Right at Home
www.rightathome.net Omaha, NE 16 to 50 Employees

Right at Home Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Allen Hager

nice, knew I knew how to care for people , with cappasion and with any nationality

PCA (Current Employee)
Henderson, NV

I have been working at Right at Home full-time for less than a year

Prostook me where the house was to met the son. offer jobs

ConsI just could not take care someone 24 hours for 3 days. he never sleep,he go short daps

Advice to Senior Managementfind the people that are right for the jobs you have

Loved the work, but too few clients and low pay made it not worthwhile.

Charleston, WV

I worked at Right at Home full-time for less than a year

ProsMeeting some awesome people and developing close relationships with your clients.

ConsToo few clients meant work was sparse. No fuel reimbursement either so if you live in a rural area like I do, accepting a job 30 miles away can be rough.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider possibly adding gas reimbursement getting to and from the patient's home, especially in rural areas.

Caregiver

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Right at Home

ProsThere is a pretty flexible schedule they pretty much let you do your work, while keeping tabs on things.

ConsThe pay could be better. Seems the caregivers get less than half of what the clients actually pay.

its okay wish they pay more considering,I have all three certification,/CMA/CNA/HHA

CNA, Certified Nurse Aide, Home Health Aide, Caregiver (Current Employee)

I have been working at Right at Home full-time for less than a year

Proswell I like working one on one at the residents at home,or assisting living.I can at least set my own hours,and how many clients I want to see daily.

Conswell having to do two ten hour shifts,then one twelve hour shift helps me to get 32 hours quickly,then add 6hours ,I'm two hours shy of 40 hours,and how can I forget get paid once a week,at Right At Home.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell I'm dependable ,reliable,always on time dress and ready for schedule shift by management.Very hard worker.Give hundred percent effort to complete any daily job tasks.Productive and creative to make job easier and more rewarding.I feel I would be a great access to your company,please consider me,and don't hesitate to contact me.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Disorganized

CNA (Former Employee)
Frederick, MD

I worked at Right at Home part-time for less than a year

Pros-Can make your own schedule.
-weekly pay

Cons-inadequate report to shifts
-don't reimburse for gas
-for a while I had to drive far away for an assignment
-background check and physical comes out of your first check and they don't pay it back.
-Some people required more care than I could provide e.g. a patient they said was one assist could barely get out of the wheelchair and she had no gait belt and was very heavy. She would be a 2 assist in a facility.

I really enjoyed working with the clients I had.

North Augusta, SC

I worked at Right at Home part-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking with new and different people. Talking with the elderly clients.

ConsNot enough hours or pay

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider giving your caregivers a raise. They do a lot for their clients.

Horrible., the manager/co-owner is rude, demeaning and verbally abusive

Bookkeeper (Former Employee)
Manassas, VA

I worked at Right at Home part-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible schedule, other front office staff very sweet.

ConsThis team of co-owner's are so distrustful, they have camera's throughout the office and record all phone conversations. They had gone through 3 bookkeeper's before me, and I only lasted 2 days before I was fired for taking a smoke break (of less than 5 minutes because it was cold!) The man proceeded to call me names and threaten me with the police because I wasn't leaving fast enough. I have never been so amused and ticked off at the same time. It was absolutely ridiculous.
one of the co-owner's dressed like a slob, zero professional appearance,

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a chill pill. You have gone through countless receptionist & bookkeepers in the past 6 months; everyone else can not always be wrong. The vulgar and abusive language is not professional and the fact that you did it in full view of the rest of the office staff AND a lobby full of people applying for CNA positions.

Hard work and dedication is not appreciated

Caregiver (Former Employee)

I worked at Right at Home part-time for more than a year

ProsGetting to know the clients and their families, getting to work with clients on a one on one basis

ConsHard work and dedication are not appreciated or rewarded, there's no rules...most employees do as they please and there's never any consequences, working with other caregivers that don't care about the clients and don't put their best interests in mind, hard to get new clients and/or additional hours, unprofessional environment

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the employees that are dedicated and actually do their jobs! Follow through on the rules that are set forth!

I loved it here!!!

Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Right at Home full-time for more than a year

ProsI really enjoyed working with Right at Home because the Care Coordinators actually cared about their clients. I've since worked at other in-home facilities and I LOVED working with this company the most.

ConsThey try so hard to place workers with clients according to personality sometimes you don't get work for weeks unless you have a consistent client.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're fantastic. Keep caring because people notice.

The quality of the job depends on the quality of the client assingned

Caregiver (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Right at Home full-time for less than a year

ProsIndependent to manage the care schedule without excessive interference from management, in other words, know your client, manage your time and activities to meet the clients needs and management will leave you alone.

ConsMandatory training days on weekends, low pay, shift pay rather then hourly pay. Shift pay is fine provided you are paid at your hourly rate. Live in (24 hour shift) pay should be at 12 hour shift rate and not at a lower pay scale. They justify the lower pay scale when working a 24 hour shift because you have time to sleep in which case the night workers should always be at the lower rate since (from my observations anyway) that is what they do (sleep) most of the time. I did have the pleasure of working with one aide who actually worked at night when the client was awake.

Worked for Right at Home? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Right at Home reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Right at Home CEO Allen Hager. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Right at Home employees.