RightNow Technologies

Updated January 14, 2015
4.1

RightNow Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Greg R. Gianforte
Greg R. Gianforte

Pros
  • High performing team, good work-life balance, rewarding work, great solution and satisfied customers (in 3 reviews)

• Great people, commitment to customers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • All Senior Management are "Yes men/women" to CEO (in 3 reviews)

• There is a lot of nepotism, which is probably par for the course when your HQ is in a small town in Montana (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Work here is exciting, challenging, and rewarding.

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

employees are passionate, and share their appreciation of innovation and integrity. The culture fosters fun and excitement, and opportunities abound for continuous learning and advancement.

Cons

headquarters is not easy to get too, many competitive threats, understaffed for the many opportunities, Culture incosistant across locations, the organisation is very political and Bozeman centric

Overall good leadership and rethink compensation strategies with global market in mind, it needs to be more competitive with other markets.

It's a fabulous place to work

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

Can really make a difference

Cons

tough competitive marketplace with huge competitors

expanded my skillset

Current Employee - Development in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Development in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

good work life balance, don't need to work 100 hours per week.
    management is not complete royalty.
    Feel like my contributions matter.

Cons

more metrics used to determine performance, amount of bureaucracy has expanded as the company has expanded.
    software projects are on time which is an exception to most software projects.

buy something nice will all the stock options you got from the oracle acquisition.
    curious to know what happens after the merger.

Had higher expectations than what is now realized

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

Great product, people, and 'potential' with a growing company

Cons

Sub-standard pay and higher than normal employee churn

Rethink compensation strategies with global market in mind (Developers can work from Bozeman for firms anywhere in the world). RNT needs to be more competitive with other markets.

Great people, product and direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

The company hires the absolute best talent on the market. I have read reviews by some that interpret this as arrogance but, in today's economy, every hire-opportunity has to be strategic. I appreciate a company that takes the talent-recruitement process seriously.

Cons

There is a tremendous amount of training available for our product-set. I appreciate that the company will be lending more focus to management, communication and soft-skill training in the coming year to compliment the product training focus that exists today.

Management tiers may be getting too "deep". Considering flattening some organizations so top-brass is able to stay closer to the work/client-level relationships.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Sales in Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Sales in Bozeman, MT

I worked at RightNow Technologies

Pros

Compensation. happy customers and good location.

Cons

Hard to ramp up. Not much good training. Old timers have big edge.

Care more about employees. Be more aggressive in marketplace. Don't be so selfish.

Decent place to work

Former Employee - Software Developer II in Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Bozeman, MT

I worked at RightNow Technologies

Pros

Many lead developers and managers have been promoted from within, they know the code base inside and out.
    Nice work environment
    Good benefits
    Tend to keep up with the latest technology

Cons

Many lead developers and managers have been promoted from within, they have very little/poor management skills.
    Many leads and managers are very buddy/buddy, it leads to a culture where you can't complain to upper management because they are personal friends with the management between yourself and them self.

Encourage middle management to keep personal and business relationships separate. Executive level management encourages an open door policy, but in reality this doesn't work due to the relationships between middle managers.

Wish they'd teach me...

Current Employee - Intern in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Intern in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

I directly work with some good people. Overall the company is great to work for, though I've only been there a short time. Opportunity to learn, if you are lucky enough to get it.

Cons

As an intern, I should be learning more then I am. Seems that they are wanting me to learn though "osmosis".

As an intern, I would like to actually learn the procedures. A lot of the time it seems that I am wasting time, both yours and mine.

Well...

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bozeman, MT

I worked at RightNow Technologies

Pros

It is a good place to work as the work environment is pretty easy and flexible. Good growth potential and good places to work.

Cons

Over all work was fine, but it is tough at times when you have to meet the dead lines. You

Flexible Corporate Environment

Current Employee - Coordinator in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at RightNow Technologies

Pros

RightNow employees practice trust as an efficiency measure and it works. There are few barriers to getting your job done. Innovation is encouraged. And the best thing about RightNow is how flexible they are about time - PTO is reasonable, but more importantly, hours are flexible for people with children, pets, volunteer commitments, etc.

Cons

You need to be extremely ambitious to get ahead - but that cultivates an environment of excellence. No real complaints. The best people at RightNow are at the top or on their way there - where they should be.

The only advice I can think of is to work harder to align the reality of the corporate culture with the list of RightNow's "values". Often I don't feel we are "living" all of these values. We live by "Rid the World", but I think we forget the more specific values.

RightNow Technologies Photos