Ricky's

Updated November 19, 2014
Updated November 19, 2014
2.5

CEO

Fun, terrible pay, but fun

Former Employee - Beauty Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Beauty Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Ricky's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some product training and free products, good discount. Not incredibly organized as a company but fun to work. Fun people, exiting setting, terrible pay but bearable.

Cons

District managers pick and choose favorites, everything is a popularity contest with them. Bully managers, fire them for no reason. Expect to be assigned menial ridiculous tasks, like merchandising and moving products, over and over and over and over and OVER for NO reason but the fact that a "district manager" wants to have you doing that. Honestly, It's fun to work there - the district managers just seem glorified and don't really know what they're doing - things get lost in translation between corporate and the retail floor.

Get your life.

Not so great

Former Employee - ASM in New York, NY
    Former Employee - ASM in New York, NY

I worked at Ricky's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Team members are very laid back.

Cons

This company is so unorganized. I thought it was just because of the Halloween season, but apparently it's an all year round thing. You are absolutely underpaid for the work done and there's no guarantee of hours fulfilled.

For a company that is older than 5 years...get your act together.

It was amazing

I have been working at Ricky's

Pros

everything. beatutiful place to work

Cons

nothing as everything was great

Employment at Rickys NYC- Corporate

Former Employee - Visual Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Visual Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Ricky's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great 40% off discount
    Weekends off

Cons

-When you get hired, they do not set you up with your time clock, email, or even explain your duties regarding your role. They just throw you at the battlefield and expect you to learn and figure everything out on your own without any explanation.
    -Their break rooms / staff office in almost every single location is filthy. Broken glass everywhere on the floor, costumes everywhere ( it pretty much looks like a stock room), I was heating up my food and there were 2 huge rats that were running around inside the room. NOT A CLEAN PLACE TO WORK AT AT ALL.
    -THE STAFF, MANAGEMENT AND HR : lack about 90% of professionalism.
    -It was day 1 for me and there was already too much gossip
    -the worst part is that you would think this all would only be for the people working on the floor such as sales associates. NO this is all in Ricky's Corporate office too.
    corporate pays lunchmoney type pay for tons of work in return. TERRIBLE PAY. Yes, this is corporate. It doesn't just happen on the floor.

-Train your HR better. Make sure they follow procedure when new hires come in. They are not doing they jobs right.
    -All your locations are ratchet and dirty. It is not SANITARY for staff and even for customers. Make sure everyone cleans up. Make cleaning a priority.
    -Have some regard for your employees and they will work harder for you in return.

DISGUSTING

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Ricky's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discount and thats about it! they could care less about your actual knowledge of products except up sell the most expensive things.

Cons

Pay, corporate, managers, and the overall attitude of everyone in the company. They expect so much from their sales associates with little pay and respect. No way to actually move up in this company unless you're maybe sleeping with someone in corporate or you're related to them.

Pick better managers and up pay....or just close this place down actually lost of illegal stuff in this company.

I have been working at Ricky's

Pros

Good Discount, quick growth for motivated and hard working sales associates to ASM's.

Cons

Horrible pay rates. Corporate/HR is beyond disorganized minus a few key people who keep the company on it's feet. I can imagine that without them, Ricky's would crumble.

Invest more in the employees. Lose some of the people at corporate who really don't know what they are doing/don't work as hard as the management in store level. Listen to the employee's in store.

Best time to work is halloween

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Ricky's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They sell everything, great diiscount, You learn a lot about different products

Cons

They pay very little and they want you to do a ton of work for little pay

Managers need to be more professional

Great place to work ... but dont get to comfortable

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Ricky's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great discounts, product knowledge training (paid) , great people I work with I loved my coworkers and managers they helped me when I started no matter how many times I asked, majority of my store tries to work as a team , this is a great place to work

Cons

Pay sucks, in my store its keep your mouth shut or get 1 transfed or 2 get fired.
    no help when with S.M , our schedule isnt done untill sunday when its suppose to done no later then Friday, I always get scheduled alone with no help , little pay to do something that takes 2 people to do, store manager always in the office sleeping or on YouTube while im alone on the floor, store manager doesnt think about doing things as team work, favoritism certin rules get slide with certin employees, we need store meetings S.M said no countless of time (he says he doesn't see a point to it) our stock manager doesnt know how to do the job he just got promoted to, all black dress code is stupid if your an associate who has to do boxes on a daily basis

H.R should listen to the employees complaint and fix then not jus transfer the employees cause its still going to be the same with the next employee, plan make sure managers that are being hired have manager experience, if promotion are done with any employee h.r should be on top on replacing that emploee that got replaced, also if you have had complaintsabout a manager please do not make them a store manager, raise pay to keep your employees happy to deal with all the crap for nothing

Disfunctional

I have been working at Ricky's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Discount,Products,Vendor Trainings,Halloween,Celebrity Sightings, Product Events

Cons

Lack of communication, favoritism,pay, no coordination, no proper training, inexperienced buyers, inexperienced store managers, no promotions, no raises, people in high positions because they know someone not because they have the experience, people get fired if they open their mouths and speak their mind.

Learn how to value your veterans, the few you have left, they are the only ones that know how the stores should function.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Ricky's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company is fun and very hands on with customer care. Offers product knowledge classes to better assist customers.

Cons

Management doesn't pay too much attention to who they hire. The temporary stores are always in violation to many business practices. HR and upper management doesn't take employee conflicts seriously.

Make more of an effort to do background checks on new hires