RightNow Technologies

www.rightnow.com

RightNow Technologies Reviews

Updated May 16, 2014
RightNow Technologies – Bozeman – “Main entrance”

RightNow Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Greg R. Gianforte

Greg R. Gianforte

Pros
  • High performing team, good work-life balance, rewarding work, great solution and satisfied customers(in 3 reviews)

• Great people, commitment to customers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • All Senior Management are "Yes men/women" to CEO(in 3 reviews)

• There is a lot of nepotism, which is probably par for the course when your HQ is in a small town in Montana(in 3 reviews)

Professionals with Teamwork

Client Success Manager (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsHigh performing team, good work-life balance, rewarding work, great solution and satisfied customers.

ConsRightNow was purchased by Oracle. Although many of the team have remained, the original team has left. The culture is much different than it was when it was a stand-alone company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRightNow should be treated as a stand-alone and not a part of the Oracle suite of products. That may sound impossible, but the importance of the product is diluted and the culture has been severely altered. These are what lead to the success of the product.

Great company to work for, prior to acquisition by Oracle

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood culture, strong product, great market opportunity

ConsNone come to mind,they did a great job

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Awesome Experience

Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsFast paced, supportive environment, excellent management, great opportunity for growth

ConsSold too soon. RighNow's success ended with the acquisition from Oracle

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RightNow was my passion, unfortunately it was sold to Oracle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsPositive, fun, start-up company environment. Loads of opportunities to make a difference if you reported to a good manager. Felt like family and the it still does with the original gang from the early days.

We worked really hard, accomplished more than any other company I've worked for, but we also had a great time doing it. Everyone has a great sense of humour and often pranked each other in new, innovative ways, but all in good fun. I can remember the cardboard office created by Pro Services and the various office make-overs when someone went on holiday.

Excellent atmosphere all the way around!

ConsSmall town American company that didn't understand the UK and European markets or salaries in those regions - often used the equivalent US salary and converted to GBP or Euros, so for example, a $40,000 job became a £20,000 in the UK. Generally paid incoming people far more than someone they promoted internally to the same position. Greg sold the business to Oracle, which caused a deep dive in morale, many demotions and redundancies and the loss of much of the best talent, but that is natural with an acquisition of this kind.

Nice People - Great Product

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsClose knit team of like-minded professionals who really care about delivering a positive experience to customers

ConsLost many people since acquisition in 2012 by Oracle.. culture has been diluted significantly... not the same as it was.

It was good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people to work with. Fun parties, great learning experience.

ConsNo longer around. Isn't the same as it used to be.

excellent

Intern (Former Employee) Bozeman, MT

Prossmall company culture, big company perks

Consaquired by Oracle so no longer an existing independent company

RightNow was great before Oracle...

Manager, Web Development (Former Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsIt had a small company feel with the benefits of being a publicly traded company. The people were amazing and everyone worked and played hard

ConsIt was purchased by Oracle and the culture of the company changed radically and quickly.

Amazing Place to work

Accounting (Former Employee) Bozeman, MT

Pros- The culture at RNT was great. We all worked hard together and played just as hard.
    - awesome pay

Cons-acquired by Oracle in 2012. Most jobs were absorbed into Oracle, but mine happened to be made redundant.

Great place to work.

Sales (Former Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsGreat people, commitment to customers.

ConsGet's pretty cold in MT!

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoy your time off!

Worked for RightNow Technologies? Contribute to the Community!