www.right.com
Profile Unclaimed

Project Staff

Current Contractor - Project Staff in Edison, NJ
    Current Contractor - Project Staff in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Right Management as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of flexibility for someone who is not looking for full time work. No stress, stay involved in what is going on in corporate reorganizations. Meet many people. You can turn down assignments but I suggest to be as available for work as possible so you are perceived as dependable.

Cons

No chance for advancement. The work is on per diem, as needed basis.

New management is revitalizing the company. Kudos

Not the same since ManPower took over...

I worked at Right Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the brightest minds in the realm of career and talent management are either at or have been at Right Management and they have worked hard to sell their services.

Cons

Sadly the organization does not value their people and invest in their development.

You can't do the same thing and expect different results. More sales people need to be added for goals to be meet and sustained.

Great place to work if you do not need steady income

Current Contractor - Career Management Consultant
    Current Contractor - Career Management Consultant

I have been working at Right Management as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and talent of colleagues and training

Cons

To work at Right as a project staff member, you are paid hourly. In fact Right Management employees have not seen a pay increase for 5 years. They are asked to attend Manpower meetings without pay - they get around it by stating these meetings are voluntary. You will be ask to attend projects on a voluntary basis which means no pay for your time.. You need to buy your own computer and pay for all office supplies including phone.

Pay increase for Right Management project employees, career ladder with title change and professional development.

Out of touch with reality; "Employer of Choice" feels like it's for show

Current Employee - Career Management Consultant
    Current Employee - Career Management Consultant

I have been working at Right Management part-time

Pros

Great flexible role if you need / want part time without a steady income.

Cons

Be prepared to be treated as a second-class citizen. Example, you'll regularly received offers from corporate HR that intended for full-time staff, not project staff. Really unprofessional.

Leadership is out of touch with staff needs. As division of ManpowerGroup, there is a big push to be an employer of choice, but it feels like it's the reason to have another initiative rather than address the root cause of issues.

Right On!

I have been working at Right Management (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company focuses on emerging trends and making sure they are delivering current and relevant information. There are starting to leverage the power of the parent company and sister companies and when that goes into full effect - they will be a force to be reckoned with!

Cons

I work with some really talented people. We don't always get the opportunity to do more. Have more project or contract employees than full time and that often limits what we can do.

Perhaps offering access to better benefits to project employees if you can not make them full time. Also work to give them more training and development.

VP Sales

Former Employee - Vice President Business Development
    Former Employee - Vice President Business Development

I worked at Right Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Known for quality outplacement services

Cons

Poor leadership, lack of employee engagement due to weak leaders, lack of marketing, lack of value for internal talent

Cutting cost is not a strategy for growth...invest in the current internal talent, appreciate their value- get new leadership, invest in branding for talent management services

Changed for the worse as a place to work.

I worked at Right Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Manpower acquired Right in 2004 but didn't lay a heavy hand on Right until several years later. Prior to the acquisition, and in the first few years of it, Right colleagues were motivated, positive, talented, and a pleasure to work with. Management listened (regional and executive). Management cared. And Right's services were the best in the business.

Cons

Manpower has squeezed the proverbial turnip until there is no blood left. Consultants, administrators, project managers, and local/regional management are burned out, feeling put-upon, majorly overloaded and just plain fed up. Talented -- and formerly very dedicated -- people are leaving in droves because they've had it and feel as if they are on a sinking ship.

Stand up to Manpower and make them realize that doing more with less only works to a point.

Parent company changed the company

I worked at Right Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pros WERE:
    -Speaking prior to 2012: leadership cared about its employees, input from employees were welcomed and valued

Cons

Cons are:
    -Parent company (ManpowerGroup) changed the culture of Right Management, talent was no longer a priority, finding ways to make the numbers look good for stockholders was the priority.
    -Great talent is being burned out because the company is letting people go and not bringing in resources to replace them or are bringing in resources that are not familiar or educated on the company.
    -The IT department was outsourced to resources in India which work on different time zones and are very difficult to understand and contact. Response times on issues is horrible.
    -The culture of everyone working together no longer exist, it became a very 'me centered' organization

Look at what made Right Management successful and work to bring that back. Be transparent and communicate with your employees, treat them how you would want to be treated.

Felt like a family, until we merged with Manpower and corporate functions outsourced or consolidated.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at Right Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great corporate team. We all worked well together and were able to accomplish a lot in a short time.

Cons

They outsourced the IT Group.

Used to be a great company...steadily going downhill with no upturn in sight

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Right Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are still some good people left in the organization, but they steadily leaving. Our services are still perceived to be top-notch by clients, even as the industry changes into a commodity driven market.

Cons

Management, senior and regional, are absolutely clueless about engagement, morale, and where we are heading. Or they just don't care. People quitting everywhere but no communication or retention visible, or any reaction to our massive brain drain. Quality of people gets worse, things slip through cracks, but thats ok as it is now just a numbers game. We are hanging on but I would not recommend Right Management to anyone as a place to work. Manpower stripped us to the bone, and are now shaving the bones...there's hardly anything left to shave and then we will be thrown into the trash.

Wake up! There is still time to turn this around, but most believe you don't want to. Shake up management at regional level and invest in our growth on the Talent Management side. Our solutions are tired and old, no matter how well we dress them up with the 5th re-branding in as many years. Listen, and I don't mean to the annual engagement survey that people are too afraid to answer truthfully.

Right Management Photos