www.right.com

Updated December 5, 2014
Updated December 5, 2014
3.2

Jonas Prising

Pros
  • Definitely a feel good product and the kowledge you are helping people and companies (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule - am often able to work from home when sick, for doctor's appointments, etc (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • None to list - local leadership and senior management have been doing a great job at increasing employee engagement (in 7 reviews)

• Very poor leadership all the way to the top of the parent company, Manpower (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A company that makes a difference in people's lives.

Current Employee - Vice President in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Right Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been working with Right Management almost 20 years now and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. I have a wonderful boss and a great team. It's a good feeling at the end of the day to know you helped someone during one of hardest times of their life. I'm very grateful to part of the Right Management family.

Cons

There are no disadvantages to working at Right.

Excellent job for maintaining a great company culture while getting the job done.

good job

I worked at Right Management

Pros

good job good pay good work

Cons

time off drug test and america

Great Company to work for!

I worked at Right Management

Pros

Supportive Leadership, amazing colleagues and an extremely Professional environment where the Clients/Candidates are a priority!

Cons

Can be impersonal at times due to so many staff working from home and closed doors- but each office is different. Everyone has always been extremely friendly and welcoming

Continue the support to your team- there is money wasted on airfare and hotels that can be put to better use. Allow a few airlines for travel- not just whatever they select to fly on- can save a lot of $$ there!

Great Leaders!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Right Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best people, a constantly growing global footprint, amazing innovative solutions and the absolute best sales leadership. The people are by far the best reason to work for Right Management. I've had the great fortune to work with many wonderfull people across functions and geographies, but this review is about leadership and particularly sales leadership. We have leaders in place that truly care, our product, our contribution and our people. I've never met a more passionate group of people, people who walk the talk. As with all organizations, if you work with Right Management, you'll sometimes have doubts and disappointments, but if you're lucky enough to be here through the current leadership, you'll never doubt the committment and capabilities of our sales leadership. Helping us to better understand our services, hiring the best talent, creating best practices. As corny as it sounds, it's so refreshing to have leaders who actually make you want to be better. Not only do our employees benefit, but our clients are definately feeling the magic!

Cons

We have been particularly structured along geographical lines. This created a culture often divided by geographical boundaries. We struggled with an overall company cohesiveness. That structure is rapidly changing.

Remain accessible. Maintain your integrity. Stay close. Do the right thing. Really get to know your team, each person will reveal their special talents if you let them. Be honest. Focus is only good if the object is good. Let your teams continue to see who you are and what you bring to the table. Share yourself -- be generous with your time and more importantly with your knowledge. Stop every once in a while to see the forest. Don't settle for good, be awesome. Inspire.

Project Staff

Current Employee - Project Staff in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Staff in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Right Management as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of flexibility for someone who is not looking for full time work. No stress, stay involved in what is going on in corporate reorganizations. Meet many people. You can turn down assignments but I suggest to be as available for work as possible so you are perceived as dependable.

Cons

No chance for advancement. The work is on per diem, as needed basis.

New management is revitalizing the company. Kudos

Steadily dissolving

Former Employee - Sales Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Right Management part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great organization in the past but either needs to be wound up or incorporated fully into Manpower fast

Cons

Little regard for diversity in teams worldwide or in terms of understanding individual country cultures. It's great to provide clients with worldwide research but clients want and look elsewhere for consulting based on their individual organizations, sectors, and requirements.

Revitalize marketing and sales strategy to compete with talent management competitors in individual countries who are leaving RM in the dust

Oversold Reality of CMC / Resume Specialist Role

Current Employee - Resume Specialist/Career Management Consultant
    Current Employee - Resume Specialist/Career Management Consultant

I have been working at Right Management as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

flexibility, control over schedule, remote work (work from home), stay current on resume writing and career branding practices, professional-level position

Cons

Compensation, billable hours, available projects - CMCs and Resume Specialists have been over-sold the number of hours and amount of work available. Many of us are barely getting a paltry number of hours each week, and I imagine some of us will be leaving for more predictable work (and paychecks).

consultant

Former Employee - Career Management Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Career Management Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Right Management part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible part-time work, rewarding work

Cons

Increasingly impersonal and cost conscious

Not the same since ManPower took over...

I worked at Right Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the brightest minds in the realm of career and talent management are either at or have been at Right Management and they have worked hard to sell their services.

Cons

Sadly the organization does not value their people and invest in their development.

You can't do the same thing and expect different results. More sales people need to be added for goals to be meet and sustained.

Great place to work if you do not need steady income

Current Employee - Career Management Consultant
    Current Employee - Career Management Consultant

I have been working at Right Management as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and talent of colleagues and training

Cons

To work at Right as a project staff member, you are paid hourly. In fact Right Management employees have not seen a pay increase for 5 years. They are asked to attend Manpower meetings without pay - they get around it by stating these meetings are voluntary. You will be ask to attend projects on a voluntary basis which means no pay for your time.. You need to buy your own computer and pay for all office supplies including phone.

Pay increase for Right Management project employees, career ladder with title change and professional development.

Right Management Photos