Right Management Reviews

Updated October 2, 2014
Updated October 2, 2014

Jonas Prising

Pros
  • Definitely a feel good product and the kowledge you are helping people and companies (in 11 reviews)

• Work-life balance is quite good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • None to list - local leadership and senior management have been doing a great job at increasing employee engagement (in 7 reviews)

• Very poor leadership all the way to the top of the parent company, Manpower (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Right On!

I have been working at Right Management (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company focuses on emerging trends and making sure they are delivering current and relevant information. There are starting to leverage the power of the parent company and sister companies and when that goes into full effect - they will be a force to be reckoned with!

Cons

I work with some really talented people. We don't always get the opportunity to do more. Have more project or contract employees than full time and that often limits what we can do.

Perhaps offering access to better benefits to project employees if you can not make them full time. Also work to give them more training and development.

VP Sales

Former Employee - Vice President Business Development
    Former Employee - Vice President Business Development

I worked at Right Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Known for quality outplacement services

Cons

Poor leadership, lack of employee engagement due to weak leaders, lack of marketing, lack of value for internal talent

Cutting cost is not a strategy for growth...invest in the current internal talent, appreciate their value- get new leadership, invest in branding for talent management services

Changed for the worse as a place to work.

I worked at Right Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Manpower acquired Right in 2004 but didn't lay a heavy hand on Right until several years later. Prior to the acquisition, and in the first few years of it, Right colleagues were motivated, positive, talented, and a pleasure to work with. Management listened (regional and executive). Management cared. And Right's services were the best in the business.

Cons

Manpower has squeezed the proverbial turnip until there is no blood left. Consultants, administrators, project managers, and local/regional management are burned out, feeling put-upon, majorly overloaded and just plain fed up. Talented -- and formerly very dedicated -- people are leaving in droves because they've had it and feel as if they are on a sinking ship.

Stand up to Manpower and make them realize that doing more with less only works to a point.

Used to be a great company...steadily going downhill with no upturn in sight

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Right Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are still some good people left in the organization, but they steadily leaving. Our services are still perceived to be top-notch by clients, even as the industry changes into a commodity driven market.

Cons

Management, senior and regional, are absolutely clueless about engagement, morale, and where we are heading. Or they just don't care. People quitting everywhere but no communication or retention visible, or any reaction to our massive brain drain. Quality of people gets worse, things slip through cracks, but thats ok as it is now just a numbers game. We are hanging on but I would not recommend Right Management to anyone as a place to work. Manpower stripped us to the bone, and are now shaving the bones...there's hardly anything left to shave and then we will be thrown into the trash.

Wake up! There is still time to turn this around, but most believe you don't want to. Shake up management at regional level and invest in our growth on the Talent Management side. Our solutions are tired and old, no matter how well we dress them up with the 5th re-branding in as many years. Listen, and I don't mean to the annual engagement survey that people are too afraid to answer truthfully.

Parent company changed the company

I worked at Right Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pros WERE:
    -Speaking prior to 2012: leadership cared about its employees, input from employees were welcomed and valued

Cons

Cons are:
    -Parent company (ManpowerGroup) changed the culture of Right Management, talent was no longer a priority, finding ways to make the numbers look good for stockholders was the priority.
    -Great talent is being burned out because the company is letting people go and not bringing in resources to replace them or are bringing in resources that are not familiar or educated on the company.
    -The IT department was outsourced to resources in India which work on different time zones and are very difficult to understand and contact. Response times on issues is horrible.
    -The culture of everyone working together no longer exist, it became a very 'me centered' organization

Look at what made Right Management successful and work to bring that back. Be transparent and communicate with your employees, treat them how you would want to be treated.

Felt like a family, until we merged with Manpower and corporate functions outsourced or consolidated.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at Right Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great corporate team. We all worked well together and were able to accomplish a lot in a short time.

Cons

They outsourced the IT Group.

Career Consultant (coach)

Current Employee - Career Management Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Career Management Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Right Management part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is good work to help people through transitions to new jobs and careers. The work with clients is very satisfying. As a part time person there is good flexibility of scheduling.

Cons

With a small case load there is limited access to company information and limited access to working with colleagues.

LOVE Right Management!

Current Employee - Career Management Consultant
    Current Employee - Career Management Consultant

I have been working at Right Management part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They value professional development of staff and everyone I work with is very professional, intelligent and enjoys collaborating. The schedule is flexible, which I love.

Cons

Pay is a little low but even so, if I could work more hours that would make up for it.

Keep up the professional development and training and thank you for listening when we share what else within the organization we may enjoy doing! This helps us expand our roles and continue to grow while also providing the most current information to our clients when it comes to their job search!

Wonderful company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Right Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Incredibly talented employees that have 100% dedication to our clients and candidates, flexible work environment, committed leadership, development opportunities, innovative strategic consultative solutions that are always tailored and designed to fit the needs of our clients and great culture.

Cons

None to list - local leadership and senior management have been doing a great job at increasing employee engagement.

Please continue to accelerate career development initiatives - leadership has done a great job over the last year improving employee engagement and recognizing employees for their excellent work. We are definitely headed in a positive and exciting direction!

Fantastic local region, found my home after years of searching.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Right Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I had been with the company for years and had been continually thriving.

Pros for me: tuition reimbursement, work from home, development opportunities to grow your skill sets to be more professionally marketable within and outside of the organization, rewarding work as the core of the company is to help people which resonates with me, conscientious and intelligent colleagues, variety (day-to-day can vastly differ), leaders are accessible, summer hours

Cons

One has to take charge of their development, our region and the company as a whole provides many resources but you have to know thyself and be proactive. Our local region offers employees access to career enrichment courses but making time can be the biggest challenge- I find that I need to be really disciplined.

Thank you for giving us summer hours again this year. It is wonderful to be able to kick start our weekend and extend quality time with our family. We hope that this will be an annual practice as it is a great way to recharge ones battery.

Thank you for announcing organizational updates expediently and thank you for investing in us. Tuition reimbursement had been such a great benefit, I hope that it will be here to stay.

Right Management Photos