Rimkus Consulting

3.3

S Frank Culberson

Admin Assistant

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Rimkus Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I got my start at Rimkus Consulting Group and spent nearly 7 years with the company. I had a great manager, and really enjoyed the company culture and working along side my fellow coworkers. Rimkus is very family oriented and helped me plan my work hours around being a single Mom. Its a great place if you're motivated to work, lots of autonomy, and central location in the city.

Cons

Compensation could have been better. Sometimes it felt like, "the good ole boys club"

Keep up the great work!

Good intentions

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time

Pros

Company has great growth potential and the leadership team is actively involved in day to day decision making. Open door policy with COO, CEO and board members make them easy to approach. Most of the engineers and experts are great at what they do and interact with clients well.

Cons

No new training, based on your position, you'll learn so much as you go along it takes the first 2 years to understand how to be effective. No systems in place to share processes and procedures.

Create a new hire training geared to profession, rather than admins, marketers and experts attending the same one. Establish a way to disseminate "best practices" and procedures to assist employees in knowing the correct channels to follow. Hold employees accountable (teach, coach, train, then progressive discipline) when they aren't doing their job properly or in a timely manner

Dissatisfied

I worked at Rimkus Consulting

Pros

Free Juice and coffee in the morning; good location; free parking.

Cons

Pay, management, Mysogynisitc; manager lost a file and blamed me for it.

Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Rimkus Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great office location, facilities and parking

Cons

Supervisor who had no clue how to do the work or how to manage effectively without playing favorites. Favoritism is the only way to be promoted not the quality of the work or job performance. Management out of touch with what was actually happening in the office.

Pay attention to employees work-product instead of who is sucking up to you.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company, the type fo work will always be needed.

Cons

Training and management could be better. Not a whole lot of training before you are thrown in.

Good old boys club

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting

Pros

Flexible for certain people.
    Interesting

Cons

Nepotism
    Sexism
    Misogyny
    Led by people who aren't in touch with reality.

Open your eyes.

good opportunity

I have been working at Rimkus Consulting full-time

Pros

fair compensation, good company culture, interesting work, a lot of very smart people

Cons

not much to say here

Great overall company, over staffed at times

Former Employee - Geologist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Geologist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Rimkus Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great group of guys to work with, upper management is easy to get along with most of the time. Close group of colleagues that make work an enjoyable experience.

Cons

Work was not challenging enough most of the time and tedious.. Management plays favorites to frequently. As a new hire don't expect much respect at first, it is something that is earned with this company.

Give more opportunity for advancement. Provide more feedback and review of work satisfaction

Very Slow Company

Former Intern - Marketing
    Former Intern - Marketing

I worked at Rimkus Consulting as an intern

Pros

You work independently for 90% of the time.

Cons

You work independently. The marketing department is nothing like an actual marketing department.

Head Down and Nose to the Grindstone

Former Employee - Forensic Engineer
    Former Employee - Forensic Engineer

I worked at Rimkus Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really good place to learn, train and hone your skills for future employment or even your own future startup. Alternately, it's a stable company and if stability is what you want and you're able to adapt to the culture, this could be a good fit for you. This place produces much of its own completion, many of whom turn out to be some of the best competitors in the industry.

Cons

As an engineer or technical expert, your role is clear: work hard, bill as much as possible, and recognize you were hired to work for and not improve the company. Marketing and management appear to be self-elevated and appear to have either systematically or coincidentally maneuvered most upward mobility and opportunity to contribute to the company's growth from the desks of the engineers and technical experts.

It appears that only if an engineer or technical expert ascends into office or division management will they ever go anywhere other than the lower, wide and flat area of the org chart. If the engineer does ascend into management, they then incur two fulltime jobs: management and continuing to bill as an engineer. Tough on a family man or woman.

I have personally received negative feedback from plenty of people in the industry. While I used to mention my prior employment there positively to prospective clients, I have ceased this exercise as I think it may do more harm than good.

Consult with a top-tier business growth strategist / consulting firm. Management and business structure could use a complete overhaul IF growth is desired. If status quo is fine, then keep on keeping on.