Right Management
www.right.com Milwaukee, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Right Management Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Jonas Prising

Pros:
  • "Definitely a feel good product and the kowledge you are helping people and companies"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Great place to work with great people"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "There are serious employee engagement issues, which Right completely disregards"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Not much communication from senior leadership; little innovation or support for new ideas"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Provide career transition services to laid-off employees including facilitating courses and offering one-on-one consulti

Career Management Consultant (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsFlexability, training experience, customer service

ConsWork less than 10 hours per month. Looking for a full-time HR management job.

Absolute Worst Company to work for, dedication means nothing, horrific leadership team in Northeast Region

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Melville, NY

ProsFew amazing hard working NON Consultants that are dedicated and not recognized.

ConsEmployees are just another face. I've been with Right for 4 years and seen the whole Talent Management team fired or leave. They offer employees who are let go NOTHING after employee in most cases did nothing but work hard and fully dedicated to the success of the company. The leadership is horrific, they will dump you on the street and not look back. "Leadership" team is not qualified esp. Resource managers. BEWARE. NO human resource at RM Northeast. I've seen them nickel and dime clients and force dedicated qualified employees out the door. All politics, not based on performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNELT- Start treating employees ESP your support with respect. In addition, you will loose all clients if you continue to nickel and dime employees and clients. START practicing what you preach to employees. Recognize success. START worrying about employee engagement.

The worst company to work for.

Delivery (Current Employee)
    Northeast, NY

ProsIf you are an admin.....management has tried hard to engage you. to boost record low scores. By inviting admin to the table and getting them in the know, engagement increased. Ask Right to slice the engagement scores by function. Delivery and Sales are clearly less engaged.

ConsSales and Delivery are not compensated fairly, Motivation is by fear. They have fired many members of both the management and delivery teams with NO SEVERANCE !!! Employees see this

Advice to Senior ManagementStart walking the talk. As an HR consulting company that preaches treating employees fairly and with respect......Right Management is the epitamy of hypocricy!!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Culture, Horrible Management

Sales Support (Current Employee)

ProsOne of the only reasons I still work for Right Management as this point is the flexibility they offer. I've worked at home for quite a long time now and that works for me very well. I don't think I could do this job in an office ever.

ConsJust about everything else. I haven't had a pay increase in over 5 years. I work around the clock and often on weekends and get very little in the way of recognition or incentive to stay here. In fact, the only feedback I ever get is negative. Despite working endless hours, it's always a message of "you're not doing enough" and "you need to be better." I've always given 100% to this company and they give nothing back but negativity and more work. This company was a great place to work up until about 2009, then it's gone downhill like a runaway train. I'm leaving ASAP.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange most of your management figures, they are horrible leaders. They send a very negative message down throughout the organization. How about fairly compensating employees that virtually give their lives by spending most of their personal time doing work. How about creating a positive environment by eliminating the negative people in management?

You think it can't get any worse...until it does

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsNone are in leadership, but there are truly some amazing, dedicated people employed here.

ConsI have been with the company well over 10 years. Like any company, there was always some dysfunction. However, it has steadily been deteriorating (or decomposing) for a number of years. Cost cutting, reduced hours with increased expectations, and management that, generally, has nothing to do with the minions. There are serious employee engagement issues, which Right completely disregards. They know. They just don't care. Truly something you want to see from a human resources related service company.

As bad as it seems, it isn't over. Not only is the culture terrible, but there have been, and continue to be, incredibly bad decisions being made about the direction of the business. The single thing Right had going for it was the quality (though not quantity) of service delivered to clients. That is not the case anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementDespite the yearly engagement surveys and superficial attempts to improve employee satisfaction, employees know management treats most people like nameless, faceless members of the Right herd. And, frankly most, are accustomed to it. Clients have also become the victims of Right's short-sighted, self-interested, talking head puppets of Manpower.

Like any company, Right must turn a profit to stay around. However, the company still insists on the same cost cutting and service reducing methods, the entire time crying that the sky will fall any minute. Downplaying, of course, the fact that business is coming in droves, and the company is generally profitable. It is time for Right to get out of the people business.

Talent Management: A Sinking Ship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs a talent management consultant in the Northeast for over five years, I worked with wonderful people who care about their clients, the quality of their solutions, and developing themselves. The team is friendly, open minded, and willing to work together.

ConsThere are several major issues that prevent Right's talent management team from being successful in the Northeast: no brand in the already saturated marketplace, leadership that doesn't understand talent management, a revolving door of leaders within the region, unrealistic expectations, and a poorly prepared sales team (despite their best efforts). The solutions are thrown together and lack the cohesiveness and content that any other mid-rate firm would be able to provide. The intellectual property hasn't been updated in a decade, there is no focus on developing talent, and in general, the consultants need to fly by the seat of their pants and throw together solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're serious about having talent management in the Northeast, give the team the tools to be great. Upgrade the leadership - bring on people who know the space. Be open to conversations about elevating the brand. Make sure you're doing all you can to retain your best people.

Great people, perfect mission!

Office Administrator (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone has the enery and enthusiasm to do the job and deliver the best services.

ConsThe management has been changed frequently and that brings along some inconsistency to the firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee engagement should be your main focus, you have the right talent, make sure to engage them and retain them.

Leadership exclusively focused on cutting costs. No focus on providing quality coaching to candidates.

ProsSchedule flexibility. Helping candidates through one to one coaching is the major reward.

ConsVery poor leadership all the way to the top of the parent company, Manpower.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your coaches and give them the time and tools to provide quality coaching. They can help bring in future business. Fire the financial wonks running the business. They don't have a clue on what it takes to deliver quality.

Great Service Provider

Career Management Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work schedule; option to work virtually in home-based division. Solid product that provides a great service to organizations and their displaced employees. Employees are well educated and keep informed of newest developments.

ConsMany jobs are contract jobs. I survived 4 layoffs before losing my contract status due to the turnaround in the economy. When the economy is bad, companies are willing to pay for these services when laying off multiple employees. When economy is good, not as much work for contract employees.

Gutted by Manpower

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs is probably true of most human capital consulting firms, there are some smart people who really love helping others achieve their potential, and are great colleagues.

ConsSince bought out by Manpower some years ago, company has gone from ok to bad to loathsome. No investment in acquiring or developing talent (ironically!), no investment in research, no respect for or appreciation of employees outside of Manpower HQ.

Advice to Senior Management"Cheapest consulting firm in town" isn't really a viable value proposition.

Worked for Right Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Right Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Right Management CEO Jonas Prising. All 149 reviews posted anonymously by Right Management employees.