Rick's Cabaret

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rick's Cabaret Chairman, President, and CEO Eric S. Langan

Eric S. Langan

Co-workers and employment wok well with one another as a team to meet customers demands in a very professional.

Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsThe time each co-worker and management gives to customers service is extremely important for a job. Working together as a time. The time management offered by co-workers that we all meet the work demands of each day in a stress free enjoyable , highly professional yet fun atmosphere.

ConsMeet the demands for seasonal conventions and the amount of guest we would have at one time would place just a little strain on co-workers and myself but we managed as long as we worked as a team to give the customers the best experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job!

Middle of the road for cabaret/club work

Floor (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsFlexible hours
    Nice club for the guests and crew

ConsWAY too political to get anywhere, even for the "good" employees eg.. on time, proper apparel, experience and dedicated.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because it may upset the guys and gals who have been there for a minute is NOT a reason to be apathetic in moving the people who do there jobs and do them well up. Its for your own good as an employer to keep and maintain the people.

Excellent until I was let go without notice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsCool people to work with, flexible hours, pretty good overall managerial support, I felt my input was respected, the parties were always fun

ConsPeople are let go without notice frequently, no benefits, no vacation, no employee discounts, apparently limited employee retention program (they would rather replace you than try to help make you into the emloyee they want)

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to be so reactionary and work with employees to keep them around. Long term employees are an asset to any company. Turnover costs money.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not Good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Round Rock, TX

ProsThey are the Wal-Mart of strip clubs.

ConsAnything to make a buck.

The VERY Best in a Business That Has a VERY Low Bar

Entertainer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHands down, Rick's treats it's entertainers and employees better than any Gentleman's Club Franchise out there, which makes me very happy to have worked for them off and on for the past 5 years.

I always feel respected, cared for, understood, appreciated and treated as a very important component of the club.

The kind of customers that Rick's attracts are all in all very kind people. Sure, there is occasionally a bad apple, but that is to be expected in this industry.

ConsDisclaimer: These thoughts are delivered with love, respect and passion for a business I love with all my heart that has given me so much. I only say these things because I also wish with all my heart that it were better both for the entertainers and the staff.

As most people would expect, the strip-club industry has a very low bar. The organization does not advance it's female management above VIP Hostess. It does not take feedback or input in the way of reworking the way the industry works on a fundamental level. The room for improvement is endless and the organization does not really seem open to this kind of input. The attitude the company takes is "the opportunity to make money should be enough."

I don't think it is.

To be fair, I have personally never attempted to reach out to give them suggestions from a higher level perspective. My opinion more rests on the experiences told to me by other women in different positions than an entertainer.

These other women in the business care, they want to give back and do more, but the owner and manager seem to only be comfortable with the southern, good old fashioned boy's club way of doing business.

There is so much money left on the table because the industry does nothing to dispel it's stereotypes and attract a more thoughtful clientele with higher standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop resting on your laurels and revolutionize the business for the coming Generation X and Y'ers that have higher expectations for communication, connectivity, wellness and quality of life. Train the staff to care, to put their heart into their work.

Create a business that is for grown men instead of immature boys and the business will attract even more respectful, better paying clientele. Many customers have been turned away because all the dancers seem to care about is money. That horse has been beat to death. The industry needs new life, new energy.

Like many sales focused businesses, it rests comfortably on an inherent cycle of cynicism that needs to be broken, that is in the process of being broke whether we like it or not.

Even the seasoned, successful entertainers think the only way to make money is through manipulation. The "nice" girls are tired of being "too nice to make a lot of money" and resign themselves to be comfortable with the scraps left over by the stereotypical stripper pirana.

There is another way.

This isn't about age or younger entertainers, because many of these young men actually like older woman.

It needs fresh ideas, fresh perspective, better, more inventive branding. The time has come.

On a practical nuts and bolts level, take away the spending limit put onto customers. Does Boeing say, "I'm sorry you can't pay more than $40million for that plane?" Of course not. Let the customers spend as much as they want without having to call and set up a party in advance.

Come up with a creative, inspiring training program for the entertainers. Be more aspirational rather than focused on the bottom line. Men want more than boobs and bottoms, even if they won't admit it to anyone's face except for an entertainer.

In addition, make the business even more friendly to couples and lesbian women. Actively court them and come up with creative ways to satisfy their varied needs. And train the women to work with couples and other women better. These are grossly untapped markets. We should be slammed with Lesbian Bachelorette Parties in NYC and I've haven't seen more than one or two since the legislation got passed.

A few of these moves, done in an inspiring engaging way would go a long way to creating immense business for the club and company.

I don't disapprove of the the way Eric Langan leads the company because he is a bad guy with a bad business sense—he's truly a great guy with a big heart. Being the best, merely hovering over a very low bar simply isn't good enough anymore.

And last, but not least, instituting some across the board aspirational changes could go a long way to boosting the image and stock price for the company.

it's a place to live but career development is poor

CS Engineer (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Proswork & life balance, somebody like

Conson call at night, work during night

Great Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs far as working at a strip club goes, this one, I found it to be the best in Minneapolis. Management is very positive.

ConsThe dressing room smells of mold a bit. The heat/air conditioning situation can be annoying at times. I hated selling features.

Worked for Rick's Cabaret? Contribute to the Community!