Rick Hendrick Chevrolet

Updated October 24, 2014
Updated October 24, 2014
2.6

Rick Hendrick

Excellent Sales experience, lots of hands-on training.

I worked at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great hands-on training, excellent benefits, honest management.

Cons

Long hours, slow start up if you aren't great at sales.

Lots of Hours and Mediocre Pay

I have been working at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time

Pros

The pay is alright, but nowhere near as much as you might make elsewhere. Sales volume is good so you do get enough opportunities to talk to customers.

Cons

Endless meetings, average pay, high turn over, and long hours. You will find yourself working 70 to 80 hours per week and 6 to 7 days per week. Not much of a balance between work and home.

Higher qualified employees and invest in them.

Great Company To Work For If Your SIngle and Don't Need the Money

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time

Pros

Great people
    Almost every manger is awesome
    Training is top notch
    Mangement wants to push you forward and succeed

Cons

Money is tight so they quit advertizing, now traffic has slowed to a crawl. VERY difficult to sell more than 7 cars.
    Parking is VERY slim
    Small bonuses that you can earn through the month have been eliminated.
    New bonuses are in place ONLY if you sell 10 or more cars.

Keep being awesome and listen to the people.

Car Sales Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Buford

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Buford, GA

I have been working at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

$8.00 hr & 70 plus hrs a week .if you don't mind the management treating you like a 15 year old.

Cons

1 Charge employee biweekly for the water and popcorn that they give the customers.
    2# charge employees biweekly every week for uniforms for the duration of your employment So you purchase the uniforms over and over and over and it never stops / with no cleaning service.
    3# when you're hired they say you're off every other Sunday. But On the last week of the month you gotta work on Sundays even if its your day off.
    5# sales meeting at 830 in the morning Monday through Saturday even if you left work at 1130 Pm the night before.
    6# if a customer purchase a car & is upset with the manager because the manager lied to them and you get a bad review $200 dollars is taken from your paycheck.
    7# All customer must come to the front showroom they must see a manager and the manager gives the potential sale / customer to whoever they want which is usually their favorites.
    8# 70 percent of the management is under 29 years old and treat a sales personnel like garbage .
    9# I could go on and on but this is enough for now !
    10# not a fair playing field you will only get an opportunity to sell a car If the management wants you to if not you won't get a customer.
    11# all potential phone calls that go to Ricks Hendrick Chevrolet in Buford go to a phone team not to a salesperson. then the phone team gets it to the sales person may want like I said not a fair playing field.

1#No advice for the management They are going to do whatever they want.
    2# Don't pay BDC $25.00 for every appointment that comes in only pay them if the car is SOLD. There robbing you blind
    bring the same person and over and over

Fair employer

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly environment, fair pay, working with great cars.

Cons

Typical car sales environment, even after they supposedly "changed their approach". Very few opportunities to advance.

Research more about your employee's background. You might find they can be of better use.

My experience with Rick hendrick chevrolet as been a great one

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Buford, GA

I have been working at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rick hendrick takes great care of his people

Cons

some of the down side is that you work to many hours and not enough time for family and friends and we have to work on sundays

we should be closed on sunday

Poor Upper Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I have been working at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Close to home
    Friendly co-workers
    Free lunch once a month
    Unforunately, thats really about it.

Cons

Upper management promoted me to a management position and then took 3 weeks into my new position to then tell me that my pay plan will cut my pay by $500 a week from my previous non-management position. Shame on me for believing them when telling me to tell me to not worry about it and assuring me that I will be paid well above my previous positon.

Sales managers also do not follow the employee vehicle purchase policy.

After a year into my new position I was then demoted without notice while on a weeks leave with my first born child. Very cowardly move.

Not all Hendrick dealerships are like this but I know all the Atlanta area dealerships are.

Be honest to your employees and don't treat them as a number. A little humanity and compassion can go a long way.

Ungodly hours

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Buford, GA

I worked at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Base Hourly pay. Nice People for the most part

Cons

Commission structure , hours 70+ No time for family. open 8:30 am - 11:00 pm most days

Let your people have a life.

good experience

I worked at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

free of schedule, great leadership, its fun talking and driving new and used vehicles, extremely fun job.

Cons

not a good job for a first time car salesman. it's important to know how to be a consultant or else it's better to work at mcdonalds. everyones so busy working hard, it's hard to learn. requires alot of time away from home.

Have a dedicated sales trainer who has no other responsibilities that teaches the business.

You can only make money there by duping customers into buying services they don't need.

Former Employee - Service Consultant in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Service Consultant in Charleston, SC

I worked at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is respected in the area due to its ties to charitable organizations, and prestige associated with Rick Hendrick's name.

Cons

First, you are expected to work 14 hour days, 6 days per week. You can make money there but only by selling services like brake fluid flushes,(not a GM recommended svc, and making customers who don't buy the svc feel that they are putting their vehicles at risk. Service writers sell phony discount programs to customers, and upsell as much as possible. They are also encouraged to jack up the shop supply fees on a ticket to increase their own earnings. It is easy to make money there if you are born to steal and have a talent for accounting.

Parts are marketed at well above suggested retail, "Because of all those nice boats in the harbor two miles from here".....that's how the manager put it to me.

They don't care about the customers, only what they can make off of them. Lying to customers is not just a suggestion or something that managers overlook, it is required.

Try running the business legitimately. Don't make people steal to earn money.