RightNow Technologies

www.rightnow.com

RightNow Technologies Reviews in Maidenhead, England

RightNow Technologies – Bozeman – “Main entrance”

RightNow Technologies – Bozeman – “Main entrance”

RightNow Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Greg R. Gianforte

Greg R. Gianforte

Pros
  • High performing team, good work-life balance, rewarding work, great solution and satisfied customers (in 3 reviews)

• Great people, commitment to customers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • All Senior Management are "Yes men/women" to CEO (in 3 reviews)

• There is a lot of nepotism, which is probably par for the course when your HQ is in a small town in Montana (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights
5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

RightNow was my passion, unfortunately it was sold to Oracle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsPositive, fun, start-up company environment. Loads of opportunities to make a difference if you reported to a good manager. Felt like family and the it still does with the original gang from the early days.

We worked really hard, accomplished more than any other company I've worked for, but we also had a great time doing it. Everyone has a great sense of humour and often pranked each other in new, innovative ways, but all in good fun. I can remember the cardboard office created by Pro Services and the various office make-overs when someone went on holiday.

Excellent atmosphere all the way around!

ConsSmall town American company that didn't understand the UK and European markets or salaries in those regions - often used the equivalent US salary and converted to GBP or Euros, so for example, a $40,000 job became a £20,000 in the UK. Generally paid incoming people far more than someone they promoted internally to the same position. Greg sold the business to Oracle, which caused a deep dive in morale, many demotions and redundancies and the loss of much of the best talent, but that is natural with an acquisition of this kind.

Politics and no clear leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

Prosgreat product
    good people on the floor.
    When i started there it was a great company to work for but in the years it grew above the possibilities of their own knowledge. There is a urgent need to get better management in place.

Consweak senior management
    too focussed on bootstrapping
    too political

Advice to Senior Managementget some external people with knowledge in top positions

A great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsRecognition for a job well done.
    A fast paced and challenging environment.
    Great people and low staff turnover.

ConsTraining is heavily geared towards the product. Would like to see more management and leadership training.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide access to wider training than just the product. And bring in external experts where necessary. The skills aren't always inhouse.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reasonable place to work, but no career progression.

Sales (Former Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsProfessional place to work with some fantastic people across the board. Good benefits and base salary, and for sales the kick-off event and president club is great.

ConsSales compensation package is weak, and is not tied to the job that you do. Can be a bit of conflict between the sales and professional service teams. The business is supported by its existing customer base but no recognition is given for the work needed to support this. Quota is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementAward people for the actual jobs they are tasked to do rather than have a generic sales compensation policy. Create opportuntiies for advancement within.

A great company to work for

Consultant (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsRightNow has a world-class product in version 8 that dominates the competitors. Its familiar to all who use microsoft desktops, simple to implement and has a wealth of new development coming up. Its also very reliable, pretty much bug free and quick to deploy. The professional services team is pretty good but has the usual sales / PS differences, we seem to be gaining market share. The company believes in getting delivery done right now and not over the next two years!

ConsThere are long periods of travelling away from home, the office support could be better. The sales team seem unable to demonstrate any product awareness (typical sales though?) The company is based in the US and doesn't understand the enterprise market that the UK office is going for and consequently they undervalue how much professional services are required in a deal.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the last 6 months we've been taking on CRM companies that we know we can beat - why not take on SFDC? As the product grows in features there isn't a corresponding growth in vision from the senior management.

Worked for RightNow Technologies? Contribute to the Community!