Ricoh Americas Corporation

Updated September 30, 2014
2.7

Ricoh Americas Corporation Chairman & CEO Martin Brodigan
Martin Brodigan

Pros
  • Strong company with good benefits and 401k plan (in 20 reviews)

• Great work life balance and flexibility as in most outside sales positions (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • There is little to no communication from upper management (in 18 reviews)

• IKON management does not have Ricoh's best interest at heart (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Unparalleled Work Environment

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing management from top to bottom. I work in St. Louis and our Inside Sales Team is more of a family than anything. With the outside support from our Senior Sales Manager Michael Lowe, to our Head of Operations Stephanie Pike, we have grown from 12 employees to, what will be by 10-2015, over 100 employees. My supervisors are excellent with their intuitiveness to the business, product history knowledge, leadership, personal support, and professional advocacy for my future at the company. Since I have been employed by the company in June of 2013, I have turned down multiple job offers for more money and compensation simply due to the atmosphere and both personal and professional aesthetics in my department and the company as a whole. I have worked on over 5 states for more than 10 top 100 Forbes companies of different types and their business models could profit both personally and financially ten fold from how Ricoh does theirs.

Cons

Moving up in my department is a very slow process and that's only because we have been open since 11-2012 and are growing. Therefore, time is what is slowing my progress down due to the legalities and budget based criteria it will allow for my Head Sales Manager to make more opportunities available. Other than that, there are no complaints from me with the company, my pay, my balance, or anything else. I love my job thoroughly.

My only criticism would be the speed of exposure to our department. We are excelling at over 2000% of what we were projected to do 2 years ago. We are running out of room! I know a new center is coming but we may need a skyscraper by the time we turn the next decade due to our success.

Great employees and training!

Former Employee - Account Executive I  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive I in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ricoh University is a great training and information asset for Ricoh Sales Executives. Compensation is fair and perks help when the sales process becomes a bit of a grind. Upward mobility is realistic and current employees often receive first consideration which creates and environment of great internal promotion.

Cons

Some sales managers don't direct more of their focus on profitability of the account executives which of course would increase the overall numbers ($$$$$) of, account executive, sales manager and branch. Service issues were a continual repetitive issue. Some clients/customers did not have a full understanding of the use of equipment and often utilized their machines in ways that were not conducive for good functionality of the equipment. Others would often ignore tips and advice from technicians,(who were very knowledgeable,) and purchased equipment/machines that were not manufactured for the level of use that the clients/customers utilized the machines for.

Billing

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation

Pros

Company provided training for new processes

Cons

No growth or room for advancement

N/A

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

5 Star Work Life Balance !!

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Representative  in  Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Representative in Macon, GA

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very considerate if you have to take time off for your family. Never had any problems taking time off at all.

Cons

Work is not always disturbed evenly and fairly. When it is brought to management it is brushed off. Goals change in the middle of the month without warning. Not much opportunity for growth plan to be in your same position for at least 2 to 3 years before there is a position opened

Please consider the work load and stress it will cause to the Accounts Receivable Rep.

Love working here...

Current Employee - EDiscovery Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - EDiscovery Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team environment, excellent leadership, backing of a $25B company

Cons

Large company, sometimes hard to hone in on the right person if you're new

Keep up the team environment and making sure that employees have a high level of interaction

Good place to work!

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation

Pros

A company that is at the forefront. The office equipment business changing and Ricoh is moving quickly to adapt their business model.

Cons

A company that is changing their business model must compete with operational challenges. Ricoh is moving quickly to address these issues but the pace may not be fast enough for some and too fast for others. If you come to work for Ricoh, you should be aware that change is a part of the transformation to a services-led company.

Solid products, disconnect between sales and operations

Current Employee - N/A  in  Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - N/A in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good retention, good internal training

Cons

Sales and service do not line up at all times, salaries are below market

Miserable place to work anymore

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time

Pros

Good Technology, training, brand name, Marketshare, some good people still there

Cons

Commoditization of industry, moving to a services led model, depressed earnings, punitive compensation plans,

Slow to change, needs improvement across the board

Current Employee - Solutions Workflow Consultant  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Solutions Workflow Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Good benefits, flexible work environment. You can succeed if you are placed on the right team and support the larger accounts.

Cons

Low end pay, management. Not a lot of room for advancement. Minimal training opportunities to get hands on experience with new software solutions.

Poor Communication

Current Employee - Print Support Specialist  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Print Support Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

They are a stable company with a great reputation. Their customers love them for the most part and it is good to be apart of a well reputed company like Ricoh.

Cons

The communication between managers and upper management is horrible. There have gone MONTHS without any communication about VITAL issues that need their attention. Also they hate giving out raises (besides cost of living raises). Dont expect to make alot of money here. Basically a stepping stone in your career.

You need to have more competent people in Upper Management. Some people are just cozy where they are and need to be "shaken" up a bit to get the blood flowing.

Ricoh Americas Corporation Photos

Worked for Ricoh Americas Corporation? Contribute to the Community!