Ricky's

Updated July 24, 2014
Updated July 24, 2014

2.4

CEO

Best time to work is halloween

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

They sell everything, great diiscount, You learn a lot about different products

Cons

They pay very little and they want you to do a ton of work for little pay

Managers need to be more professional

Disfunctional

Pros

Discount,Products,Vendor Trainings,Halloween,Celebrity Sightings, Product Events

Cons

Lack of communication, favoritism,pay, no coordination, no proper training, inexperienced buyers, inexperienced store managers, no promotions, no raises, people in high positions because they know someone not because they have the experience, people get fired if they open their mouths and speak their mind.

Learn how to value your veterans, the few you have left, they are the only ones that know how the stores should function.

Pros

Good Discount, quick growth for motivated and hard working sales associates to ASM's.

Cons

Horrible pay rates. Corporate/HR is beyond disorganized minus a few key people who keep the company on it's feet. I can imagine that without them, Ricky's would crumble.

Invest more in the employees. Lose some of the people at corporate who really don't know what they are doing/don't work as hard as the management in store level. Listen to the employee's in store.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work ... but dont get to comfortable

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great discounts, product knowledge training (paid) , great people I work with I loved my coworkers and managers they helped me when I started no matter how many times I asked, majority of my store tries to work as a team , this is a great place to work

Cons

Pay sucks, in my store its keep your mouth shut or get 1 transfed or 2 get fired.
    no help when with S.M , our schedule isnt done untill sunday when its suppose to done no later then Friday, I always get scheduled alone with no help , little pay to do something that takes 2 people to do, store manager always in the office sleeping or on YouTube while im alone on the floor, store manager doesnt think about doing things as team work, favoritism certin rules get slide with certin employees, we need store meetings S.M said no countless of time (he says he doesn't see a point to it) our stock manager doesnt know how to do the job he just got promoted to, all black dress code is stupid if your an associate who has to do boxes on a daily basis

H.R should listen to the employees complaint and fix then not jus transfer the employees cause its still going to be the same with the next employee, plan make sure managers that are being hired have manager experience, if promotion are done with any employee h.r should be on top on replacing that emploee that got replaced, also if you have had complaintsabout a manager please do not make them a store manager, raise pay to keep your employees happy to deal with all the crap for nothing

My talent goes to waste

Current Employee - Beauty Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Beauty Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

Great atmosphere, Training/Workshops, Easy Promotions, The Discount, The people you may encounter are really nice

Cons

No Time And A Half, Disorganized company, Lousy Managers, Anyone can get promoted so it looses it's value, Pay isn't good, They record your audio

n/a

Great Experience

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Company is fun and very hands on with customer care. Offers product knowledge classes to better assist customers.

Cons

Management doesn't pay too much attention to who they hire. The temporary stores are always in violation to many business practices. HR and upper management doesn't take employee conflicts seriously.

Make more of an effort to do background checks on new hires

Chaos

Pros

- Awesome discount
    - Cool employees
    - Room for growth

Cons

The company is completely disorganized; there is no real plans to succeed, no real lines of communication, and favoritism and hypocrisy at an all time high. Cooperate is quick to blame everyone but themselves. The president is constantly recording every move and sound you make. It's like 1984.

Create more of a hierarchy within corp, there are too many chiefs, not enough Indians. hire and promote people who are actually qualified, not the people that pretend to like you. You've lost a lot of good people, with extensive product knowledge and you wonder why nobody can sell products.

No type of understanding but was very fun while it lasted.

Former Employee - Costume Mascot  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Costume Mascot in New York, NY

Pros

Very friendly staff for the most part, loved the assistant manager to bits!

Cons

Manger of the store made a big deal over nothing and expected people to do his dirty work, people in this city really don't care.

Well none currently due to the fact the old manager is gone but for the future please be more understanding to people's person situations. Things happen, we get caught in traffic, we get sick, life has a way of throwing a curve ball sometimes. We enjoy and need our jobs and if we give you the heads up about something PLEASE do not throw it in our faces and fire us.

Fun, hard working, down to earth place.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great products, great people, and excellent place to learn from coworkers.

Cons

Generally speaking the place is a good place to work for.

None

Cool

Pros

The company isn't very strict, its a relax atmosphere. You get a 40% discount on all Ricky's product.

Cons

Pay is terrible. Some Manager's don't care enough for employees

Increase pay Ricky's is loaded.

Worked for Ricky's? Contribute to the Community!