Ricoh

www.ricoh.com

Ricoh Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Ricoh – US – “joining in on the fun”

Ricoh President & CEO Zenji Miura

Zenji Miura

Pros
  • Great people/management, very nice vacation structure(in 5 reviews)

• Good work/life balance, great people, nice benefits(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No one knows what others are doing(in 5 reviews)

• Low starting base pay should be increased(in 3 reviews)

Exciting to work in so many companies as an onsite employee.

On Site Service Specialist (Former Employee) Glenview, IL

ProsRicoh is a green company, they are always looking for ways to innovate and improving the work atmosphere. Company provided education was easy to access and encouraged.

ConsLocal Management was lacking some key management skills and some employees are not disciplined appropriately or kept on when they should be let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrated Account Managers, Operational Management and local site managers should be trained in communication skills for the professional environment; meetings, site supervision and etiquette. DISC Personality education and application should be standard across the board.

Awesome Company..if you work hard

Area Development Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosthe pay and commissions potential are significantly higher than other companies, in the same family.

ConsLow starting base pay should be increased

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow the lower account bases while increasing the learning potential for new employees. The company is very focused on actually helping customers and not just selling them a box. This company is very cutting edge.

Mysteriously managed company

On-Site Services Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsWork is low-intensity, people are friendly, work in many different situations. Pay is adequate for the type and amount of work you are expected to do.

ConsManagement is a mystery. No one knows what others are doing. Contracts for on-site service are billed as full time to clients but there is rarely full time work being done, at least in my experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time with your on-site support and see what they do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ricoh Legal

Account Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsSteady paycheck, flexible work hours, must work late or early hours as needed by clients.

ConsFuture of the company looks grim. Ricoh does not have a good long term plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart looking for new jobs because when you run the company into the ground you are going to be unemployed. Most regional managers and above are just trying to coast until retirement. They don't understand the service industry which is where the future of the business lies.

21 years of mergers, new names, new bosses and nothing changes

ProsI enjoy the office culture. My job is specific to my career aspirations. As a manager, I have an opportunity to shape my employees career and help them grow, as well as help them to be happy at work.

ConsPay is horrible. Unless you are in a money making position (sales) you had better negotiate a great starting wage - because your raises will always be less than 2% (if that). Even if promoted to a much higher level position, raises are capped to no more than 6%. Benefits changed this year and are now significantly less coverage for significantly more premium per month - with significantly higher co-pays. Each year I feel that I actually pay financially to continue to work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider benefit plans and make them realistic. The plan I would have like to have gotten cost almost half as much as I make per month. Our front line employees in Managed Services make so little because sales is unable to sell profitable accounts. That is the fault of sales. Stop rewarding their poor performance while making site employees pay the price. You can not entice quality sales people with just money. As you read their reviews they all say the job is great for 2 years. They have no intention of being around for the entire length of a 5 year contract. But yet they go on trips, get great financial incentive and seem to be "courted" by management. The faces the customers see every day for 5 years or more are an after thought. If they are even thought of.

Ok

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsLots of training, some freedom to be on own schedule but depends on your manager.

Consmicro managed, low reimbursement for expense. lots of driving

Advice to Senior Managementlet your account executives work and don't try to tell them how to sell.

Complete Chaos

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEnjoyed my colleagues very much

ConsOnly focused on shareholder value

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your resume and get out!

Pay Does Not Fit Work Load

On Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsMany sites get all holidays off. Benefit eligibility. An effort is made to keep a good and fair work environment. Opportunities to grow. Work/life balance.

ConsWork load and pay do not match. Clients tend to demand more than what is required.

I have had a very good experience over 8 years, but trends are not in the right direction

Strategic Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGood work/life balance, great people, nice benefits

ConsCommissions and pay in general have been cut consistently over the last 3 years. While that may be because of a lack of profit in core business, there has not been consistent direction in how to replace that. Quotas are very unrealistic; in my marketplace, less than 5% of salespeople made quota last year. That type of result is consistent

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent management lacks a forward-thinking sales strategy for services. The CEO is a bean counter, not a salesperson, and morale in the sales ranks is at an all-time low. My advice would be to actually trim the number of salespeople, and use that money to a) add technical engineers and support staff, and b) increase compensation. At present, Ricoh is an army of low-paid, underperforming sales reps

entry level

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsGreat experience, places to move up. - Not hard to be a team leader if you are self motivated. Very manager specific to your experience. Outside sales so you are not stuck in an office. Nice Benefits

ConsInternal changes with mergers and constant shifts towards different focuses. A lot of back end work to make a sale. Constant billing department issues. As an account manager you are truly managing each account, not just a sales rep - constant internal issues needing to be resolved on customers behalf.

Worked for Ricoh? Contribute to the Community!