Rinchem

Updated Jun 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chuck Breinholt

I've had a very positive 12-year career with Rinchem.

Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat family company culture in a solid, dynamic business niche.

ConsThe company had been growing at a rapid rate, making the pace challenging and frenetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep investing in your best people.

Indescribable. But I'll give it a try anyway.

Tech (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsYou can make a decent amount of money here, you just have to be willing to work a lot of overtime.

Cons-Overtime. Crazy, stupid, ridiculous amounts of overtime. Between 5 and 25 hours of OT a week. You never know what time you'll get to go home, and you never know if you will be called back to work in the middle of the night or on your days off.
    -Always understaffed, which leads to the above mentioned overtime. Possibly the cause of ...
    -Unrealistic expectations from supervisors, management, and corporate.
    -Lousy, yet surprisingly expensive health plan.
    -Having to listen to a lot of BS about "being safe", but never doing anything real about it. All flash, no substance.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people, or at least hire better people and get rid of the shidiots. Get you business under control so that the good people will want to stay. All of the good employees have either left for better jobs or are in the process of leaving.

A place where it is up to you to make it worth while

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsSmall company where you get to play a lot of different roles and do a lot of different things if you take the initiative. They are really good about finding the right fit for you and will let you try different roles in the company if the one you have is not working out.

ConsThe company culture can be quite destructive. There is very little trust between departments and upper management pushes all the blame for the company's issues down to the managers. Despite having a training program based around strict processes, the training at the company is non-existent and you are thrown in to sink or swim. Being a small, family-owned business there is a lot of nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind the people in the company that are actually accomplishing change and listen to them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Micro managed and you might get 40hrs if your lucky

Driver (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits from day one you have a lot of time off to be with the family but at the same time if you are off of course you are not making money

ConsManagement don't care about his employees micro managed feel like I was in high school getting called or texted every five minutes wanting to know are you finished a 12hr route in 6hrs no overtime at all you may or may not get your 40hrs no room for advancement supervisors are not allowed to manage because they are afraid of losing their jobs.Just a waste of time can't make no money at all this is a job for retirees company is great just poor management was miserable my entire time with the company in the last three years company had at least twenty different drivers if you take off a days vacation or what ever the situation may be you get punished you get to shuttle trailers the following day in the elements for about 12hrs Oh yea and might I ad certain people gets to shuttle trailers after that p.t.o day

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro managing and worring about your bonus and let your people make money so they can take care of their families and let your supervisors manage

Interesting place to work...

Professional (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsNo opportunity for professional growth

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a clearer career path

A good place to work.

ProsThere is always overtime available

ConsEmployees are asked to work a lot of overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less frugal with quarterly bonuses.
    Attempt to show appreciation for employees outside of the traditional practices already established.

Unachievable Expectations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsSome good people in some of the departments

ConsThis place is frantic, at least in the department I worked in. Always way too much to do, and never enough resources. Employees are expected to take on multiple projects, duties outside of their expertise, and meet deadlines that are ever-changing based almost solely on how long the manager "feels" something should take. Incredibly difficult to be successful. Much of the departmental leadership is pitted against each other. Staff are constantly playing catch-up in a game that cannot be won. Unless you are completely desperate for work, keep looking. Pay and benefits are definitely below industry and city averages.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove managers who are childish, unreasonable, and run departments like they are their own little empire. Respect the massive amount of effort that long-term employees put into keeping this place running.

Innovative, challenging environment with industry leader

Global Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

Pros- Manage supply chain activity for companies within the semiconductor/electronics industry.
    - Innovative culture that values new ideas and new thinking from employees, regardless of tenure.
    - Stable company with consistent revenue and profitability growth; very little debt.
    - Friendly co-workers and management; ample value/recognition for star performers.
    - Promotion from within for those who are willing to work hard and prove themselves.

Cons- Strong focus upon continuous improvement and productivity - not a place for people who don't like to be challenged to innovate or improve upon some aspect of their job or their capabilities.
    - Because of substantial growth and expansion, the environment can sometimes be fast-paced and demanding, but it is also a very exciting and dynamic place to work.

Worst Company I've Worked at by Far

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsThe people I worked with were excellent: skilled, intelligent, hard working, and fun loving. The work and what the company did was interesting.

ConsThe salary was lower than most other companies would pay. The amount of work expected was far higher than similar jobs. Expect to put in regular overtime (12-20 hrs/wk) on an already low salary. Mangement pushes for deadlines that are impossible to meet, even when there are multiple estimates from the workers against that timeline. Planning requirements are punitive to getting actual work done. The time off benefits were nearly non-existant. Do not expect time off (neither holidays or vacation) in your first year there. There's no work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementReal benefits. Pay your employees more. Give them time off, at least 2 weeks vacation and holidays the first year. Don't expect regular overtime for salaried employees, this is unfair. Hire enough people to do the work. You say that you respect a healthy work/life balance, well "do what you say you do."

Learning experience, but more resources need to be spent on employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- small company, very personable working environment and structure
    - learn a lot, very entrepreneurial in nature

Cons- Comoany hires predominantly from BYU, pulling from similar backgrounds (educational and otherwise) and that does lead toward a certain amount of "group think"
    - Does not spend enough on resources for remote locations. You do not feel like the company cares for you or your ability to scale. Little support from corporate entities like HR, recruiting, compliance, training
    - Lacks opportunity to scale and a good structure for that process. Often jobs are created for individuals and promotions and

Advice to Senior Management- provide corporate resources to remote locations
    - show employee appreciation

Worked for Rinchem? Contribute to the Community!