company (which was constant) we had to rely on rumor and guesswork -not goodwill inspiring. I worked with some very capable people, but I doubted management had any idea which ones were contributing to our success and which ones were just marginal. The Richmar hiring staff are over-worked simply by the constant hiring process they are conducting and so do not support or represent those they have already hired. Novellus management seems to have little patience for the human factor.

Worked for Richmar Associates? Contribute to the Community!