Rick Hendrick BMW

Updated May 2, 2014
Updated May 2, 2014
1.8

CEO

It is not fun to work for a bunch of people that only have their job due to who they know!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Rick Hendrick BMW

Pros

It is a high profile and volume dealership which enables good experience.

Health benefits being free of cost are a plus.

Cons

It is evident management is picked in two manners: either by being connected (family/friend) of the HAG group, or by kissing a whole lot of connected ass. It leads to being part of the "in" crowd or "out" crowd ... those that kiss ass, and those that dispise ass kissing.

It blows my mind what some people in that place were willing to do to another human being to make an extra buck!

I would just caution anybody that has a hard time putting money before people from working there ... they are very greedy managers ... all of them.

Lacking in the service department

Former Employee - drive way support  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - drive way support in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Rick Hendrick BMW part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The uniforms and yearly bonus are great, great location. Unfortunately that's about the only good things I have to say .

Cons

So many problems in the service Dept. Its ridiculous. For some reason they have 6 people outside specifically doing one task. Meaning that if that one person who greets is out running errands the rest of the attendants employ an it's not my job mentality. They have so many steps with the way they handle their cars that's a reason for the disconnect. There would be so many times where someone would come up to me and ask a question about their car I just took to the back and unfortunately I could not help because I only knew what the service advisor told me. management is a joke

Value all your employees the same, actually care about your customers instead of trying to gouge them for money

Lots of work for little pay

Former Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Charleston, SC

I worked at Rick Hendrick BMW

Pros

One of the best things about Hendrick BMW was the people that I worked with. They were friendly accomodating and willing to help with difficult tasks. Also as an employee you are provided with free health insurance.

Cons

Service management was greatly lacking. Never a moment to breathe, constant stress, phones ringing off the hook, not enough employees to handle the volume of incoming calls and customers, yet the expectation was to always be able to get very high CSI scores.

Hire a new service manager and allow employees to have input. Look at how other successful dealerships are run and adapt some of their strategies. Hire a warranty administrator and let them code tickets and hire some dedicated receptionists for the service dept.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great if you're family

Former Employee - Office
    Former Employee - Office

I worked at Rick Hendrick BMW

Pros

benefits are some of the best in Charlotte. some employees are there for years, others just can't get promoted unless a family member of management doesn't want the position. if you are

Cons

nepotism is big here. pay rate is not so wonderful unless you are selling cars or service. some employees are there for years, others just can't get promoted unless a family member of management doesn't want the position. if you are patient and stick it out, you will eventually see a promotion.

pay scale should be above industry standard for the area. be more honest and fair in treatment of non-family member employees

Worked for Rick Hendrick BMW? Contribute to the Community!