Rimkus Consulting

Be The First To
Add Photos

S Frank Culberson

Marketing

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time for more than a year

ProsMarketing responsibilities consists of a sales, account executive, and creative marketing role.

ConsPressure for consistent improvement, but not extremely overwhelming

Very Slow Company

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Rimkus Consulting as an intern

ProsYou work independently for 90% of the time.

ConsYou work independently. The marketing department is nothing like an actual marketing department.

Head Down and Nose to the Grindstone

Forensic Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Rimkus Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

ProsReally good place to learn, train and hone your skills for future employment or even your own future startup. Alternately, it's a stable company and if stability is what you want and you're able to adapt to the culture, this could be a good fit for you. This place produces much of its own completion, many of whom turn out to be some of the best competitors in the industry.

ConsAs an engineer or technical expert, your role is clear: work hard, bill as much as possible, and recognize you were hired to work for and not improve the company. Marketing and management appear to be self-elevated and appear to have either systematically or coincidentally maneuvered most upward mobility and opportunity to contribute to the company's growth from the desks of the engineers and technical experts.

It appears that only if an engineer or technical expert ascends into office or division management will they ever go anywhere other than the lower, wide and flat area of the org chart. If the engineer does ascend into management, they then incur two fulltime jobs: management and continuing to bill as an engineer. Tough on a family man or woman.

I have personally received negative feedback from plenty of people in the industry. While I used to mention my prior employment there positively to prospective clients, I have ceased this exercise as I think it may do more harm than good.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsult with a top-tier business growth strategist / consulting firm. Management and business structure could use a complete overhaul IF growth is desired. If status quo is fine, then keep on keeping on.

Best Expert Witness Firm 2012

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time

ProsDirect hire their consultants who have vast knowledge in their fields of expertise. They have everything from forensic accounting to oil & gas, fire, property, biomechanical, accident reconstruction, construction, environmental, etc. 35 offices, including London.

ConsNeed more offices in upper portion of US.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire people who are no longer requested or showing good numbers. It hurts morale to have non-performers working alongside those who work diligently.

Not bad if you are a man

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rimkus Consulting for more than 3 years

ProsMgmt allows you to do your job without hovering over you. Good benefits. Very relaxed atmosphere.

ConsGood ole boy company. You'll succeed if you are a man. If you are a woman, hope you have tough skin.

Review of Rimkus Consulting

Forensic Engineer (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Rimkus Consulting

ProsGreat working atmosphere, helpful coworkers, very good bosses to work with, they are informative, helpful and understanding.

ConsI believe I was pigeonholed into certain typesof assignments, although I proved in later jobs that I could expand beyond these areas and take on a greater variety of assignments than I was offered at Rimkus. As a result, when the market demand for the areas in which I worked dropped significantly, I was simply let go for lack of available work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a look at all youe employees can do, there may well be alternatives to the types of assignments they have 'always been doing'. Give them a chance ti diversify, especially if economic conditions demand it.

Great place to work if you like to be independent.

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Rimkus Consulting

ProsYou have the freedom to do your job. Rarely is management on top of you. They trust you to do the job you have in the time period you see fit. There is always help available if you need it though. The pay is great and they offer generous bonus in the summer. The senior level engineer are incredibly smart and alway willing to help you out. I was never looked down of for trying to figure things out.

ConsThere are not a lot of ways to move up. The management levels are pretty flat. While the stuff you do everyday is different, in 5 years your job will look very similar to what you were doing now.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more feedback to younger engineers just getting started.

boys club

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rimkus Consulting

Prosinteresting work, different every day

Consboys club, nepotism, several employees should consider retiring.

Advice to Senior Managementna

Worked for Rimkus Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rimkus Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rimkus Consulting CEO S Frank Culberson. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Rimkus Consulting employees.