Ring Container Technologies

www.ringcontainer.com

Ring Container Technologies Reviews

3.1

Ben Livingston

It has been a pleasure, unfortunately the plant was closed.

Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Salem, OR

I have been working at Ring Container Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with and work for

Cons

The locations of the facilities are not were i would like to be.

Good pay, bad morale

Former Employee - Office Manager in Sidney, OH
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Sidney, OH

I worked at Ring Container Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary, there really is not many more pros than that. There HR is a strong dependable department, at the home office level.

Cons

Company is a little too involved with community outreach. I just want to do my job and go home not spend my time off with people I work with at a charity event.

Completely disappointed with the true character of executive management.

I worked at Ring Container Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent work environment, pay, benefits

Cons

Senior Management completely disconnected and unappreciative of rest of company, look down on the rest of the staff as second class citizens; forgiving their own shortcomings while holding others accountable.

Great until you look under the surface

Former Employee - Professional in Oakland, TN
    Former Employee - Professional in Oakland, TN

I worked at Ring Container Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company financial position is second to none. Savvy money management.
    Progressive business management style which permeates from professional level to lowest level manufacturing employees.
    Some money to be made if you work hard.
    Over-the-top concern for employee safety.
    Everyone is pleasant at the workplace.

Cons

Employees need to meet unsaid criteria for advancement: Married or divorced mother, kids, churchgoer.
    Strong religious clique networked throughout company.
    Pressure to give $ to company endorsed charities. This is tough on minimum and low paying factory workers.
    Culture portrayed is of employee before work, but only if you follow stated and unstated rules. There is no grey area as applied to rules and regulations. Unless you are a Ring family member or related to someone who has worked for the company 15-20 years.
    No racial diversity at top management positions.

Stop worrying so much about following every employment rule to the letter of the law and just treat people decently; your people would like it much better.
    Don't always try so hard to save a dime because the time spent costs a dollar.
    Don't pretend to care so much about your personnel's families, it sounds good the first time, but is soon realized for what it is: fake.
    Stop shaking peoples hands every time you see them each day, it's weird.
    Even if a person is injured, on or off the job, get them back to work doing something as opposed to sitting at home waiting on the injury to heal and making no money. Your lawyers will never tell you this because they make more money.

Not the place you want to work

Former Employee - Process Improvement Manager in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Process Improvement Manager in Salem, OR

I worked at Ring Container Technologies

Pros

The company does not require that you have a college degree. I do, but I was the exception to the rule. People were extremely proud that they were not college educated snobs. Unfortunately it also lead to much strife when you would try to implement changes as everyone did not want to follow what the "snob" suggested. There were some very intelligent people at the company, but mostly it was a shoot from the hip and find someone to blame sort of place. I really cannot recommend working at Ring Container Technologies. Though if you are a plant manager they lease a car for you...

Cons

The company does not require that you have a college degree. I do, but I was the exception to the rule. People were extremely proud that they were not college educated snobs. Unfortunately it also lead to much strife when you would try to implement changes as everyone did not want to follow what the "snob" suggested. There were some very intelligent people at the company, but mostly it was a shoot from the hip and find someone to blame sort of place. I really cannot recommend working at Ring Container Technologies. Same as above for the same reasons. Additionally I was threated by someone who was going to lie to HR to get me fired.

Realize that you need to change. Not just say it, but actually act upon it in a logical manor. Stop making budget related hiring decisions; if you want actual improvement you need to pay for quality staff.

shame it had to end

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Swanley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Swanley, England (UK)

I worked at Ring Container Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

nice people and a lot of good friends made here. also very fair pay for a good days work. very nice place to work

Cons

had to take redundancy package

how about re-employ me??

Ring ranks high

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

longevity affects pay rates negatively