RightNow Technologies

www.rightnow.com

RightNow Technologies Reviews

Updated May 16, 2014
RightNow Technologies – Bozeman – “Main entrance”

RightNow Technologies – Bozeman – “Main entrance”

RightNow Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Greg R. Gianforte

Greg R. Gianforte

Pros
  • High performing team, good work-life balance, rewarding work, great solution and satisfied customers (in 3 reviews)

• Great people, commitment to customers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • All Senior Management are "Yes men/women" to CEO (in 3 reviews)

• There is a lot of nepotism, which is probably par for the course when your HQ is in a small town in Montana (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people, product and direction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsThe company hires the absolute best talent on the market. I have read reviews by some that interpret this as arrogance but, in today's economy, every hire-opportunity has to be strategic. I appreciate a company that takes the talent-recruitement process seriously.

ConsThere is a tremendous amount of training available for our product-set. I appreciate that the company will be lending more focus to management, communication and soft-skill training in the coming year to compliment the product training focus that exists today.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement tiers may be getting too "deep". Considering flattening some organizations so top-brass is able to stay closer to the work/client-level relationships.

Good place to work

Sales (Former Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsCompensation. happy customers and good location.

ConsHard to ramp up. Not much good training. Old timers have big edge.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about employees. Be more aggressive in marketplace. Don't be so selfish.

Decent place to work

Software Developer II (Former Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsMany lead developers and managers have been promoted from within, they know the code base inside and out.
    Nice work environment
    Good benefits
    Tend to keep up with the latest technology

ConsMany lead developers and managers have been promoted from within, they have very little/poor management skills.
    Many leads and managers are very buddy/buddy, it leads to a culture where you can't complain to upper management because they are personal friends with the management between yourself and them self.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage middle management to keep personal and business relationships separate. Executive level management encourages an open door policy, but in reality this doesn't work due to the relationships between middle managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wish they'd teach me...

Intern (Current Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsI directly work with some good people. Overall the company is great to work for, though I've only been there a short time. Opportunity to learn, if you are lucky enough to get it.

ConsAs an intern, I should be learning more then I am. Seems that they are wanting me to learn though "osmosis".

Advice to Senior ManagementAs an intern, I would like to actually learn the procedures. A lot of the time it seems that I am wasting time, both yours and mine.

Well...

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsIt is a good place to work as the work environment is pretty easy and flexible. Good growth potential and good places to work.

ConsOver all work was fine, but it is tough at times when you have to meet the dead lines. You

Advice to Senior ManagementOver all work was fine, but it is tough at times when you have to meet the dead lines. You

Flexible Corporate Environment

Coordinator (Current Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsRightNow employees practice trust as an efficiency measure and it works. There are few barriers to getting your job done. Innovation is encouraged. And the best thing about RightNow is how flexible they are about time - PTO is reasonable, but more importantly, hours are flexible for people with children, pets, volunteer commitments, etc.

ConsYou need to be extremely ambitious to get ahead - but that cultivates an environment of excellence. No real complaints. The best people at RightNow are at the top or on their way there - where they should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I can think of is to work harder to align the reality of the corporate culture with the list of RightNow's "values". Often I don't feel we are "living" all of these values. We live by "Rid the World", but I think we forget the more specific values.

It could be good, but not so much!

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsIn theory a good company with a good product.

Cons- All Senior Management are "Yes men/women" to CEO
    - If you aren't in Bozeman and aren't favored by management, you might as well leave
    - Favoritism is very apparent in the Sales organization

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO needs to step down, he doesn't believe in marketing and has no idea how to grow the company to the next level.

Folksy demeanor can be misleading - watch your back

Operations (Former Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsImproving the customer experience is the goal of the company, which is a good and noble objective

ConsIf you are not in Bozeman, you will have a hard time getting 'in' with the movers and shakers and making an impact. So many people have been there for so long, that they assume everyone knows what they know. They treat Greg G like a god.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore strategic, long term plans with ways to execute. Too many fire drills and knee jerk reaction planning. Senior mgmt not willing to train others and provide constructive criticism.

Great location, great employer

Software Developer II (Current Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsLocation - Bozeman is such a terrific town to live in. People who work for RightNow really do have a passion for what we do and are proud of the products we offer. The company has great community giving opportunities, and the atmosphere and community on the RightNow campus is great.

ConsI love working and living in the Bozeman area, but I suppose some people would have a problem being so far away from an urban area. Having family far away is a challenge, because it is costly to fly in and out of Bozeman. One thing I would love to see is a daycare center available to RightNow employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate getting positive feedback for a job well done rather than only negative feedback when something doesn't go as planned. My manager does give me plenty of positive feedback, but I've had others who really focused on the negative rather than the positive.

Great technology, average marketing.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsIt is a great culture with hundreds of great people. There are several good learning opportunities as well as opportunity for advancement. The technology is very good and getting better all the time.

ConsLower than average compensation across the board. Senior management needs to expand their search for executive talent beyond Bozeman, MT.

Advice to Senior ManagementRNT should hire very talented and experienced marketing professionals. There is no brand recognition in the industry. There is no way RNT will be a billion dollar company unless the marketing efforts are increased significantly.

Worked for RightNow Technologies? Contribute to the Community!