RightNow Technologies

Updated May 16, 2014
4.1

RightNow Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Greg R. Gianforte
Greg R. Gianforte

Pros
  • High performing team, good work-life balance, rewarding work, great solution and satisfied customers (in 3 reviews)

• Great people, commitment to customers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • All Senior Management are "Yes men/women" to CEO (in 3 reviews)

• There is a lot of nepotism, which is probably par for the course when your HQ is in a small town in Montana (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

It's a fabulous place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

Can really make a difference

Cons

tough competitive marketplace with huge competitors

expanded my skillset

Current Employee - Development  in  Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Development in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

good work life balance, don't need to work 100 hours per week.
    management is not complete royalty.
    Feel like my contributions matter.

Cons

more metrics used to determine performance, amount of bureaucracy has expanded as the company has expanded.
    software projects are on time which is an exception to most software projects.

buy something nice will all the stock options you got from the oracle acquisition.
    curious to know what happens after the merger.

Great people, product and direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

The company hires the absolute best talent on the market. I have read reviews by some that interpret this as arrogance but, in today's economy, every hire-opportunity has to be strategic. I appreciate a company that takes the talent-recruitement process seriously.

Cons

There is a tremendous amount of training available for our product-set. I appreciate that the company will be lending more focus to management, communication and soft-skill training in the coming year to compliment the product training focus that exists today.

Management tiers may be getting too "deep". Considering flattening some organizations so top-brass is able to stay closer to the work/client-level relationships.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Former Employee - Sales  in  Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Sales in Bozeman, MT

I worked at RightNow Technologies

Pros

Compensation. happy customers and good location.

Cons

Hard to ramp up. Not much good training. Old timers have big edge.

Care more about employees. Be more aggressive in marketplace. Don't be so selfish.

Decent place to work

Former Employee - Software Developer II  in  Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Bozeman, MT

I worked at RightNow Technologies

Pros

Many lead developers and managers have been promoted from within, they know the code base inside and out.
    Nice work environment
    Good benefits
    Tend to keep up with the latest technology

Cons

Many lead developers and managers have been promoted from within, they have very little/poor management skills.
    Many leads and managers are very buddy/buddy, it leads to a culture where you can't complain to upper management because they are personal friends with the management between yourself and them self.

Encourage middle management to keep personal and business relationships separate. Executive level management encourages an open door policy, but in reality this doesn't work due to the relationships between middle managers.

Wish they'd teach me...

Current Employee - Intern  in  Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Intern in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

I directly work with some good people. Overall the company is great to work for, though I've only been there a short time. Opportunity to learn, if you are lucky enough to get it.

Cons

As an intern, I should be learning more then I am. Seems that they are wanting me to learn though "osmosis".

As an intern, I would like to actually learn the procedures. A lot of the time it seems that I am wasting time, both yours and mine.

Well...

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bozeman, MT

I worked at RightNow Technologies

Pros

It is a good place to work as the work environment is pretty easy and flexible. Good growth potential and good places to work.

Cons

Over all work was fine, but it is tough at times when you have to meet the dead lines. You

Flexible Corporate Environment

Current Employee - Coordinator  in  Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

RightNow employees practice trust as an efficiency measure and it works. There are few barriers to getting your job done. Innovation is encouraged. And the best thing about RightNow is how flexible they are about time - PTO is reasonable, but more importantly, hours are flexible for people with children, pets, volunteer commitments, etc.

Cons

You need to be extremely ambitious to get ahead - but that cultivates an environment of excellence. No real complaints. The best people at RightNow are at the top or on their way there - where they should be.

The only advice I can think of is to work harder to align the reality of the corporate culture with the list of RightNow's "values". Often I don't feel we are "living" all of these values. We live by "Rid the World", but I think we forget the more specific values.

It could be good, but not so much!

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at RightNow Technologies

Pros

In theory a good company with a good product.

Cons

- All Senior Management are "Yes men/women" to CEO
    - If you aren't in Bozeman and aren't favored by management, you might as well leave
    - Favoritism is very apparent in the Sales organization

CEO needs to step down, he doesn't believe in marketing and has no idea how to grow the company to the next level.

Folksy demeanor can be misleading - watch your back

Former Employee - Operations  in  Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Operations in Bozeman, MT

I worked at RightNow Technologies

Pros

Improving the customer experience is the goal of the company, which is a good and noble objective

Cons

If you are not in Bozeman, you will have a hard time getting 'in' with the movers and shakers and making an impact. So many people have been there for so long, that they assume everyone knows what they know. They treat Greg G like a god.

More strategic, long term plans with ways to execute. Too many fire drills and knee jerk reaction planning. Senior mgmt not willing to train others and provide constructive criticism.

Worked for RightNow Technologies? Contribute to the Community!