Rimini Street
www.riministreet.com Las Vegas, NV 50 to 149 Employees

Rimini Street Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Seth Ravin

Best high tech company I've ever worked for!

I have been working at Rimini Street full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits, stock options pre-IPO, Sr. Management and Executive Management care about the staff. The bonus plan is fair, based on your contribution and success of the company. Work from home with great support with home office setup, hardware, software supplies. Exciting dynamic and work culture due to the company's rock-solid place in the industry. Happy customers and interested prospects. Company is still small but growing rapidly, allowing for a lot of room for career development and growth.

ConsHard work, sometimes put in more than typical 8-hour days, but that's been typical of every job in high tech. Starting salaries are lower than other companies, but bonus plan is good to off-set that.

Advice to Senior ManagementiPhones vs. Blackberry's please! More "state of the union" all-hands calls to stay updated on RSI.

A great place to work for motivated people

I have been working at Rimini Street full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRimini Street offers a great opportunity to highly motivated individuals to grow and excel. I have worked for Rimini Street for over four years and I could not be happier. Senior Management values fresh ideas and encourages out-of-the-box thinking. Although the energy and effort involved may be too demanding for some, I enjoy the stimulating environment that Rimini Street offers. You always feel like a valuable member of the Rimini Street family.

ConsNone - this really is a great company to work for!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening to the employees and steering the company in the right direction amid the exceptional growth.

Great company with a clear vision for the future.

I have been working at Rimini Street full-time for more than a year

ProsGood leadership from CEO and President. They are clearly moving the company forward. Sales and Marketing are leading the way with the help of great Product Line Leadership based on overall customer satisfaction. I have found the people at Rimini Street to be first class and they continue to bring in the best people and bring out the best in people who are already here.

ConsIt is a fast based company and you need to be prepared to do more than just your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within where it makes sense and continue to bring in the best and the brightest.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Dev. at Rimini Street rocks!

Business Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rimini Street full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is easy, I love my job. I have been in IT tech sales and business development since 1992....this is the most fun job I've ever had. I have a boss that gives me autonomy to go kick ass without busywork, and she handles any issues that come up that might otherwise delay me. I have a say in the direction of our department, I feel like a trusted member of the team that is respected. That is not how I have felt in many if not most of my previous gigs. We are David versus the Goliaths of Oracle and SAP. THAT'S FUN...at least for me it is.

ConsNo cons. Freedom to succeed. No strings attached. No snakepit.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your team members. It means everything.

Excellent Benefits, Team Spirit, Motivation for Company to Succeed

Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Rimini Street full-time for less than a year

ProsCompany is far and above competitors and makes you proud to work here. Very strong team spirit which is a motivating factor and helps you want the company to succeed as a team. Great to be exceedingly optimistic about the company's future. Benefits are far optimal to those at other companies in high tech industry. Stock options to all employees is great.

ConsFear of being acquired by Oracle.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer employee stock purchase plan pre-IPO.

Nice business concept, poor execution

Primary Support Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Rimini Street full-time for less than a year

ProsWork from home
Very good team environment
Will take care of all issues

ConsBenefits - not so good
Supposed to carry Blackberry 24X7
Constant fear about what will happen with Oracle's case

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great company, great team, excellent oppertunities

I have been working at Rimini Street full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI've been with this company for several years now, this a great place to work.

Consnothing negative to say, I do not agree with the reviews of some folks on here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Sales Team is "Cliquish" and dont work at all

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Rimini Street full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you want an Inside sales job where you can fly under the radar without doing anything this is the place, fridge has organic apples, bananas, and carrots and there is cup o noodles. furniture is absolutely excellent.

ConsOracle will swallow these people alive. Upper Management is legacy, old and inefficient. Grooming process is horrendous i.e "Bro, there is a lot of politics at this company be careful what you say" is what I heard on my first day. The sales reps literally make less than 5 calls a day yet Manager acts like everything is under control and you are not allowed to voice opinions or helpful changes as they will be viewed as a threat, coworkers don't talk to new hirees and are very negative and hate their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new Managers and be proactive when someone complains

Lots of lip service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rimini Street full-time

ProsNice concept of the company and can do well but not under the current management. If the company was bought by another and most of the management were relieved of their position it would be better for the employees and the company culture.

ConsThe level of maturity is not there in many of the departments. It is definitely a small company but the culture is horrible where you have employees acting like they are still in college and some act like they are still in high school. So much yapping and not enough work.
After reading all the reviews - it is obvious nothing has changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example, which mean they have to grow up too.

Burnout From Overaggressive Divisional Goal-Setting

I have been working at Rimini Street full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent company culture.

Kitchens stocked with free food.

Nice benefits.

Flexibility for those issued take home equipment but it's used as a leash.

Corporate, but business clothes are optional. You can come to work in your jeans and sneakers.

Career-oriented atmosphere, with tuition reimbursement.

ConsThose employees who are conscientious, work hard and have high job engagement are not shown that they are valued and loose motivation after a few quarters.

Overly aggressive with divisional goals set for employees leading to the burn-out for some.

Very little organizational justice for entry-level workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllocate pay fairly. Reward and/ or recognize hard workers. Stock the kitchen with healthier food. Take better care in recognizing burn-out in your employees and address it.

Worked for Rimini Street? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rimini Street reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rimini Street CEO Seth Ravin. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Rimini Street employees.