Rick Hendrick Chevrolet

Fair employer

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment, fair pay, working with great cars.

Cons

Typical car sales environment, even after they supposedly "changed their approach". Very few opportunities to advance.

Research more about your employee's background. You might find they can be of better use.

Car Sales Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Buford

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Buford, GA

I have been working at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time for less than a year

Pros

$8.00 hr & 70 plus hrs a week .if you don't mind the management treating you like a 15 year old.

Cons

1 Charge employee biweekly for the water and popcorn that they give the customers.
    2# charge employees biweekly every week for uniforms for the duration of your employment So you purchase the uniforms over and over and over and it never stops / with no cleaning service.
    3# when you're hired they say you're off every other Sunday. But On the last week of the month you gotta work on Sundays even if its your day off.
    5# sales meeting at 830 in the morning Monday through Saturday even if you left work at 1130 Pm the night before.
    6# if a customer purchase a car & is upset with the manager because the manager lied to them and you get a bad review $200 dollars is taken from your paycheck.
    7# All customer must come to the front showroom they must see a manager and the manager gives the potential sale / customer to whoever they want which is usually their favorites.
    8# 70 percent of the management is under 29 years old and treat a sales personnel like garbage .
    9# I could go on and on but this is enough for now !
    10# not a fair playing field you will only get an opportunity to sell a car If the management wants you to if not you won't get a customer.
    11# all potential phone calls that go to Ricks Hendrick Chevrolet in Buford go to a phone team not to a salesperson. then the phone team gets it to the sales person may want like I said not a fair playing field.

1#No advice for the management They are going to do whatever they want.
    2# Don't pay BDC $25.00 for every appointment that comes in only pay them if the car is SOLD. There robbing you blind
    bring the same person and over and over

My experience with Rick hendrick chevrolet as been a great one

Current Employee - Client Advisor  in  Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Buford, GA

I have been working at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rick hendrick takes great care of his people

Cons

some of the down side is that you work to many hours and not enough time for family and friends and we have to work on sundays

we should be closed on sunday

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Upper Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I have been working at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Close to home
    Friendly co-workers
    Free lunch once a month
    Unforunately, thats really about it.

Cons

Upper management promoted me to a management position and then took 3 weeks into my new position to then tell me that my pay plan will cut my pay by $500 a week from my previous non-management position. Shame on me for believing them when telling me to tell me to not worry about it and assuring me that I will be paid well above my previous positon.

Sales managers also do not follow the employee vehicle purchase policy.

After a year into my new position I was then demoted without notice while on a weeks leave with my first born child. Very cowardly move.

Not all Hendrick dealerships are like this but I know all the Atlanta area dealerships are.

Be honest to your employees and don't treat them as a number. A little humanity and compassion can go a long way.

Ungodly hours

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Buford, GA

I worked at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Base Hourly pay. Nice People for the most part

Cons

Commission structure , hours 70+ No time for family. open 8:30 am - 11:00 pm most days

Let your people have a life.

good experience

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Cary, NC

I worked at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time for less than a year

Pros

free of schedule, great leadership, its fun talking and driving new and used vehicles, extremely fun job.

Cons

not a good job for a first time car salesman. it's important to know how to be a consultant or else it's better to work at mcdonalds. everyones so busy working hard, it's hard to learn. requires alot of time away from home.

Have a dedicated sales trainer who has no other responsibilities that teaches the business.

You can only make money there by duping customers into buying services they don't need.

Former Employee - Service Consultant  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Service Consultant in Charleston, SC

I worked at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is respected in the area due to its ties to charitable organizations, and prestige associated with Rick Hendrick's name.

Cons

First, you are expected to work 14 hour days, 6 days per week. You can make money there but only by selling services like brake fluid flushes,(not a GM recommended svc, and making customers who don't buy the svc feel that they are putting their vehicles at risk. Service writers sell phony discount programs to customers, and upsell as much as possible. They are also encouraged to jack up the shop supply fees on a ticket to increase their own earnings. It is easy to make money there if you are born to steal and have a talent for accounting.

Parts are marketed at well above suggested retail, "Because of all those nice boats in the harbor two miles from here".....that's how the manager put it to me.

They don't care about the customers, only what they can make off of them. Lying to customers is not just a suggestion or something that managers overlook, it is required.

Try running the business legitimately. Don't make people steal to earn money.

Great place to work but there was never enough time for my family.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I worked at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work for the company are friendly, and there is a lot of room for growth.

Cons

Not much family time when you're working in a top car dealership.

Give your employees more time off. A happy employee is a good employee.

Terrible

Current Employee - Sales  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet

Pros

The Pro and only pro is that there is the illusion that you can make a load of money, only the top guys do but even they have a bad month and hear it from upper management.

Cons

Everyone in the place will stab you in the back to make themselves look better.
    Hours suck
    managers are terrible
    training is terrible
    turnover

Learn to care about your employees, you dont realize that when you lose an employee you lose sales!!! You lose the sales that will be missed when you are training the new guys and they dont know what theyre doing yet...

Worked for Rick Hendrick Chevrolet? Contribute to the Community!