Rieter Automotive North America

www.rieter.com

Rieter Automotive North America Reviews

2.9

Rich Derr

They don't treat their employees well.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oregon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oregon, OH

I worked at Rieter Automotive North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Even though the pay is not extremely good you can work all the overtime you want. Write your own pay check.

Cons

They do not treat employees well. They can force you to work 16 hrs./day. You can be forced to work 7 days/week. The jobs in the molding dept. are very hard on your shoulders, arms. There are quite a few work place injuries in which the company's policy is to fight all.

Treat your employees the way that you would like to be treated. At least pretend that you care for their welfare and that they are important to the operation. Put people in management who have proven skills to preform their duties.

25 yrs. exp. forklift driver/production & assmebly line inspected QC to ensure quality/team leader/quater foreman 15 yr.

Former Employee - Forklift Driver 25yrs  in  Oregon, OH
    Former Employee - Forklift Driver 25yrs in Oregon, OH

I worked at Rieter Automotive North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

worked thier since 1984 to 2010 it was my life future income early retirement of 25 yrs. loved it there & the people I worked with Good Place to work!!!!

Cons

I have no beef w/ any of them!!!

They were the best in every department of the plant and met there qualifications. Was were very good to us employors. No Advice to Management

Little recognition and a lot of busy work.

Former Employee - Tool Engineering Intern  in  Bloomsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Tool Engineering Intern in Bloomsburg, PA

I worked at Rieter Automotive North America

Pros

You learn a lot about the carpets that are put into new cars. The manufacturing side was very interesting to learn. Becoming a supervisor is very easy.

Cons

Very little job recognition. Products aren't interesting. Buildings are hot and poorly ventilated. management is not experienced. Very poor communication. Poor salary. Flooding is very common. Outdated equipment and buildings that are very disorganized. A lot of work is being outsourced to Mexico.

They need to hire managers that are competent at managing, not just move someone who's been there a long time into a management position.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Eliminate the main problem at Rieter Automitive

Current Employee - Calendar Operator  in  Lowell, IN
    Current Employee - Calendar Operator in Lowell, IN

I have been working at Rieter Automotive North America

Pros

Rieter Automotive is less than 15 miles away from my home.

Cons

Having an assistant plant manager calling the shots for these peoples future, and being as "unstable" as he is. In the 24 yrs. being with this company, I have never seen anyone get away with what this man has done to the moral of this company.

Get rid of the problem, which is the Assistant plant manager, that would increase plant moral, which would also increase productivity.

Worked for Rieter Automotive North America? Contribute to the Community!