Ricky's

2.3

CEO

Great

I worked at Ricky's

Pros

Working outside
    Pay
    Being on street team
    Location

Cons

Nothing at all. I enjoyed everything there

Nothing

It is what you make of it

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Ricky's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm a product junkie so I love that I get to share all my beauty knowledge with customers and am constantly learning new things everyday. I get to work with a lot of great people who have similar interests as I do so my shifts don't seem drag on when I'm interacting with my friendly coworkers.

Cons

A lot of assistant managers aren't hired based on experience but instead through connections in corporate meaning that you will have some great assistant managers delegating you with respect or others who are power hungry, micromanaging, or have no idea what they are doing (ie inconsistency, use of profanity, favoritism, etc) . These guys can make or break your shift, but its not so bad if you stay out of their way. This would probably improve if there was a way in which they could be held more accountable for their actions.

Horrible horrible horrible!!

Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ricky's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Key thing is EXPERIENCE

Cons

100% no benefits, management is horrible, no proper training, pretty much throws you out on the field without help. Will put you inside of a store without staff

Please if you need experience bad work here since anybody becomes a store manager and leave asap

Fun, terrible pay, but fun

Former Employee - Beauty Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Beauty Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Ricky's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some product training and free products, good discount. Not incredibly organized as a company but fun to work. Fun people, exiting setting, terrible pay but bearable.

Cons

District managers pick and choose favorites, everything is a popularity contest with them. Bully managers, fire them for no reason. Expect to be assigned menial ridiculous tasks, like merchandising and moving products, over and over and over and over and OVER for NO reason but the fact that a "district manager" wants to have you doing that. Honestly, It's fun to work there - the district managers just seem glorified and don't really know what they're doing - things get lost in translation between corporate and the retail floor.

Get your life.

Don't get caught working here.

Former Employee - Corporate Employee
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee

I worked at Ricky's

Pros

None at all. There is too much abuse

Cons

I worked from sales associate up to corporate. When you are busting your backside for pennies they fill your head with talk of promotion and raises. You get a promotion n .50-1.00 raise to sit in corporate and help them fix stores, train, and move people around giving their buddy's 2.3.4. Raises but they tell you company has no money.

Get an outside recruitment firm fire hr and 98% of corporate or just close

Absolutely HORRIBLE

I have been working at Ricky's

Pros

None! I promise you its all hoopla!! They actually warn you before starting about bad reviews and how "it's all changed".....I CAN TELL YOU FOR CERTAIN ITS A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. That's my opinion now that I'm actually allowed to have one.

Cons

Everything. If they paid entry level associates better, we'd have a better store atmosphere. If they actually did what they said, WE ALL WOULD BE HAPPIER! Associates making 7.50-8.00 an hour is comical especially for what they are asking of you. Assistant managers 8.25-13.00 depending on who your friends are. I don't even want to mention made up positions. The corporate office is a joke, and the structure of company leaders is even a bigger joke. All of the seasoned and properly trained workers aren't used to their abilities. This is the beauty industry and most if not all corporate level employees lack that understanding. It's literally a SELL SELL SELL mantra with no EDUCATION, TRAININGS, and absolutely no proper screening. District managers are glorified sales persons. This isn't to say the company doesn't have some good employees they just get lost in the pool of family friends, sisters of corporate level employees, children of higher ups! It's a joke. Most real beauty retailers don't even mention rickys as competition and as an employee I know understand why.

ADVICE TO THE CEO AND OWNER! Raise the pay $10 min. Screen potential employees. Fraternization is a serious problem. Corporate needs restructuring. Upgrade the stores looks. Drab and depressed isn't somewhere make up artist, stylists want to shop. Ricky's isn't their first resort it's their last!!

Not so great

Former Employee - ASM in New York, NY
    Former Employee - ASM in New York, NY

I worked at Ricky's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Team members are very laid back.

Cons

This company is so unorganized. I thought it was just because of the Halloween season, but apparently it's an all year round thing. You are absolutely underpaid for the work done and there's no guarantee of hours fulfilled.

For a company that is older than 5 years...get your act together.

It was amazing

I have been working at Ricky's

Pros

everything. beatutiful place to work

Cons

nothing as everything was great

Employment at Rickys NYC- Corporate

Former Employee - Visual Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Visual Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Ricky's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great 40% off discount
    Weekends off

Cons

-When you get hired, they do not set you up with your time clock, email, or even explain your duties regarding your role. They just throw you at the battlefield and expect you to learn and figure everything out on your own without any explanation.
    -Their break rooms / staff office in almost every single location is filthy. Broken glass everywhere on the floor, costumes everywhere ( it pretty much looks like a stock room), I was heating up my food and there were 2 huge rats that were running around inside the room. NOT A CLEAN PLACE TO WORK AT AT ALL.
    -THE STAFF, MANAGEMENT AND HR : lack about 90% of professionalism.
    -It was day 1 for me and there was already too much gossip
    -the worst part is that you would think this all would only be for the people working on the floor such as sales associates. NO this is all in Ricky's Corporate office too.
    corporate pays lunchmoney type pay for tons of work in return. TERRIBLE PAY. Yes, this is corporate. It doesn't just happen on the floor.

-Train your HR better. Make sure they follow procedure when new hires come in. They are not doing they jobs right.
    -All your locations are ratchet and dirty. It is not SANITARY for staff and even for customers. Make sure everyone cleans up. Make cleaning a priority.
    -Have some regard for your employees and they will work harder for you in return.

DISGUSTING

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Ricky's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discount and thats about it! they could care less about your actual knowledge of products except up sell the most expensive things.

Cons

Pay, corporate, managers, and the overall attitude of everyone in the company. They expect so much from their sales associates with little pay and respect. No way to actually move up in this company unless you're maybe sleeping with someone in corporate or you're related to them.

Pick better managers and up pay....or just close this place down actually lost of illegal stuff in this company.