Rim Hospitality Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
15 reviews filtered by
2.3
Mark F. Burden

1. Rim is a great company.

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time

Pros

It truly feels like family when you are working for Rim. They treat you great and everyone is so nice. Now that Interstate took over it is a little different feeling, but still a great company.

Cons

Rim is no longer a smaller company, it got bought out by Interstate.

Advice to Management

Work very hard, you will get recognized and will move up. They treat their employees well.

2. I love it

Current Employee - Lead Night Auditor in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Night Auditor in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Rim Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At my hotel, we have awesome management. Everybody at this level is treated like family. We all seem to be appreciated. I think the benefits are great. Everyone here works hard and is respected by management. Management encourages and mentors you to go the next available level. Management works very hard and is always available 24/7 for help.

Cons

Management is very "CYA", but that is understandable. I think the rate of pay could be a little more. Benefits are a little expensive if you have dependents of any type.

Advice to Management

Like I said, at least local management is awesome. I don't know about other properties, but I love it here.

3. Great Company

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Rim. I enjoyed the training and the ability to be me. I was allowed to operate the hotel under the given guidelines. If I felt like there was an opportunity to do something unique then Rim would give me the green light. The entire experience was wonderful and it was easy to pass that forward to our guests. This company was able to give me the work/life balance I needed. The core values meshed with my style of leadership as a GM. The opportunities are always available.

Cons

The only downside was the HR department. They were not the friendliest of people. Everyone else was amazing in every other department.

Advice to Management

Find an HR manager that is not condescending and is willing to get the facts from every aspect.

5. Sales

I have been working at Rim Hospitality full-time

Pros

Great company overall. Regional property visits are nice, some of them will greet all staff members upon arrival.

Cons

Boys Club. No training on the job. You are pretty much on your own.

6. Good opportunity to move up within company

I worked at Rim Hospitality

Pros

Good benefits, opportunity to move up in company.

Cons

They have a way of overlooking problems that cost money to fix. The goals are very difficult to make

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and don't ignore problems just because they cost money

7. Great environment, but due to growth can be chaotic at times.

I have been working at Rim Hospitality

Pros

Company is growing and located in multiple states. People are friendly and willing to help when time permits.

Cons

Not a clear chain of command. Receive varying instructions depending on who talk to. Slow at responding to emails and not always prompt at returning phone calls.

8. Employer review

I have been working at Rim Hospitality

Pros

You'll get to use the latest Blackberries for free. It's relatively easier to internal transfers if you want to move on to different jobs later.

Cons

It becomes bureaucratic when the company grows bigger.

Advice to Management

It's safe to produce products already a market success, but innovation is also important.

9. Okay could have been better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits were good compared to some other places, rimserve was a great program and way to get to know other properties within the company. Easy going pace at hotel level. Other hotels expect 50-60 hours a week from managers, Rim gm's seemed to work 35-40 hours a week.

Cons

Upper management (corporate) ...it's who you know not what you know, listens to property level managers who only get ahead by kissing up to them. Area managers should do surprise visits to see what really goes on- how much time is wasted on the clock. HR was very difficult to work with. The motto was once hired never fired.

Advice to Management

Try listening to employees and not just property general managers, they are only trying to make themselves look better at any cost. It once was a great company to work for but over the past few years it's been going downhill.

10. Seem great, but show true colors quickly

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just stay hourly, once you move up into the company it is just terrible.

Cons

No respect of life outside of work, plays favorites, no time focusing on what is the root cause of the problem just yell and blame others, ZERO communication. Very old-school style management. Upper management are "bros". Lots of whispering behind other peoples backs. No team effort in making the hotels a better place, just focused on making others look bad to make themselves look better.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. Actually investigate the issues that are occurring.

11. Working for Rim Hospitality was the worst experience of my 25 year career in the hotel business.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Rim Hospitality full-time

Pros

None. If your property is going to be managed by Rim it's a great time to investigate other opportunities.

Cons

The upper management team demonstrates an air of grandiose expertise in the hospitality business, nothing could be further from the truth. HR is rude and disinterested. Regional folks arrive at your property barking orders without ever developing even the most basic understanding of your property location or customer base.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees respectfully and get over your big egos.