Ricoh UK

Updated November 15, 2014
Updated November 15, 2014
3.4

Tadashi Tokura

Good company to work for, good atmosphere

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Northampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Ricoh UK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good atmosphere, busy, always something different, challenging.

Cons

Don't really have much to complain about to be honest.

Give your customer the same advise & support, that you expect from the customer service advisors.

Contract

Former Employee - IT Reseller Manager in Saint Albans, England (UK)
    Former Employee - IT Reseller Manager in Saint Albans, England (UK)

I worked at Ricoh UK as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Want to grow IT Reseller Channel

Cons

Not attached with Parent Company in Europe

Try communication

The Ricoh Way

Current Employee - Operator in Telford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operator in Telford, England (UK)

I have been working at Ricoh UK as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Ive had varied roles at Ricoh, currently working 12 hour shifts, manufacturing toner bottles, we are trained in all aspects of manufacturing and quality. The training is on going as there are constantly new lines and products being orocessed.
    Benefits are a good rate of pay, healthcare, pensions, fflexibilty, great holiday entitlement, as well as a fantastic canteen area, with TV, pool and free internet.

Cons

Only challenges are long hours and short breaks.

Just to keep the work force in the loop refernce new product launches and the future of Ricoh UK.

RICOH UK products ltd. Worked during the summer as an operator on a production line.

I have been working at Ricoh UK

Pros

Good pay, great structure. Friendly atmosphere, Management is well organised. Can't say much about promotion opportunities

Cons

Work tends to be tedious. But it is expected, as it is work in the manufacturing sector.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Commission Analyst in Northampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Commission Analyst in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Ricoh UK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nice working environment, great staff.

Cons

Ricoh expects a lot from it's staff, but provide below average software/systems to work with. For an IT company, there is far too much "box ticking" going on.

Sort your systems out!!

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at Ricoh UK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great teamwork within my team of engineers and good manager. Very good technical back-up for engineers and excellent field service manager, very good training facilities

Cons

constant changes in company policy and contract which I have to sign or "i am effectively resigning my position". Regional service management are so far out of what it is like to actually do the job of a field service engineer and are far to company focused over the need of the engineers. lack of continuity across all areas within the company

stop changing contracts for the benefit of the company and hang over the threat of loosing your job if the new contract isn't e signed within your time. sort out policies

Demotivated, Disrespected, Lack of Training, Failed Promises.

Current Employee - Operator
    Current Employee - Operator

I have been working at Ricoh UK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. ) I like the people I work with (not for)
    2. ) Engineers are pretty sharp, very good at getting where they need to be on time.

Cons

1. ) Lack of respect for "small fish in the pond" - your opinion does not matter, if you haven't licked enough rear to get to management then your going to be treated the same every day.
    2. ) Client constantly unhappy with Ricoh's lack of fulfilling of their promises and messing up the billing side of things. (Makes us look bad, when really we are the professionals being let down by this monstrosity of a company.)
    3. ) Poor training, if any. - Ricoh's version of training is sending you a load of nonsense once a week via e-mail then demanding you read it so it covers their backs when asked if they provide training (load of bull)
    4. ) Management infrastructure is poor throughout. I know one or two managers who cut a lot of corners and make big deals of little things when really the bigger picture is messing up and that is why our client is not happy.
    5. ) I might be young, but I am a smart lad looking to advance and expand my career prospects, what can you offer me? - nothing in reality, yeah it's a job at the end of the day and it pays the bills, but there comes a time when you feel like you can do more.
    6. ) Our bonus for customer satisfaction was not given. Despite having a near perfect record with our customers, none of that seemed to matter after getting one or two complaints. I would agree if you were to dock some of the bonus, but not all of it, it's an insult, it's rubbing salt in the wounds.

Listen to employees, listen to the client and stop promising things that just don't happen, offer proper training, stop cutting corners, and actually offer some hope to employees that want to progress in your company.
    You take hard working employees for granted. Do you realise just how much I have put in to your company (which goes beyond the job description) and not received one word of thanks.

A disconnected, lumbering organisation in desperate need of change.

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ricoh UK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to build your career if you have the initiative to lead your role - management generally don't manage.

Cons

Many silos - it's easy to forget separate departments actually work for the same organisation. A culture of bullying from senior management infects the whole of the organisation.

We express to our customers the virtues of innovation and connectivity, yet we are far behind "practising what we preach". Understand that the transition we need to go on as an organisation won't be pain-free and expect casualties.

Ricoh

Current Employee - Corporate Accounts Sales
    Current Employee - Corporate Accounts Sales

I have been working at Ricoh UK

Pros

great product range which is supported by some good people have a large engineer fleet to support devices in the field.

Cons

Ricoh is fast becoming a basket case after installing a back office system that does not function particularly when raising invoices for customers the sales force is expected to sort out invoice problems which can not be rectified due to system installed and the processes involved, there are so many people who are past careing in Ricoh it makes it difficult to do a job correctly combined with a poor basic salary and a bad commision structure with overly aggressive sales managers Ricoh is not a great place to work the management really need to look at some their ethics and face facts that Ricoh is currently a failed business in the UK because of an management style and back office infrastructure.

Look out how you are perceived by your employees and competition you have a terrible perception within the industry and your dealer mentality really does not fit in with a manufacturer ethos the company is currently being driven by process and administration which makes it difficult for it to be sales focussed there really does need to be some significant changes and admission by the management and board that Ricoh is not the business it should be in the UK

Ricoh UK Photos

Feltham: Ricoh UK Limited (Photo thanks to Geograph user Nigel Cox, Some Rights Reserved)
Ricoh Factory (Photo thanks to Geograph user John M, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo