Ricoh Americas Corporation

Ricoh Americas Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Ricoh Americas Corporation Chairman & CEO Martin Brodigan

Martin Brodigan

Pros
  • Work life balance and work from home are nice options with my current team(in 8 reviews)

• Strong company with good benefits and 401k plan(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • There is little to no communication from upper management(in 15 reviews)

• IKON management does not have Ricoh's best interest at heart(in 10 reviews)

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Benefits and employee development tools.

ConsUpper Management disengaged from local operations.

Decent Company to start off

Site Manager I (Current Employee)

Prosgood schedule - self-managed for the most part - good levels of empowerment

Consno real room for growth after you make site manager - very few administrative jobs in Memphis - most jobs are contracted at a customer's site

Advice to Senior Managementmore competitive with salary

Ricoh is a manufacturer NOT a service organization.

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsGood product, good sales training, friendly admin staff

ConsEndless Customer Issues, Billing errors, communication, management, terrible customer service, sales reps spend more time dealing with issues then actually selling and getting new business. not flexible with our contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should spend time in each branch and see what goes on instead of assuming and looking strictly at numbers and pipelines. You will continue to lose your top reps and your top accounts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's been a challenging couple of years.

Senior Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) Macon, GA

ProsThe dress code is very relaxed.
    Pay is decent for the area, but it does not match the expectations. They have offered annual pay raises for the past three years based on merit. The raises are a very good thing!
    They have quarterly bonuses... but they can only be obtained by a miracle.
    Scheduling is good. They allow for you to make up sick time, doctors appointments, etc... They offer for you to purchase up to a week of vacation per year on top of a two week vacation time. Sick time is earned. Four floating holidays per year. After being employed five years you get an extra week of vacation per year. Ten year employment and you get four weeks of vacation per year.
    Work/Life balance is pretty rewarding. Once you are have completed your day you can forget EVERYTHING and come back to it the next morning. AR representatives are not required to work from home, weekends or provide answers while they are on vacation/sick.

ConsThe pay does not match what is expected of you.
    Training is very poor. They use outdated materials and nothing in the training environment is the same as on the floor. You basically forget everything you learned in training.
    Monthly AR goals are not realistic. They do not take into consideration the correct aging of invoices and any on going issues that are out of the AR Representative's control (IE.. Sales issues, contract renegotiations that change the rate, credit-rebill of invoices, invalid billing).
    Management does not understand the process of having corrections made to invoices. They expect results and do not comprehend why you are unable to resolve your AR. They will also not support their employees and will throw them under the bus if it makes them look good.
    They try to promote a team enviroment, but it's not what it seems. Each team member has their own goals and you are expected to help your mates but everyone is out for themselves. Requesting help and receiving help are very different.
    In most cases the field representatives are not willing to work with AR team to resolve issues. They are only interested in getting their commission and don't care about doing the job right.
    There is not a lot of room for advancement. You have approximately 200 employees in the AR positions, approximately 10-15 teams with one to two specialists and one supervisor. There's one manager per three to four teams. Two senior managers for 200 employees and one director. There are Senior Associate positions, but after you receive that title it may be years before you are able to move into another role. There are multiple departments within the Macon location that offer a higher salary. However, openings are very rare.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake part in Undercover Bosses! Attend the AR training, work through some accounts for a couple weeks and actually attempt to resolve the AR yourselves. You will see first hand how your managers interact with the employees and what it is like to work with field representatives and meet AR goals.
    I think that this company could be great on all levels. However there needs to be better representation of the corporate office in the different regions. A suggestion would be to have a corporate representative in each department objectively reporting their daily/weekly observations to the CFO. This person could report on interoffice morale, review management tactics and hold management accountable for improving working conditions without the fear of being fired for speaking their minds.
    Bottomline: There needs to be better communication, more realistic goals and morale needs to be increased. Morale is most often increased by creating a positive work environment, ability to complete expectations and a higher salary. Happy people do their jobs more efficiently and that creates more profit for the corporation!

Excellent company with solid leadership

Management (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsStrong foundation based on ethics and integrity. Very well established global company with vision for the future.

ConsStill many cultures coming together from the many mergers and acquisitions. While listed as a con, it can also add a healthy benefit to get so many differeing points of view.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to bring together the best from each company and not stay locked in on any one previous culture

Has served me well enough for 11 years

Site Manager III (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsAs with most companies, the little guys usually get the worst of it. The problem is, recognition of them is poor as well. There is no profit sharing, the bonuses are only for upper management, and the few reward programs they have aren't really directed at the best employees, just the ones who scored highest on a pointless test, or took optional training, etc. Meanwhile, the best employees could possibly get nothing. There is room for growth, but it really depends on what marketplace you live in.

ConsThere is a complicated system for pretty much everything you need to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive rewards for ALL good employees, help motivate them. Don't expect middle management to motivate employees when they are given no resources to do so.

Great introduction to B2B sales, that's about it

Major Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsThere's a major lack in talent because of the low base salary and compensation plan, so it is easy to look like a stud as a mediocre sales rep. You can move up within the company fairly easier just by hanging around because the turnover rate is so high. You can make a great living if you play the politics properly

ConsCompensation plan is horrible. Way below industry average for base salary and the commission percentages actually dropped 1% on April 1st. Management is a good ole boys club from regional vp and above. Unless you know someone who will carry you to the top, you don't stand a chance. This company is not willing to invest in it's people or it's outdated offices. It's all about bottom line. We don't practice what we preach and almost everything we use on a day to day basis is well out of date. Except salesforce our crm program. Ricoh invests in acquisitions and micro management. That's about it. My largest concern in working for this company is that Ricoh is a follower and not a leader in innovation and ideas

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is tough because there is a lot of work that needs to be done. The sales environment needs to be more positive. After all, we are all on the same team as Ricoh employees. Salaries need to be closer to industry average to surround us with more talented employees. Invest in the technology that we preach to our customers. In order for employees to understand the benefits of software, let them use it to streamline their day to day business processes. Hire successful sales people in senior management, not accountants who only care about crunching numbers and don't understand soft costs. I've worked for companies that when I left regional meetings I was so excited to go out and talk about new technology. The meetings here are boring and beat up sessions

Great stepping stone into big money careers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTons of resources and tons of training. Tons of top performers with great advice. Major/Strategic Accounts = great careers!

ConsToo low of salary in Mid-market for long term stability. Too many negative Nancy's and too many complainers. Tenure is more valuable than merit which makes zero sense in sales

Advice to Senior ManagementLess feet on the street, higher salaries and more accountability = less turnover

Solid benefits, siloed company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsWork life balance and work from home are nice options with my current team. Good 401(k). Lots of skills and different areas of the business to draw experience from.

ConsLarge company with a number of past acquisitions has created a lot of silos. Many groups do not know much about what the others do. Time card system is an inefficient way to do business for employees and managers and shows lack of trust.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on breaking down the silos and unifying the company.

No room for employee involvement!

ProsI like the freedom of working without constant supervision!

ConsDead end job! No possibility or advancement!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees!

Worked for Ricoh Americas Corporation? Contribute to the Community!