Right at Home

Updated December 2, 2014
Updated December 2, 2014
2.9

Allen Hager

Pros
  • There is a pretty flexible schedule they pretty much let you do your work, while keeping tabs on things (in 4 reviews)

• They work around your schedule and match you to the right client (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Cons- not full time, no benefits, to paid sick days, hit or miss with hours (in 5 reviews)

• Low pay, left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing (i (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

The pay stinks but it is fun.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Right at Home part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love people and it is worth going to places.

Cons

Not enough hours, Little reward for time off, The pay stinks, There is no chance of advancement, Again I say the pay stinks

Fewer people equals more hours

A company full of employee training resources

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Gainesville, GA
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Gainesville, GA

I worked at Right at Home full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Private pay clients, comfortable working environment

Cons

24 Hr clients, last minute shifts to fill

Working for Right At Home is a great learning experience and for the fact; I make a difference in people's lives.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Right at Home full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am able to engage my clients emotional and be able to bring comfort to them. The ability to make a difference in their lives.

Cons

There is disconnect between management and caregivers. You get connected to the clients and it is very difficult part ways most of the times.

Management should engage employees to discuss issues that would be of mutual benefit to both parties.

Rome office is horrible!

Former Employee - Pca in Rome, GA
    Former Employee - Pca in Rome, GA

I worked at Right at Home part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed helping other people.

Cons

I worked at right at home for one year. I started out making $8 hr. I had a lot of split shift. Management was rude and and does not care one bit about their employees or their well being or safety. I was put in dangerous situations that had nothing to do with my job.They cheated me out of mileage. They also cut your hrs for spite. No insurance!

Care about your employees. Owner needs new office manager and staff.

Right At Home has been very accommodating to my schedule.

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Foxboro, MA
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Foxboro, MA

I have been working at Right at Home part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Right At Home will tailor your schedule to your needs. They will call you for any fill ins. They offer plenty of trainings both in the office and on-line. They ask for a minimum of four hours notice if you cannot make your shift. This gives them time to find someone else to fill your spot. After all this business is all about the clients and their needs.

Cons

There are a lot of one hour jobs so if that is all they have to offer it isn't worth going. Sometimes they can have several one hour jobs in a row. That works better. Sometimes their communication is not that good but it is definately getting better with text messaging and email alerts.

I have no advice to give management. I believe they are doing a good job. The only thing they might want to consider is the experience of the worker and what the client's needs are. Sometimes they have sent a worker to a client who needs to be lifted by hoyer and the employees has never used a hoyer before. It would be helpful for everyone if the employee was trained on how to use a hoyer before being sent to someone needing that service.

Owners are CLUELESS!!!

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Washington, DC

I worked at Right at Home full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Honestly nothing. I learned 2 new types of software and met some interesting people. 2 I've remained friends with after being let go. None of us were happy there (*see below)

Cons

Training (for office staff and caregivers) consists of watching videos about the company for a week straight. That's it. Absolutely NO hands-on-training.

The benefits are even worse. They offer a few options, then told several of us "that is no longer available" and ironically it was the option that made us pay more.

The pay is TERRIBLE. This is for office staff and caregivers alike. NO room for growth.

The owners keep making changes to management, but the real issue is that they keep firing people at or before their 90 day trial period. They should instead focus on training people properly, with better feedback to the employees (in writing) of what is expected of them and what needs to change. Sadly, they just blame the lack of their company getting better on those they hire- rather than taking a hard look inward at themselves. For example, they've let go 9 people since July. This is out of a staff of 14 people in the office.

Office INFESTED WITH COCKROACHES!!! I thought this was a HEALTH care company??

The owners leave the office with a sense of entitlement - making others feel like they aren't able to voice their concerns or good ideas without major repercussions.

*Train employees better rather than just watch movies during the first week.
    *Take employees (yes, a field trip) to some of the places they'll be going (centers where many clients are), TEACH them how their positions each affect those clients.
    *Don't blame the management you've put in place, blame yourselves. BE REALISTIC with your expectations and in how much work you give to each individual.
    *You are setting everyone (including yourselves and your company) up for failure by forcing too much of a work load on each person and wondering why it isn't getting done.
    *Customer satisfaction matters, but so does employee satisfaction. Give better benefits, pay rates, incentives and bonuses. Maybe try giving positive feedback (along with negative of course) so people can better themselves and stop feeling they're rats in a cage.

**There is NO work/life balance. You are REQUIRED to be at the ready in ANY position (office or caregiver) if you work here, even if it is your day off. They will still call and get upset with you that you weren't around to do whatever they wanted. Interesting theory really. Ever wonder why your employees are so burned out?

nice place

Current Employee - CNA in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - CNA in Canton, OH

I have been working at Right at Home part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

nice place, nice office, nice clients, weekly pay, pick up paycheck

Cons

money hungry, play favorites, no direct deposit, no needed meetings, non informative

thanks

I love my boss!

Current Employee - Certified Home Health Aide in Linwood, NJ
    Current Employee - Certified Home Health Aide in Linwood, NJ

I have been working at Right at Home full-time (less than an year)

Pros

able to take off, boss is very nice and understanding she really appreciates my work

Cons

work 7 days a week just to make ends meet, 2 hours in the morning and 2 at night not easy at all.

They are doing great!

Hha

I worked at Right at Home

Pros

There are Flexible sceduales in that company

Cons

Less pay No hours Bad management unorganized Favoritism

Become more organized and the company may so much better.

Good.

Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Wichita, KS

I worked at Right at Home part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They are a very organized Co.

Cons

Not enough 8 hour shifts.

Right at Home Photos